[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-08-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Aug 28 07:00:01 BST 2008

gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         lib/libc
share/man                               sys/altq
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
sys/net80211                            usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/tic

== gnu =============================================================== 01/05 ==

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/calls.c                           ~ gcc/expr.h
  ~ gcc/config/i386/i386-protos.h         ~ gcc/config/i386/i386.c
  ~ gcc/config/i386/i386.h

  > fix 128-bit division.  gcc mangled arguments when passing to the
  > __udivti3, because MUST_PASS_IN_STACK always returned 1 on amd64;
  > pr#5780
  > reported by Simon Kuhnle
  > tested by Simon Kuhnle, sthen@, brad@
  > double-checked & tweak from miod@
  > ok sthen@, brad@ (martynas@)

  ~ gcc/expr.h

  > exposed too much, only expose prototype outside ifdef (martynas@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/05 ==

  ~ stdio/vfprintf.c

  > comment fixes (martynas@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/man4.sgi/intro.4

  > add an Xr to usb, now that we have usb on sgi (jasper@)

  ~ man5/forward.5

  > document \user; from Kristaps D?onsons, originally from Mengzhu Wang
  > document comma separated entries; from millert
  > reorganise the page a bit to read better
  > ok millert (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

altq

  ~ altq_rmclass.h                        ~ altq_rmclass_debug.h

  > delete unused pragma ident junk (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ an.c                                  ~ ar5210.c
  ~ ar5211.c                              ~ ar5212.c
  ~ ath.c                                 ~ atw.c
  ~ pgt.c                                 ~ rtw.c
  ~ rt2560.c                              ~ rt2661.c
  ~ malo.c                                ~ rt2860.c
  ~ bwi.c                                 ~ acx.c

  > introduce new IEEE80211_STA_ONLY kernel option that can be set to
  > remove IBSS and HostAP support from net80211 and 802.11 drivers.
  > it can be used to shrink RAMDISK kernels for instance (like what
  > was done for wi(4)).
  > it also has the benefit of highlighting what is specific to IBSS
  > and HostAP modes in the code.
  > the cost is that we now have two code paths to maintain. (damien@)

  ~ bwi.c

  > override net80211's ic_node_alloc function to allocate a full
  > bwi_node structure (containing the rate control state).
  > because bwi(4) does not support HostAP or IBSS modes there is
  > no need to maintain a per-node rate control state, so we could
  > as well store it in bwi_softc but that will allow for future
  > improvements.
  > pointed out by Taylor R Campbell (campbell AT mumble DOT net)
  > on tech@ (damien@)

  ~ ath.c

  > add IEEE80211_RADIOTAP_F_FCS radiotap flag from NetBSD.
  > use it in drivers that leave the 802.11 FCS in frames
  > passed to radiotap BPF.  otherwise, userland has no way
  > to know if FCS is included or not as it depends on drivers.
  > this is required by some ports (aircrack).
  > requested by dhill@ (damien@)

  ~ bwi.c

  > another IEEE80211_RADIOTAP_F_FCS candidate. (damien@)

  ~ rtw.c

  > fix IEEE80211_RADIOTAP_F_SHORTPRE (damien@)

  ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Remove a redundant define for RL_CFG2 and remove an incorrect comment.
  > (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_iwi.c
  ~ if_iwn.c                              ~ if_wpi.c

  > introduce new IEEE80211_STA_ONLY kernel option that can be set to
  > remove IBSS and HostAP support from net80211 and 802.11 drivers.
  > it can be used to shrink RAMDISK kernels for instance (like what
  > was done for wi(4)).
  > it also has the benefit of highlighting what is specific to IBSS
  > and HostAP modes in the code.
  > the cost is that we now have two code paths to maintain. (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_iwi.c

  > the firmware is responsible for sending management frames, but
  > since we pass received management frames to net80211, net80211
  > may send replies (like deauth/disassoc), so we just call
  > IF_PURGE(&ic->ic_mgtq) in {ipw,iwi}_start just to be on the
  > safe side of things (so we don't leak mbufs). (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_ral.c                              ~ if_rum.c
  ~ if_zyd.c

  > introduce new IEEE80211_STA_ONLY kernel option that can be set to
  > remove IBSS and HostAP support from net80211 and 802.11 drivers.
  > it can be used to shrink RAMDISK kernels for instance (like what
  > was done for wi(4)).
  > it also has the benefit of highlighting what is specific to IBSS
  > and HostAP modes in the code.
  > the cost is that we now have two code paths to maintain. (damien@)

  ~ if_zyd.c                              ~ if_zydreg.h

  > hardware may pass us ACK or CTS frames in some cases, so use
  > IEEE80211_ACK_LEN instead of IEEE80211_MIN_LEN for ZYD_MIN_RXBUFSZ
  > and ZYD_MIN_FRAGSZ.
  > silence some warnings while i'm there.
  > change ZYD_FILTER_BSS to use the same value as the vendor's driver
  > that contains some magic (undocumented) bits. (damien@)

  ~ if_ral.c                              ~ if_upgt.c

  > pass FCS to radiotap. (damien@)

  ~ uvideo.h

  > Some __packed cleanup;  Remove another obsolete pack from a none-hardware
  > struct and pack all other hardware structs which have been forgotten.
  > (mglocker@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > another ups (deraadt@)

  ~ usb_quirks.c                          ~ usbdevs.h
  ~ usbdevs_data.h

  ~ if_pppoe.c

  > Fix length check when parsing PPPoE discovery phase packets.
  > Malicious PPPoE discovery packets could cause the kernel to
  > crash.
  > From canacar@ and inspired by the original fix from NetBSD.
  > ok canacar@ (brad@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211.c                           ~ ieee80211_crypto.c
  ~ ieee80211_crypto.h                    ~ ieee80211_crypto_tkip.c
  ~ ieee80211_input.c                     ~ ieee80211_ioctl.c
  ~ ieee80211_node.c                      ~ ieee80211_output.c
  ~ ieee80211_pae_input.c                 ~ ieee80211_pae_output.c
  ~ ieee80211_proto.c                     ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > introduce new IEEE80211_STA_ONLY kernel option that can be set to
  > remove IBSS and HostAP support from net80211 and 802.11 drivers.
  > it can be used to shrink RAMDISK kernels for instance (like what
  > was done for wi(4)).
  > it also has the benefit of highlighting what is specific to IBSS
  > and HostAP modes in the code.
  > the cost is that we now have two code paths to maintain. (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211_radiotap.h

  > add IEEE80211_RADIOTAP_F_FCS radiotap flag from NetBSD.
  > use it in drivers that leave the 802.11 FCS in frames
  > passed to radiotap BPF.  otherwise, userland has no way
  > to know if FCS is included or not as it depends on drivers.
  > this is required by some ports (aircrack).
  > requested by dhill@ (damien@)

  ~ ieee80211.h                           ~ ieee80211_radiotap.h
  ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > move definitions of channels attributes away from ieee80211.h such
  > that ieee80211.h contains only definitions that are part of the
  > 802.11 standard and not constants used internally by net80211.
  > because channels attributes are exported to userland through the
  > radiotap BPF interface, add the definitions to ieee80211_radiotap.h
  > too (which must be kept in sync with what is used in net80211).
  > also, do not export combinations of channel attributes to userland
  > so that noone get stupid ideas. (damien@)

mg

  ~ keymap.c

  > add a C-c target, so we can use it as a prefix for keybindings.
  > Now you can do something like:
  > global-set-key "\^c\^c" compile
  > in your ~/.mg (kjell@)

tic