[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-08-22

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Aug 23 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib                                 distrib/crunch
distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
distrib/sparc64                         gnu/usr.bin/binutils
include/Makefile                        lib/libc
regress/sys                             sbin/bioctl
sbin/sysctl                             share/man
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/vax/dec
sys/arch/vax/if                         sys/arch/vax/vsa
sys/arch/vax/vxt                        sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/ftp
usr.bin/m4                              usr.sbin
usr.sbin/crunchgen                      usr.sbin/mksuncd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

distrib

  ~ Makefile

  > No need to enter crunch (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile

  > more crunch stuff goes away (deraadt@)

crunch

  - Makefile.inc                          - README
  - crunchgen/Makefile                    - crunchgen/crunched_main.c
  - crunchgen/crunchgen.1                 - crunchgen/crunchgen.c
  - crunchgen/mkskel.sh                   - crunchide/Makefile
  - crunchide/crunchide.1                 - crunchide/crunchide.c
  - crunchide/ecoff_hide.c                - crunchide/elf_hide.c
  ~ Makefile

  > Merge crunchgen & crunchhide (using name checking), and move to usr.sbin
  > next step is to not install it as two programs, but be even more clever
  > (deraadt@)

  - Makefile

  > mksuncd lives in the base now, and one does not need to go do fiddly
  > things in distrib before building snaps or cds of any kind, any more.
  > (deraadt@)

notes

  ~ vax/hardware

  > Let lkms(4) support VSXXX-AB tablets in addition to the mice it already
  > supports, based on appendix C and D of the VCB02 (qdss) technical manual.
  > Also parse the selftest results and report device errors.
  > Not tested on actual tablet due to the lack of any; mouse operation is not
  > disturbed. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.vax

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.socppc                  ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/md.armish                  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/comp/md.i386
  ~ lists/comp/md.landisk                 ~ lists/comp/md.macppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/comp/md.sgi
  ~ lists/comp/md.socppc                  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.zaurus

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

sparc64

  - mksuncd/Makefile                      - mksuncd/mksuncd.1
  - mksuncd/mksuncd.c

  > mksuncd lives in the base now, and one does not need to go do fiddly
  > things in distrib before building snaps or cds of any kind, any more.
  > (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/10 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > Don't install libbfd and libopcodes and the associated headers.
  > They really are just a way to share common code between gdb and binutils
  > (which in the GNU world are seperate packages).  The developers (and I'm
  > one of them) make absolutely no effert to maintain a stable API/ABI.
  > If ports people really need libbfd or libopcodes, they should just
  > package a suitable version.
  > ok weingart@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== include =========================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > Don't install libbfd and libopcodes and the associated headers.
  > They really are just a way to share common code between gdb and binutils
  > (which in the GNU world are seperate packages).  The developers (and I'm
  > one of them) make absolutely no effert to maintain a stable API/ABI.
  > If ports people really need libbfd or libopcodes, they should just
  > package a suitable version.
  > ok weingart@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/10 ==

  ~ stdio/mktemp.c

  > Replace the old algorithm that included the process id as part of the
  > temporary file name with one that only uses random data.  OK deraadt@
  > (millert@)

  ~ gen/getgrouplist.c

  > After spotting a + record, continue scanning and pick up later groups
  > in the file.  Problem spotted by drahn.
  > ok millert (deraadt@)

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > mention machine/cpu.h for the CPU identifiers. (brad@)

  ~ stdlib/Makefile.inc                   ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > Smarter implementation of calloc(3), which uses the fact that mmap(2)
  > returns zero filled pages; remember to replace this function as well if you
  > provide your own malloc implementation; ok djm@ deraadt@ (otto@)

  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > make sure we always map and unmap multiples of MALLOC_PAGESIZE;
  > case spotted by beck, one by me; ok deraadt@ beck@ (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/10 ==

  ~ Makefile                              + net/Makefile
  + net/pf_print_test.c

  > Test the IPv6 address printing of pf_print_host() in net/pf.c.
  > help and ok mpf (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8                              ~ bioctl.c

  > Add a hack to manually kick off rebuilds.  This will need some love in the
  > near future.
  > ok deraadt (marco@)

  ~ bioctl.8                              ~ bioctl.c

  > - -R before -r in SYNOPSIS/usage()
  > - avoid marking up `|' (jmc@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.8

  > mention machine/cpu.h for the CPU identifiers. (brad@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/man4.vax/lkms.4

  > Let lkms(4) support VSXXX-AB tablets in addition to the mice it already
  > supports, based on appendix C and D of the VCB02 (qdss) technical manual.
  > Also parse the selftest results and report device errors.
  > Not tested on actual tablet due to the lack of any; mouse operation is not
  > disturbed. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/hppa/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > Set PIE address range to avoid or minimize mmap pressure due to limited
  > address space. The space between PAGE_SIZE and the non-pie fixed link
  > address creates no mmap pressure so use that space for PIE. However on
  > hppa the non-pie fixed link address is PAGE_SIZE so just use a small range
  > for PIE to minimize mmap pressure.
  > okay miod@ (kurt@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > Set PIE address range to avoid or minimize mmap pressure due to limited
  > address space. The space between PAGE_SIZE and the non-pie fixed link
  > address creates no mmap pressure so use that space for PIE. However on
  > hppa the non-pie fixed link address is PAGE_SIZE so just use a small range
  > for PIE to minimize mmap pressure.
  > okay miod@ (kurt@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > Set PIE address range to avoid or minimize mmap pressure due to limited
  > address space. The space between PAGE_SIZE and the non-pie fixed link
  > address creates no mmap pressure so use that space for PIE. However on
  > hppa the non-pie fixed link address is PAGE_SIZE so just use a small range
  > for PIE to minimize mmap pressure.
  > okay miod@ (kurt@)

arch/vax/dec

  ~ dzms.c                                ~ vsms_ws.c
  ~ vsmsvar.h

  > Let lkms(4) support VSXXX-AB tablets in addition to the mice it already
  > supports, based on appendix C and D of the VCB02 (qdss) technical manual.
  > Also parse the selftest results and report device errors.
  > Not tested on actual tablet due to the lack of any; mouse operation is not
  > disturbed. (miod@)

arch/vax/if

  ~ if_ze.c                               ~ sgec.c
  ~ sgecvar.h

  > Instead of spewing error messages about link status, support link status
  > like all drivers should
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vsa

  ~ if_ze_vsbus.c

  > Instead of spewing error messages about link status, support link status
  > like all drivers should
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vxt

  ~ if_ze_vxtbus.c

  > Instead of spewing error messages about link status, support link status
  > like all drivers should
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

  ~ qscms.c

  > Let lkms(4) support VSXXX-AB tablets in addition to the mice it already
  > supports, based on appendix C and D of the VCB02 (qdss) technical manual.
  > Also parse the selftest results and report device errors.
  > Not tested on actual tablet due to the lack of any; mouse operation is not
  > disturbed. (miod@)

dev

  ~ biovar.h

  > Add a hack to manually kick off rebuilds.  This will need some love in the
  > near future.
  > ok deraadt (marco@)

  ~ ramdisk.c                             ~ rd.c

  > ANSI and other cleanups; ok krw (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ bwi.c

  > a ; in a bad place; dragonfly; ok mglocker (deraadt@)

  > synbc (deraadt@)

  ~ pcidevs                               ~ pucdata.c

  > more puc happiness (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > simplification, and repair findblkmajor for name## lookups; ok krw
  > (deraadt@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > Make pf_print_host() print IPv6 addresses correctly.
  > ok mpf (bluhm@)

sys

  ~ unistd.h

  > set _POSIX_JOB_CONTROL and _POSIX_SAVED_IDS to the correct values; ok
  > millert (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

ftp

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ domacro.c
  ~ ftp.1                                 ~ main.c
  ~ util.c

  > default file transfer type is binary, not ascii;
  > commands which toggle settings can take an explicit on or off argument
  > to force the setting appropiately, show these arguments in usage;
  > synchronize synopsis and usage of commands; spacing; KNF;
  > other minor documentation tweaks.
  > written with help by jmc@
  > ok jmc@ (documentation), martynas@ (type usage and default file transfer
  > type) (sobrado@)

m4

  ~ m4.1

  > kill trailing whitespace; (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

usr.sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > Merge crunchgen & crunchhide (using name checking), and move to usr.sbin
  > next step is to not install it as two programs, but be even more clever
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile

  > move mksuncd to here (but still only sparc64 build) (deraadt@)

crunchgen

  + Makefile                              + README
  + crunched_main.c                       + crunchgen.1
  + crunchgen.c                           + crunchide.1
  + crunchide.c                           + ecoff_hide.c
  + elf_hide.c                            + mkskel.sh

  > Merge crunchgen & crunchhide (using name checking), and move to usr.sbin
  > next step is to not install it as two programs, but be even more clever
  > (deraadt@)

  - crunchide.1                           ~ Makefile
  ~ crunchgen.1                           ~ crunchgen.c
  ~ crunchide.c

  > merge crunchide into crunchgen as the -h flag.  this is not yet done the
  > nicest way since there is lot of code that has to churn, but it works.
  > (deraadt@)

  - crunchgen.1                           ~ Makefile
  + crunchgen.8

  > make it section 8 (deraadt@)

mksuncd

  + Makefile                              + mksuncd.1
  + mksuncd.c