[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-15

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jan 16 07:00:01 GMT 2008

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
sbin/newfs                              share/man
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci

== distrib =========================================================== 01/04 ==

  ~ sgi/hardware                          ~ sgi/prep

  > - update the hardware list with reality
  > - tweak a sentence in prep now that we have decent console support
  > ok miod@ (jasper@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/md.i386

  > sync (pvalchev@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/04 ==

newfs

  ~ newfs.c

  > s/fragements/fragments/ in usage().
  > 'please fix' jmc (sthen@)

== share ============================================================= 03/04 ==

  ~ man4/mpi.4

  > Dell SAS 6/iR is an LSI SAS1068E which has been verified to use
  > the generic LSI PCI ids so it should work fine.
  > ok dlg@ (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/04 ==

arch/amd64/include

  ~ mpbiosreg.h                           ~ mpconfig.h

  > Move some definitions from mpconfig.h to mpbiosreg.h (where they are on
  > i396).
  > ok marco@, miod@ (kettenis@)

  > Work around an intel BIOS bug where it locates the ACPI tables in
  > a region of memory marked free for use by the OS.
  > Ok beck@, kettenis@, and --ok && ++!!ok tedu at . (weingart@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ pmap.c

  > Revert r1.15 and flush pages (if cached) in pmap_remove_pv on every
  > invocation,
  > instead of when removing the last page. It looked correct, but is defeated
  > by ``index'' cache invalidates. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Enable umbg(4).
  > ok claudio (mbalmer@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ sab.c

  > Make sabtty(4) adopt the speed configured in OpenFirmware when it is the
  > console.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ ac97.c                                ~ ac97.h

  > bring in lots of ac97(4) and auvia(4) updates from NetBSD
  > user visible changes:
  > - when setting up ac97(4) mixer items, for some features like surround
  > sound, check if the feature if supported by the codec and only add
  > items for that feature if it is
  > - auvia(4) now supports multichannel playback with at least some
  > multichannel ac97(4) codecs
  > fixes problems for me and ajacoutot with different auvia(4)
  > devices/codecs.  no regressions reported by testers.
  > if you have an ac97(4) audio device and are using mixerctl.conf(5),
  > you may want/need to update it.
  > ok ratchov (jakemsr@)

dev/pci

  ~ auich.c                               ~ auixp.c
  ~ auvia.c                               ~ auviavar.h