[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-12-21

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Dec 22 07:00:01 GMT 2008

lib/libsndio                            share/man
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/arch/vax/vsa
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/wscons
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.sbin/smtpd

== lib =============================================================== 01/04 ==

libsndio

  ~ aucat.c                               ~ sndio.c
  ~ sndio_priv.h                          ~ sun.c

  > fix more spelling errors and typos,
  > from Thomas Pfaff <tpfaff(at)@tp76.info>, thanks (ratchov@)

  ~ sun.c

  > remove mixer bits from the audio(4) backend of libsndio, it's not
  > possible to get them right in the current state of the mixer.
  > discussed with jakemsr (ratchov@)

== share ============================================================= 02/04 ==

  ~ man3/tree.3

  > fix example comparison function to work with large ranges of numbers.  ok
  > djm otto (tedu@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

  ~ ioapic.c                              ~ mainbus.c

  > Change the way we include mpbios code to be similar to what we do on i386.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC.MP                            ~ files.amd64

  > Change the way we include mpbios code to be similar to what we do on i386.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Proper cpu_unidle() function for MP kernels. ok art@ long ago (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > Proper cpu_unidle() function for MP kernels. ok art@ long ago (miod@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > just attach cpu0, not cpu*, ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ pyro.c

  > Make the "machine xir" ddb command work on machines with pyro(4).
  > tested by deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > add option COMPAT_35, needed by COMPAT_VAX1K (miod@)

arch/vax/vsa

  ~ gpx.c                                 ~ lcg.c
  ~ lcspx.c                               ~ smg.c

  > During early device probes, make sure to iounaccess() address ranges when
  > they are no longer necessary. No good reason to do so but correctness, and
  > then leaving correct mappings after probe might hide bugs. (miod@)

conf

  ~ files

  > vfs_syscalls_35 is required if option COMPAT_35 (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ rt2560.c                              ~ rt2661.c
  ~ rt2860.c

  > Undo m_defrag().
  > m_defrag() does not work.  It seems to assume that if the length of
  > the mbuf passed as parameter is less than MHLEN, then it is an mbuf
  > header and not a cluster (or something like that.)
  > It thus fails miserably in the bcopy path.
  > I don't have the time to investigate further into this.
  > Thanks to Okan Demirmen for reporting the issue on a ral(4) RT2560.
  > The RT2560 chipset does not support TX scatter and thus m_defrag()
  > was called much more often than in other drivers using m_defrag()
  > where it was less noticeable. (damien@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_iwi.c
  ~ if_wpi.c                              ~ if_iwn.c

  > Undo m_defrag().
  > m_defrag() does not work.  It seems to assume that if the length of
  > the mbuf passed as parameter is less than MHLEN, then it is an mbuf
  > header and not a cluster (or something like that.)
  > It thus fails miserably in the bcopy path.
  > I don't have the time to investigate further into this.
  > Thanks to Okan Demirmen for reporting the issue on a ral(4) RT2560.
  > The RT2560 chipset does not support TX scatter and thus m_defrag()
  > was called much more often than in other drivers using m_defrag()
  > where it was less noticeable. (damien@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > add function azalia_widget_sole_conn, which determines if the
  > given widget is the sole connection to an ADC, DAC or pin complex.
  > not used just yet. (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.h                              ~ azalia_codec.c

  > add mixer_class member to struct widget_t, and define the mixer
  > classes in azalia.h instead of azalia_codec.c.  this will allow
  > the mixer class to be determined outside of azalia_generic_mixer_init.
  > (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > a little rearranging:
  > - move the azalia_widget_init_connection call from
  > azalia_widget_label_widgets to just after azalia_widget_init
  > - move azalia_widget_label_widgets to after dacgroup initialization
  > - move the widget info printing from azalia_widget_init_connection
  > and azalia_widget_init to new function azalia_widget_dump_info
  > - call azalia_widget_dump_info right after azalia_widget_init_connection
  > - in functions that are ony used if AZALIA_DEBUG is defined, use printf
  > instead of DPRINTF() (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c                              ~ azalia_codec.c

  > label converter widgets for their place in the converter group.
  > e.g. the first DAC in the converter group is now dac, the second
  > is dac2, etc.
  > unused converters (not in a converter group) will have a "u-" prefix.
  > these will disappear completely in the near future, as they are useless.
  > if there is more than one converter group, converters in the second
  > group will have a "dig-" prefix, since they are digital converters.
  > (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > if a widget is the sole connection to another widget, name the
  > widget for the widget it's connected to.  but be a bit careful
  > to not end up with duplicate mixer item names. (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia.c

  > move the codec specific widget initialization out of
  > azalia_widget_label_widgets to right after the generic widget
  > initialization.  nothing uses this yet. (jakemsr@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > use the RXO (rx overflow) interrupt to try to refill the rx ring. this lets
  > us cope if the rx ring empties completely and the hardware tells us we're
  > still getting packets. (dlg@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > rework the programming of the multicast addresses onto the chip to use the
  > "new" multicast address and address range counters in the ifp. shrinks
  > and simplifies that code a lot.
  > ive had this diff since may 2007. (dlg@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wskbd.c

  > on i386 and amd64, let ctrl-alt-delete let you enter ddb if ddb.console=1
  > and machdep.kbdreset=2.
  > "i like it" deraadt@ (dlg@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > split the pfsync input routine up so that each action has its own function
  > to handle it. this is to modularise it in preparation for further changes.
  > in my opinion it also makes the code a lot easier to read and to maintain.
  > tested by sthen@ johan@ (dlg@)

sys

  ~ stdarg.h                              ~ cdefs.h

  > Teach the header files not to bail out if pcc is used instead of gcc.
  > Ok deraadt at . (ragge@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

smtpd

  ~ smtp.c                                ~ smtp_session.c
  ~ smtpd.c                               ~ smtpd.h
  ~ smtpd/Makefile

  > - AUTH PLAIN may receive credentials as a parameter to AUTH or on a
  > following line, this commit brings support for the latter which was
  > not supported yet.
  > - AUTH LOGIN is now supported, allowing smtp auth support on clients that
  > do not support AUTH PLAIN (ie: my mobile phone for instance ;) (gilles@)

  ~ makemap.c                             ~ makemap/Makefile

  > Add more compile time checking; fix one warning reported by gcc.
  > From: Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marriott at gmail.com> (jacekm@)

  ~ showqueue.c                           ~ smtpctl/Makefile

  > Add more compile time checking; fix warnings reported by gcc.
  > From: Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marriott at gmail.com> (jacekm@)

  ~ smtp.c                                ~ smtp_session.c

  > - missing prototype + smtp.c was misusing session_auth_pickup()
  > - unlike starttls, ssmtp sets the F_SECURE flag on session before helo/ehlo
  > handlers are called. this means that if we clear all flags in helo/
  > helo handlers, we prevent smtpd from advertising AUTH as it will do
  > so only for F_SECURE sessions. This commits unbreaks SMTP AUTH with
  > smtp sessions. Problem spotted by James Turner <james at bsdgroup.org>
  > (gilles@)

  ~ smtp_session.c