[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-01-17

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jan 18 07:00:01 GMT 2008

etc/netstart                            lib/libc
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 sys/ufs/ufs
usr.sbin/snmpd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== etc =============================================================== 01/05 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > Execute rtsol after turning up trunk(4) and vlan(4) interfaces so they're
  > taken into consideration for rtsol.
  > ok reyk@ dlg@ (brad@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/05 ==

  ~ gen/readpassphrase.c

  > Use TCSAFLUSH instead of TCSANOW when turning echo back on so that
  > there is no chance of output that was written but still pending to
  > be displayed.  This is what the original getpass(3) did. (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/upgt.4

  > Replace firmware version 2.5.8.0 with 2.13.1.0.  Firmware API slightly
  > changes.
  > You need to update the firmware package to upgt-firmware-1.1.tgz.
  > (mglocker@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ sbus.c                                ~ central.c
  ~ fhc.c                                 ~ upa.c

  > Print names we get from the prom within double quotes.
  > ok marco@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_sk.c

  > Add splnet around mii_tick() in sk_yukon_tick().
  > ok kettenis@ dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_myxreg.h

  > casts so this compiles on i386.
  > ok reyk (thib@)

  ~ if_tht.c

  > Set if_baudrate with IF_Gbps(10);
  > ok dlg@ (thib@)

  ~ if_cas.c

  > Remove some #if;ed out code. (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_upgt.c                             ~ if_upgtvar.h

  > Replace firmware version 2.5.8.0 with 2.13.1.0.  Firmware API slightly
  > changes.
  > You need to update the firmware package to upgt-firmware-1.1.tgz.
  > (mglocker@)

  ~ if_upgt.c                             ~ if_upgtvar.h

  > Fix RX queue stalling by regulary reading the device statistics (with a
  > firmware command).	Doh!  We can now reliable communicate in 11g.
  > Took me about 3 weeks to find out (just had to say that). (mglocker@)

net

  ~ if_ethersubr.c

  > In ether_input() scheduling the soft interrupt and queueing the
  > packet have to be protected by the same splnet.  Otherwise on
  > architectures where soft interrupts are executed immediately, the
  > interrupt is processed before the packet is in the queue.
  > On real hardware interfaces this was not a problem as ether_input()
  > is called at splnet anyway.  But when sending to a tun interface
  > the packet got delayed.
  > ok beck@ miod@ henning@ mpf@ markus@ (bluhm@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_vnops.c

  > Notify us of NOTE_LINK on mkdir(2) as well.
  > ok thib and miod. (fgsch@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

snmpd

  ~ parse.y                               ~ snmpd.conf.5
  ~ snmpd.h                               ~ trap.c

  > allow to configure optional per trap receiver communities and to
  > restrict the receivers to a specified mib. (reyk@)

  ~ trap.c

  > the optional trap varbind elements may be null (reyk@)

  ~ trap.c

  > swap arguments (reyk@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-snmp.c                          ~ mib.h