[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jan 11 07:00:01 GMT 2008

distrib/hp300                           distrib/landisk
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/disklabel
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/pci                             sys/net
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/make
usr.bin/mg

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

hp300

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > No need to disklabel -W before disklabel -B, -W will do it for us. (miod@)

landisk

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > No need to disklabel -W before disklabel -B, -W will do it for us. (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/06 ==

usr.bin

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > Slap in -b support for tag command.  It was missing for a full regress test
  > as of now. (tobias@)

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > Adjust value to proper GNU cvs output (and OpenCVS now, too) (tobias@)

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > extend already available regress tests (tobias@)

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > Make it easier to test local and remote setups by adding a Makefile var
  > called MYCVSROOT (just to make sure noone thinks it is 'CVSROOT', -d is
  > still needed). (tobias@)

  ~ cvs/Makefile

  > more tests (tobias@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Minor aligning of code and comments between editor_add() and
  > editor_modify(). No functional change. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/bnx.4                            ~ man4/brgphy.4
  ~ man4/re.4                             ~ man4/vge.4

  > 1000baseTX -> 1000baseT
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ man4/re.4

  > gigE -> GigE
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ man4/pciide.4

  > mention the ATI SB700 chipset.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ man4/azalia.4                         ~ man4/nfe.4

  > mention the NVIDIA MCP77/79 chipsets.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ man4/tty.4

  > List the MSTSDISC line discipline. (mbalmer@)

  ~ man4/tty.4

  > punctuation fix; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ pmap.c

  > Fix spello
  > ok kettenis (marco@)

  ~ ofw_machdep.c

  > Fix {}
  > ok kettenis (marco@)

  ~ ofw_machdep.c

  > instead of showing { love }, fix the macro do use the do { ... } while (0)
  > construct; ok kettenis marco (deraadt@)

  > regen (thib@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add some more Intel 10G PCIe entries.
  > From Intel's ixgbe driver.
  > ok dlg@ (thib@)

net

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > return with ENOTTY instead of EINVAL for unknown ioctl requests to trunk
  > ports.
  > ok reyk@ dlg@ (brad@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/06 ==

  ~ rcs.c

  > Added support for keyword $Log$.  In order to support $Log$, new lines have
  > to be added which mustn't be expanded again (this log message for example
  > would loop forever due to $Log$ keywords in it). (tobias@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ client.c

  > Properly handle "cvs add" on a client/server setup with GNU cvs as a
  > client. (tobias@)

  ~ add.c

  > Handle the addition of directories right, especially in remote setups with
  > GNU cvs as a server. (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > An empty -k option is invalid (tobias@)

  ~ client.c

  > Properly free entry
  > > Patch from Igor Zinovik (tobias@)

  ~ client.c

  > Ignore CVS directories during import in remote setups. assert()ed GNU
  > cvs server and was unwanted behaviour anyway. (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.h                                 ~ rcsnum.c
  ~ tag.c

  > Slap in -b support for tag command.  It was missing for a full regress test
  > as of now. (tobias@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ commit.c
  ~ file.c                                ~ import.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ status.c

  > RCS files without head keyword mustn't segfault our implementation.  Only
  > command that supports such files is "cvs status", therefore properly handle
  > them in all other commands, too. (tobias@)

  ~ server.c

  > Got cvs_server_rlog back into shape. (tobias@)

  ~ repository.c

  > Don't ignore files and directories due to patterns on repository-side,
  > these patterns should only be applied on working directories.
  > This finally enables a fully working "cvs checkout src" (but don't expect
  > all checkout options to work, too). (tobias@)

  ~ checkout.c                            ~ commit.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ rcs.h

  > Our keyword expansion had a big flaw, due to this construction:
  > if (!(mode & RCS_KWEXP_NONE))
  > RCS_KWEXP_NONE is defined to 0, so expansion happened always.
  > Left shifted all RCS_KWEXP defines and looked carefully at hard-coded
  > values
  > throughout the code. (tobias@)

  ~ util.c

  > cvs_mkpath missed to add all "yet to be added" directories into
  > CVS/Entries,
  > thus making further access to these subdirectories rather difficult.
  > (tobias@)

  ~ file.c

  > Make cvs_file_classify more readable.
  > "Be especially careful with this one" joris@ (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > Damnit, I should avoid this nasty Log word in a comment ... (tobias@)

  ~ entries.c                             ~ file.c
  ~ util.c

  > xmalloc + memset -> xcalloc (tobias@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ checkout.c
  ~ client.c                              ~ edit.c
  ~ remove.c                              ~ update.c
  ~ util.c

  > another strcspn() round (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.h

  > rcs_getrev is gone: zap prototype, too. (tobias@)

  ~ client.c                              ~ cmd.c
  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ cvs.h
  ~ log.c                                 ~ release.c

  > Simply the use of cmdp and cvs_command by zapping cvs_command and working
  > solely with cmdp.  This remedies some reliability issues with invalid
  > commands supplied and also fixes a GNU cvs style incompatibility with
  > release command.
  > > Based on patch from Igor Zinovik (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > just for the record: I HATE Log (tobias@)

  ~ client.c                              ~ cmd.c
  ~ remote.h                              ~ server.c
  ~ tag.c

  > Added support for rtag in local and remote setups (with interoperability
  > with GNU cvs).  Basically we already had rtag in place as tag is supposed
  > to work with revisions in working directory, but our implementation was
  > wrong.  Fixed that on the fly as well. (tobias@)

  ~ file.c

  > various fixes for remote commands (right now we support rlog and rtag)
  > (tobias@)

  ~ getlog.c                              ~ tag.c

  > Synced rlog's usage checks and with rtag. Also unbreaks rtag and rlog with
  > GNU cvs on server-side. (tobias@)

make

  ~ main.c

  > fix stupid typo in grouping, make PWD work correctly again.
  > Found out by Christian Ehrhardt. (espie@)

mg

  ~ mg.1

  > Greatly improve this man page. ok jmc@ (kjell@)