[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-01

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jan 2 07:00:01 GMT 2008

bin/pax                                 bin/rcp
distrib/sets                            etc/moduli
gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         lib/libc
lib/libpthread                          lib/librthread
sbin/disklabel                          share/man
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                usr.bin/ssh

== bin =============================================================== 01/09 ==

pax

  ~ cpio.c

  > Typo in comment about cpio_endwr() fixed.
  > OK otto@ (tobias@)

rcp

  ~ rcp.c

  > If rcp -p encounters a pre-epoch timestamp, use the epoch which is
  > as close as we can get given that it's used unsigned.  Matches
  > recent change to scp.c, prompted by djm@ (dtucker@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/09 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/09 ==

moduli

  ~ moduli

  > Updated moduli file; ok djm@ (dtucker@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/config/alpha/alpha.md

  > In the alpha allocate_stack builtin, only trigger stack probes if not
  > running
  > OpenBSD or VMS, or -fstack-check; this was missed when disabling stack
  > checks
  > a few months ago.
  > ok kettenis@ (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/09 ==

  ~ shlib_version                         ~ crypt/arc4random.c
  ~ include/thread_private.h              ~ thread/unithread_malloc_lock.c

  > - make arc4random*() functions thread safe. Use a custom spinlock function
  > instead of the generic pthread macros since free(3) uses __arc4_getbyte()
  > when freeing small sized allocations and the generic pthread macros call
  > malloc(3).
  > - eliminate passing pointers to a static variable with global scope (rs)
  > for additional code clarity and reduction.
  > - shlib minor bumps for libc and libpthread due to new functions.
  > From andreas@ with some bits from me. okay tedu@ marc@ w/some spot
  > checking from millert@ (kurt@)

libpthread

  ~ shlib_version                         ~ thread/thread_malloc_lock.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_init.c

  > - make arc4random*() functions thread safe. Use a custom spinlock function
  > instead of the generic pthread macros since free(3) uses __arc4_getbyte()
  > when freeing small sized allocations and the generic pthread macros call
  > malloc(3).
  > - eliminate passing pointers to a static variable with global scope (rs)
  > for additional code clarity and reduction.
  > - shlib minor bumps for libc and libpthread due to new functions.
  > From andreas@ with some bits from me. okay tedu@ marc@ w/some spot
  > checking from millert@ (kurt@)

librthread

  ~ rthread_libc.c

  > - make arc4random*() functions thread safe. Use a custom spinlock function
  > instead of the generic pthread macros since free(3) uses __arc4_getbyte()
  > when freeing small sized allocations and the generic pthread macros call
  > malloc(3).
  > - eliminate passing pointers to a static variable with global scope (rs)
  > for additional code clarity and reduction.
  > - shlib minor bumps for libc and libpthread due to new functions.
  > From andreas@ with some bits from me. okay tedu@ marc@ w/some spot
  > checking from millert@ (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/09 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Shorten and simplify code, eliminate ability to assign arbitrary sizes
  > to existing FS_BOOT and FS_UNUSED partitions via -E, tighten up error
  > verbiage.
  > Feedback from jsing at .
  > ok millert at . (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > get_size() no longer allows DL_GETPSIZE()+DL_GETPOFFSET >
  > ending_sector, so no need to check for this condition after calling
  > get_size(). (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Fix display of overlapping partitions to account for larger size and offset
  > fields. (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Oops. Missed a couple of unnecessary 'DL_GETPOFFSET()+DL_GETPSIZE() >
  > ending_sector' tests and one superfluous editor_countfree(). Rectify a
  > few comments. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 07/09 ==

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > put lii(4) in the right place; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.mvme88k/vs.4

  > Update the notice about the daughterboard, and also mention the driver
  > doesn't attach to the MVME328XT (i.e. rebadged 4220, while MVME328S is
  > a rebadged 4210). (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.mvme88k/vs.4

  > simplify BUGS; ok miod (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/09 ==

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ vs.c

  > A potpourri of bugfixes:
  > - switch back to a fixed queue number allocation, but keep the rotating
  > command queue entries. Force openings to 1 because of this.
  > - make sure to mark the queue as ready before invoking scsi_done(), which
  > could trigger a request for the same target.
  > - allocate a command queue and an IOPB at the same time, instead of using
  > two
  > routines and ugly queue pointer arithmetic.
  > This makes the daughterboard work, as long as the first scsi chain is not
  > empty. (miod@)

  ~ vs.c                                  ~ vsreg.h
  ~ vsvar.h

  > Match on Cougar boards, and try to drive them like Jaguars on steroids. On
  > wide Cougars, use one command queue per target and disable lun support, so
  > that we do not overflow the board's memory; and since we are behaving as
  > a Jaguar, do not do tagged queuing or synchronous transfer negotiation.
  > Tested on two MVME328XT-2 (4220 and second revision artwork 4220) narrow
  > Cougar-I (but wide external connectors), but probes fail with select
  > timeout
  > so far; I could not get various Motorola BUG to probe devices on these
  > boards
  > either, so we're even (and maybe both my boards are toast, but I won't bet
  > money on this). (miod@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ lock.h

  > Implement an MP-safe rw_cas() based upon the casx instruction; ok kettenis@
  > (miod@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.h

  > provide a thing for use with %b to show which xa flags are set. (dlg@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_upgt.c                             ~ if_upgtvar.h

  > Tune TX descriptor so we can successfully set some TX rates.  Could
  > do transfers between 1.3MB/s - 2MB/s.  Though still unreliable because
  > we have random TX watchdog timeouts. (mglocker@)

  ~ if_upgt.c                             ~ if_upgtvar.h

  > More constant naming for some defines. (mglocker@)

  ~ if_upgt.c

  > No watchdog operations if device is not running. (mglocker@)

  ~ if_upgt.c                             ~ if_upgtvar.h

  > Add devices 11b rateset.  Add/Adjust comments. (mglocker@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c

  > Welcome to the jungle of 2008. (miod@)

  ~ misc.c

  > spaces -> tabs from my previous commit (dtucker@)

  ~ scp.c

  > If scp -p encounters a pre-epoch timestamp, use the epoch which is
  > as close as we can get given that it's used unsigned.  Add a little
  > debugging while there.  bz #828, ok djm@ (dtucker@)

  ~ servconf.c                            ~ sshd_config.5