[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-12-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 12 07:00:01 GMT 2008

etc/rc                                  include/math.h
lib/libm                                regress/usr.bin
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/amd64/isa                      sys/arch/i386/isa
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/cdio                            usr.bin/systat
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/smtpd

== etc =============================================================== 01/08 ==

rc

  ~ rc

  > Bump size of isakmpd RSA host key up to 2048 bits to match the
  > SSH2-RSA size; ok hshoexer@, no objection from miod@ (naddy@)

== include =========================================================== 02/08 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

math.h

  ~ math.h

  > add __infinityf declaration.  (only affects vax).  pointed out by miod@
  > (martynas@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

libm

  ~ man/infnan.3

  > remove an unneccessary addition to SEE ALSO: all the information
  > is already there;
  > ok martynas (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/08 ==

usr.bin

  ~ mdoclint/mdoclint

  > reorg code so that it can be cut further.
  > discussed with jmc@ and Thomas Klausner (wiz at netbsd.org) (espie@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man9/malloc.9

  > - update the list of types
  > - some text improvements
  > - remember systat(1)
  > ok otto (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ubsa.4

  > list AC8700 in ubsa(4) (fkr@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/amd64/include

  ~ isa_machdep.h

  > Kill the $ARCH prefix for isa_dma_cookie. With this change, the i386 and
  > amd64 isa dma code is identical save for some formatting, and a slight
  > difference in bus_dmamem_alloc.
  > "Die x86_!" krw at . (oga@)

arch/amd64/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c

  > Kill the $ARCH prefix for isa_dma_cookie. With this change, the i386 and
  > amd64 isa dma code is identical save for some formatting, and a slight
  > difference in bus_dmamem_alloc.
  > "Die x86_!" krw at . (oga@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c                         ~ isa_machdep.h

  > Kill the $ARCH prefix for isa_dma_cookie. With this change, the i386 and
  > amd64 isa dma code is identical save for some formatting, and a slight
  > difference in bus_dmamem_alloc.
  > "Die x86_!" krw at . (oga@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ ieee.h

  > revert back to 1.4, since there's still some code that uses this;  pointed
  > out by theo (martynas@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/radeon_cp.c                       ~ drm/radeon_drv.h
  ~ drm/radeon_state.c

  > Don't do radeon_cp_dispatch flip on lastclose.
  > Sometimes the sarea isn't there and screws us. The intention of this
  > call was to set the scanout buffer back to being correct.
  > On the other hand: If we're in lastclose the xserver is shutting and
  > thus the scanout buffer is moot. Kernel modesetting will probably
  > revising pageflipping, but that'll be a different interface anyway.
  > Since all lastclose does not is call radeon_do_release() just rename
  > radeon_do_release to lastclose and nuke the old one.
  > Uwe@ has some crashes in here occasionally, this diff fixed them for him.
  > (oga@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > add device id for Qualcomm AC8700 modem, from freebsd (fkr@)

  ~ ubsa.c

  > hook Qualcomm AC8700 modem into ubsa(4), from freebsd
  > discussed with yuo@ and deraadt@ (fkr@)

  > regen (fkr@)

kern

  ~ kern_exit.c

  > a little bit of paranoia (deraadt@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > export per-interface mbuf cluster pool use statistics out to userland
  > inside if_data, so that netstat(1) and systat(1) can see them
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if.c                                  ~ if.h

  > export per-interface mbuf cluster pool use statistics out to userland
  > inside if_data, so that netstat(1) and systat(1) can see them
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > export per-interface mbuf cluster pool use statistics out to userland
  > inside if_data, so that netstat(1) and systat(1) can see them
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

cdio

  ~ rip.c

  > don't try to sio_close a NULL sio_hdl.  stops cdio from segfaulting
  > when /dev/audio is busy or AUDIODEVICE is not set correctly.
  > commit it!	ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

systat

  ~ systat.1

  > move one paragraph to a more logical position; (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepository.pm

  > copying local files may cause some issues, as noticed by sturm@
  > Try really hard to avoid copying a file on itself: by first checking the
  > stat() results, and if they are not available (since some people use
  > fucked-up
  > stuff like AFS), rely on the file names as a last resort.
  > This should avoid stuff getting copied from PKG_CACHE to PKG_CACHE and
  > erasing itself in a few cases... (espie@)

smtpd

  ~ smtpd/Makefile                        + util.c

  > - bsnprintf() is a wrapper to snprintf() that can be used when we handle an
  > encoding error or a truncation the same way. This will turn many of
  > our snprintf() checks into boolean checks. (gilles@)

  ~ smtpctl.8

  > - document showqueue and showrunqueue (gilles@)

  ~ smtpd.h

  > - missing prototype (gilles@)

  ~ runner.c

  > - fix a bug that would cause the runner to hit a fatal() when running out
  > of luck under load. Long story made short: the runner process opens
  > the queue and sequentially opens each bucket to process messages.
  > If a message is delivered by MDA/MTA after the opendir(), then the
  > queue process will garbage collect the message from the queue and
  > the runner will attempt to opendir() a path that no longer exists.
  > Reported by Daniel Lidberg <daniel.lidberg at gmail.com>, observed by
  > jacekm@ and debugged by me, that's collaborative work ;-) (gilles@)

  ~ runner.c

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf (gilles@)

  ~ ssl.c

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf (gilles@)

  ~ aliases.c                             ~ makemap/Makefile
  ~ newaliases/Makefile

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf
  > - makemap and newaliases need util.c now (gilles@)

  ~ parse.y

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf (gilles@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf (gilles@)

  ~ queue.c

  > - snprintf -> bsnprintf (gilles@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ queue.c