[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-06-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jun 4 07:00:01 BST 2008

lib/libpthread                          sbin/atactl
sbin/raidctl                            share/man
sys/dev/pci                             sys/sys
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.bin/shar

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

libpthread

  ~ uthread/uthread_getpeername.c         ~ uthread/uthread_getsockname.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_getsockopt.c          ~ uthread/uthread_setsockopt.c

  > Don't grab the fd read lock for getsockopt(2), setsockopt(2),
  > getpeername(2) or getsockname(2). Its not needed and causes
  > threads to block when another thread is blocked and holding the
  > read lock. Instead just protect against fd state transitions.
  > Blocking problem reported by David S H Rosenthal from lockss.org
  > okay beck@ "looks sane" deraadt@ (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/05 ==

atactl

  ~ atactl.8

  > fix some spacing issues; (jmc@)

raidctl

  ~ raidctl.8

  > fix some spacing issues; (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/pfsync.4                         ~ man4/man4.socppc/tsec.4

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > - shorten the Emulex Light Pulse entries to use the names as mentioned
  > on their web site/marketing material. We don't need to have the full
  > name Light Pulse for each entry.
  > ok deraadt@
  > - remove the duplicate Intel Turbo Memory entry. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add the PCI ids for the JMicron JMC250 and JMC260 Ethernet controllers.
  > (brad@)

  ~ aac_pci.c

  > deal with a 64-bit BAR such as with PCIe chipsets.
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ixgb.c

  > put code to print periodic debug statistics in #ifdef IXGB_DEBUG, shrinks
  > the driver for about 990 bytes on i386.
  > ok brad@ (reyk@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > put code to print periodic debug statistics in #ifdef EM_DEBUG, shrinks
  > the driver for about 292 bytes on i386.
  > ok reyk@ (brad@)

  ~ vga_pci.c

  > Simplify the use of pci_mapreg_map().
  > ok oga@ (brad@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_bufs.c
  ~ drm/drm_drv.c                         ~ drm/drm_fops.c
  ~ drm/drm_vm.c

  > Make *drm(4) use D_CLONE so that the per-open data actually works. Since
  > i'm modifying this code anyway, prepare for privsep by making it so that
  > "master" openers must be root, and remove some spurious suser() checks.
  > For example, every DRM_ROOT_ONLY ioctl is also DRM_MASTER. Without this
  > change, privsep wouldn't work since the fd is no longer root owned.
  > With this, X privsep should work as soon as the userland bits are done
  > (currently unwritten).
  > Looked over by kettenis@, ok thib at . (oga@)

sys

  ~ conf.h

  > Make *drm(4) use D_CLONE so that the per-open data actually works. Since
  > i'm modifying this code anyway, prepare for privsep by making it so that
  > "master" openers must be root, and remove some spurious suser() checks.
  > For example, every DRM_ROOT_ONLY ioctl is also DRM_MASTER. Without this
  > change, privsep wouldn't work since the fd is no longer root owned.
  > With this, X privsep should work as soon as the userland bits are done
  > (currently unwritten).
  > Looked over by kettenis@, ok thib at . (oga@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

aucat

  ~ dev_sun.c

  > Allow aucat to play/record from input-only or output-only devices.
  > ok jakemsr, ratchov (drahn@)

  ~ aucat.1

  > group the descriptions for -CcHhEeRr in such a way as to avoid
  > unneccessarily duplicating text;
  > ok ratchov jakemsr (jmc@)

shar

  ~ shar.1