[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-12

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jan 13 07:00:01 GMT 2008

bin/ksh                                 distrib/sets
sbin/disklabel                          sbin/newfs
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/ic                              sys/net
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/make
usr.bin/pcc                             usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/snmpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/07 ==

ksh

  ~ Makefile

  > Remove ulimit MLINK, it is a shell built-in. (miod@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > Sync (miod@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Introduce the function max_partition_size() to calculate the max size
  > a partition can be without causing overlap. Use it to eliminate the
  > need to check overlap in get_size() and to make the (c)hange command
  > message more meaningful, i.e. mention max size allowed not the amount
  > of total free space. (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Parameter 'new' to get_size() no longer used. (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Change editor_countfree() to return the count rather than recording it
  > in a semi-global. Call it whenever the count is needed rather than
  > trying to make sure it is called anytime the value might change.
  > Eliminates a bunch of now unnecessary *freep parameters and calls to
  > editor_countfree(). (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Tweak get_offset() so it does it's own free chunks to check the
  > new offset being in a free area. (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > has_overlap() now always tries to resolve overlaps because it is only
  > called during -E initialization.  Thus it no longer needs the
  > 'resolve' parameter. (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Check for expert mode/FFS inside get_fsize() and get_bsize() and
  > reduce meat of editor_add() && editor_modify() to single if statements
  > checking for != 0 from all get_* functions. No functional change. (krw@)

newfs

  ~ newfs.8

  > document the max size of FFS and FFS2 file systems plus some rewording;
  > with and ok jmc@ (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man7/ports.7

  > document manual locking: how it works, why it's there. (espie@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > finish documenting ALL_REGRESS_FLAGS
  > Document lock/unlock (espie@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ locore.s

  > Don't steal a register window in ipi_save_fpstate; it could have bad
  > consequences if it forces a register window to be spilled into the pcb.
  > (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ com.c

  > Make comconsrate initialized to TTYDEF_SPEED at compile-time, for ports
  > which need to setup the chip before comcnattach() is invoked. (miod@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > Kill all timeouts and undo carp demotion on pfsync_clone_destroy.
  > Panic reported by deraadt.
  > OK henning@ (mpf@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ getlog.c                              ~ watch.c

  > Added missing break statements.
  > OK xsa@
  > > Diff from Igor Zinovik <zinovik at cs dot karelia dot ru> (tobias@)

make

  ~ error.c                               ~ job.c
  ~ job.h                                 ~ lst.h
  ~ make.c

  > better error reporting/job handling error:
  > - systematically reorder jobs based on who did output last, so that the
  > last job to output is *first* to output again.
  > - better reaction to errors: any job that outputs is checked for
  > termination
  > directly, and the Error message is printed right afterwards.
  > - better error messages, giving more useful information in -j mode.
  > (espie@)

  ~ Makefile                              + lst.lib/lstRequeue.c

  > new function: lstRequeue, to be used by the job handler (espie@)

pcc

  ~ mip/manifest.h                        ~ mip/match.c
  ~ mip/mkext.c                           ~ mip/optim2.c
  ~ mip/protos.h                          ~ mip/reader.c
  ~ mip/regs.c

  > Update from master repo:
  > > Convert TEMPs to use rval for numbers. (ragge@)

  ~ vax/code.c                            ~ vax/local.c

  > Updates from master repo. (ragge@)

  ~ i386/code.c                           ~ i386/local.c
  ~ i386/local2.c

  > Updates from master repo:
  > > Change to new initializer handling.
  > > Make prtdcon() target dependent to allow for float constants in code.
  > (ragge@)

  ~ ccom/cgram.y                          ~ ccom/gcc_compat.c
  ~ ccom/init.c                           ~ ccom/inline.c
  ~ ccom/pass1.h                          ~ ccom/pftn.c
  ~ ccom/scan.l                           ~ ccom/stabs.c
  ~ ccom/trees.c

  > Large update from master repo:
  > > Pragma not position dependent
  > > Accept declarations anywhere in the C code.
  > > Just typing "a;" is not allowed anymore when declaring variables.
  > > Change to new initializer handling.
  > > Use symtab entry, not name to identify inline functions.
  > > Remove "suse" symtab element and replace it with output name.
  > > Print out strings directly, do not store them until end.
  > > Make prtdcon() target dependent to allow for float constants in code.
  > (ragge@)

  ~ cpp/cpp.1                             ~ cpp/cpp.c
  ~ cpp/scanner.l

  > Updates from master repo:
  > > Fix whitespace bug.
  > > Define __STDC_VERSION__ to 199901L. (ragge@)

httpd

  ~ src/modules/standard/mod_imap.c       ~ src/modules/standard/mod_status.c

  > Fix mod_status XSS CVE-2007-6388:
  > A flaw was found in the mod_status module. On sites where mod_status
  > is enabled and the status pages were publicly accessible, a cross-site
  > scripting attack is possible. Note that the server-status page is
  > not enabled by default and it is best practice to not make this
  > publicly available.
  > Fix mod_imap XSS CVE-2007-5000:
  > A flaw was found in the mod_imap module. On sites where mod_imap
  > is enabled and an imagemap file is publicly available, a cross-site
  > scripting attack is possible.
  > ok miod@ (martynas@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/PackageInfo.pm

  > better ui for locking messages.
  > Instead of just saying we await the release, we say when it's done.
  > (practically, a lot of package operation take `some time', it's good
  > for the user to know whether the command is still waiting for an held lock,
  > or actually doing some work) (espie@)

snmpd

  ~ snmpe.c