[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Jan 12 07:00:01 GMT 2008

bin/csh                                 bin/pwd
distrib                                 distrib/alpha
distrib/amd64                           distrib/hp300
distrib/hppa                            distrib/i386
distrib/luna88k                         distrib/mac68k
distrib/macppc                          distrib/miniroot
distrib/mvme68k                         distrib/mvme88k
distrib/mvmeppc                         distrib/ramdisk
distrib/sgi                             distrib/sparc64
distrib/vax                             sbin/disklabel
sbin/dump                               share/man
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 usr.bin/lndir
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/patch
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/snmpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/07 ==

csh

  ~ Makefile

  > providing MLINKS for shell builtins makes little sense: what we had was out
  > of date for ever (no ksh builtins), and since we have two shells, pointing
  > to one page or the other is never going to work; so remove MLINKS for
  > csh(1); the cd(1) and wait(1) pages (also builtins); and update any
  > trailing
  > Xr's;
  > please, there are tools like whence, man, and locate for finding this
  > stuff;
  > ok deraadt miod (jmc@)

pwd

  ~ pwd.1

  > providing MLINKS for shell builtins makes little sense: what we had was out
  > of date for ever (no ksh builtins), and since we have two shells, pointing
  > to one page or the other is never going to work; so remove MLINKS for
  > csh(1); the cd(1) and wait(1) pages (also builtins); and update any
  > trailing
  > Xr's;
  > please, there are tools like whence, man, and locate for finding this
  > stuff;
  > ok deraadt miod (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/07 ==

distrib

  ~ Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

alpha

  ~ bsd.rd/Makefile                       ~ common/Makefile.inc
  ~ inst-common/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

amd64

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

hp300

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdisk/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

hppa

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

i386

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

luna88k

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdisk/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

mac68k

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdisk/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

macppc

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

miniroot

  ~ Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

mvme68k

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdisk/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

mvme88k

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdisk/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

mvmeppc

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

ramdisk

  ~ Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

sgi

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

sparc64

  ~ bsd.rd/Makefile                       ~ common/Makefile.inc
  ~ ramdisk/Makefile                      ~ ramdiskB/Makefile

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

vax

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup: make -> ${MAKE} consistenly.
  > zap extra subshells.
  > okay miod@ (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Don't allow (a)dd or (m)odify to create 0 length partitions. Don't
  > allow editing the fsize/bsize FFS values for FS_UNUSED partitions.
  > ok (for at least the first bit) miod@ weingart@ beck@ (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Remove one level of epicycles by not looping in get_size() or
  > get_offset() when the user enters an invalid value. Just abort the
  > partition operation and return to the main prompt. Prevents users
  > getting trapped because they don't know about ^D. Requested by
  > deraadt at .
  > Tweak an error message to remove ambiguity about what 'between x and
  > y' means. (krw@)

dump

  ~ tape.c

  > compute transfer rate using 64-bit arithmetic, ok sthen@ millert@ (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  - man1/cd.1                             - man1/wait.1
  ~ man1/Makefile

  > providing MLINKS for shell builtins makes little sense: what we had was out
  > of date for ever (no ksh builtins), and since we have two shells, pointing
  > to one page or the other is never going to work; so remove MLINKS for
  > csh(1); the cd(1) and wait(1) pages (also builtins); and update any
  > trailing
  > Xr's;
  > please, there are tools like whence, man, and locate for finding this
  > stuff;
  > ok deraadt miod (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ gem.c

  > Fall back on using SERDES if MDI0/MDI1 bits aren't set too.  Fix PCS
  > handling.
  > Makes the onboard fiber gem(4) in the Sun Fire V880 work.
  > tested by many; ok dlg@ (kettenis@)

  > Add the Broadcom 10Gb controller PCI id, BCM57710.
  > From the Linux -mm kernel tree.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Some additional Intel devices from submitted dmesgs. (jsg@)

  ~ pcidevs                               ~ pciide.c

  > Turns out the id I thought was both CX700/VX700 IDE was only for VX700,
  > so rename it and add a CX700 id.
  > Tweaked version of a diff from dtrombley at dslindiana.com who tested
  > with a board with the new id. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

net

  ~ if.c                                  ~ route.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_2
  > MFC, initial fix by Chris Cappucino, more complete fix by me:
  > make sure users of rtlabel_id2name() can deal with no label present,
  > by not calling it when the label id is 0 (initial fix) and also checking
  > for rtlabel_id2name() returning NULL (complete fix). original rtlabel code
  > had that all right, the newer rtlabel bound to an interface code not.
  > impact: local users can cause a kernel panic by using the SIOCGIFRTLABEL
  > ioctl on interfaces with no route label assigned. (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

lndir

  ~ lndir.1

  > providing MLINKS for shell builtins makes little sense: what we had was out
  > of date for ever (no ksh builtins), and since we have two shells, pointing
  > to one page or the other is never going to work; so remove MLINKS for
  > csh(1); the cd(1) and wait(1) pages (also builtins); and update any
  > trailing
  > Xr's;
  > please, there are tools like whence, man, and locate for finding this
  > stuff;
  > ok deraadt miod (jmc@)

man

  ~ help.1

  > add a note about shell built-ins; (jmc@)

patch

  ~ patch.1

  > providing MLINKS for shell builtins makes little sense: what we had was out
  > of date for ever (no ksh builtins), and since we have two shells, pointing
  > to one page or the other is never going to work; so remove MLINKS for
  > csh(1); the cd(1) and wait(1) pages (also builtins); and update any
  > trailing
  > Xr's;
  > please, there are tools like whence, man, and locate for finding this
  > stuff;
  > ok deraadt miod (jmc@)

ssh

  ~ sftp-client.c                         ~ sftp-client.h

  > disable unused functions
  > initially from tobias@, but disabled them by placing them in "#ifdef
  > notyet" which was asked by djm@
  > ok djm@ tobias@ (chl@)

snmpd

  ~ snmp.h                                ~ snmpe.c