[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-06-12

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jun 13 07:00:02 BST 2008

distrib/sets                            etc/MAKEDEV.common
etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.armish/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.hp300/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.hp300/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md
gnu/egcs                                lib/libexpat
lib/libm                                libexec/ld.so
regress/sys                             sbin/bioctl
sbin/ldattach                           share/man
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/aviion/aviion                  sys/arch/hp300/dev
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64                  sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/landisk/landisk
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/socppc/socppc
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/uba
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/compat/freebsd
sys/compat/linux                        sys/compat/svr4
sys/conf                                sys/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/isofs/udf                           sys/kern
sys/miscfs/specfs                       sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/nfs
sys/sys                                 sys/ufs/ext2fs
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/ufs/ufs
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/mg                              usr.bin/nfsstat
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/systat
usr.bin/tcpbench                        usr.bin/vi
usr.bin/ypmatch                         usr.sbin/rtsold

== distrib =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > make /dev/drm0 to go with oga@'s libdrm commit moments ago
  > ok oga@ (todd@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > make /dev/drm0 to go with oga@'s libdrm commit moments ago
  > ok oga@ (todd@)

etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.armish/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.hp300/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.hp300/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > make /dev/drm0 to go with oga@'s libdrm commit moments ago
  > ok oga@ (todd@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  > no /dev/*random on ramdisks, libc uses the sysctl
  > please commit from deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV.md

  > video on all usb archs, ok mglocker@ (todd@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/c-lex.c                           ~ gcc/cp/lex.c

  > accept f in mantissa of hex float constant.  from gcc svn
  > unbreaks libm on gcc2
  > ok miod@ (who created almost the same diff) (martynas@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/11 ==

libexpat

  ~ lib/xmltok_impl.c

  > fix parser crash w/ invalid UTF-8 char sequences (all apps that use expat
  > for XML parsing are affected)
  > reported & fixed in upstream cvs (pvalchev@)

libm

  ~ Makefile                              ~ man/lgamma.3

  > Makefile: fix MLINKS
  > lgamma.3: fix STANDARDS and HISTORY (jmc@)

  ~ noieee_src/n_acosh.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_asincos.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_asinh.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_atan2.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_cabs.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_cosh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_exp.c                    ~ noieee_src/n_expm1.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_floor.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_fmod.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_log1p.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_pow.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_sinh.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_tanh.c

  > - no need for ifdef dance (21), we have isnan, finite for vax
  > - TEST_FMOD doesn't belong here, remove
  > - remove ifdef _ANSI_SOURCE and assume it's default
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ arch/vax/n_support.S

  > use ALTENTRY;  was ok millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ arch/vax/n_support.S

  > add isinff and isnanf.  no objection millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ src/b_log__D.c                        ~ src/b_tgamma.c

  > shut up lint;  pointed out by theo
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ noieee_src/mathimpl.h                 ~ noieee_src/n_acosh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_asincos.c                ~ noieee_src/n_asinh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_atan.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_atan2.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_atanh.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_cabs.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_cosh.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_erf.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_exp.c                    ~ noieee_src/n_exp__E.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_expm1.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_floor.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_log10.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_log1p.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_log__L.c                 ~ noieee_src/n_pow.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_sincos.c                 ~ noieee_src/n_sinh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_support.c                ~ noieee_src/n_tan.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_tanh.c

  > some cleanup for noieee_src, as asked by millert@: remove fictional
  > includes, include math.h where needed and remove redundant declarations
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

  ~ noieee_src/mathimpl.h                 ~ noieee_src/n_acosh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_asincos.c                ~ noieee_src/n_asinh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_atan.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_atan2.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_atanh.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_cabs.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_cbrt.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_cosh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_erf.c                    ~ noieee_src/n_exp__E.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_expm1.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_floor.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_fmod.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_j0.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_j1.c                     ~ noieee_src/n_jn.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_log10.c                  ~ noieee_src/n_log1p.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_log__L.c                 ~ noieee_src/n_pow.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_sincos.c                 ~ noieee_src/n_sinh.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_support.c                ~ noieee_src/n_tan.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_tanh.c

  > spacing, add rcs ids, no binary change (martynas@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/11 ==

ld.so

  ~ loader.c

  > - rename _dl_boot argument loff to dyn_loff to differentiate it from
  > exe_loff
  > - calculate minva, maxva, exe_loff for the executable for passing to
  > _dl_finialize_object and completing the executable elf_object_t data.
  > this fixes ldd output for the exe object and prepares for PIE support.
  > - calculate the interpreter path pointer in a way that allows for the
  > possibility that PT_INTERP comes before PT_PHDR
  > - fix an off by one in the init of dl_data
  > input and okay drahn@ (kurt@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

  ~ crypto/Makefile

  > +aes tests (djm@)

  + crypto/aes/Makefile                   + crypto/aes/aestest.c

  > Test crypto(4) AES against test vectors from Dr. Brian Gladman
  > available at http://fp.gladman.plus.com/AES/
  > only keysize={128,256} and standard AES blocksize for now (djm@)

  + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbnk44.txt        + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbnk48.txt
  + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbnt44.txt        + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbnt48.txt
  + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbvk44.txt        + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbvk48.txt
  + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbvt44.txt        + crypto/aes/vectors/ecbvt48.txt

  > blocksize=128 keysize={128,256} AES test vectors from Dr. Brian Gladman
  > http://fp.gladman.plus.com/AES/ (djm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.c

  > Add delete volume functionality.
  > discussed with krw, kettenis & drahn
  > ok hshoexer (marco@)

  ~ bioctl.8

  > Add blurb for delete volume (marco@)

  ~ bioctl.8                              ~ bioctl.c

  > -d tweaks; (jmc@)

ldattach

  ~ ldattach.c

  > Initialize the tty in the same way for nmea and slip. (mbalmer@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > Document lang/lua MODULE.
  > Reminded by pyr@ and ajacoutot@ while going to the hike,
  > ok ajacoutot@ and looks fine to jmc@ (landry@)

  ~ man4/ehci.4                           ~ man4/ohci.4
  ~ man4/uhci.4

  > point to usb man pages more clearly; ok jmc (deraadt@)

  ~ man8/man8.alpha/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.armish/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.hp300/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.hppa/MAKEDEV.8              ~ man8/man8.hppa64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8              ~ man8/man8.landisk/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sparc/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.sparc64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.vax/MAKEDEV.8               ~ man8/man8.zaurus/MAKEDEV.8

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > add some description for the tcl and tk modules (steven@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > a few minor rewordings and tweaks (steven@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > - add all missing MODULES
  > "no issues" for jmc@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man8/man8.alpha/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.armish/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.hppa/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.hppa64/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.landisk/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.macppc/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sgi/MAKEDEV.8               ~ man8/man8.socppc/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sparc64/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.zaurus/MAKEDEV.8

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ man8/yp.8

  > sync synopsis and usage; spacing. (sobrado@)

  ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8

  > sync (todd@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ disksubr.c                            ~ dkcsum.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > theo says: enable, enable, enable uvideo(4)
  > Some of the cams are fairly working now and we want to see more of
  > them in dmesgs. (robert@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/aviion/aviion

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/dev

  ~ ct.c                                  ~ mt.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

  > enable uvideo(4) video(4) (robert@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ disksubr.c                            ~ dkcsum.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add dc(4) at cardbus(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > wdc(4) at pcmcia(4) (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Enable com(4) at pcmcia(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add malo(4) at pcmcia(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add re(4) add cardbus(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add xl(4) add cardbus(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add ep(4) at pcmcia(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add ral(4) at cardbus(4). (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Enable /dev/video* for all USB capable archs.  MAKEDEV bits will follow
  > shortly.
  > OK todd@ (mglocker@)

arch/vax/uba

  ~ ts.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

compat/freebsd

  ~ freebsd_exec.c

  > Do not attempt to recognize foreign ELF binaries if emulation is disabled;
  > also recognize modern Linux binaries without branding, but with a ``GNU''
  > ABI note. (miod@)

compat/linux

  ~ linux_exec.c

  > Do not attempt to recognize foreign ELF binaries if emulation is disabled;
  > also recognize modern Linux binaries without branding, but with a ``GNU''
  > ABI note. (miod@)

  ~ linux_exec.c

  > Be more permissive and try to run non-branded non-static binaries if we can
  > find their interpreter, as the linux ld.so name is unique and not likely to
  > be found in another /emul/foo hierarchy; allows Opera to run again. Noticed
  > by sturm@ (miod@)

compat/svr4

  ~ svr4_exec.c

  > Do not attempt to recognize foreign ELF binaries if emulation is disabled;
  > also recognize modern Linux binaries without branding, but with a ``GNU''
  > ABI note. (miod@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ biovar.h                              ~ softraid.c
  ~ softraidvar.h

  > Add delete volume functionality.
  > discussed with krw, kettenis & drahn
  > ok hshoexer (marco@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Be more paranoid before disestablishing hook
  > ok hshoexer (marco@)

  ~ softraidvar.h                         ~ softraid.c
  ~ softraid_crypto.c

  > Get mask keying for on-disk keys from user space and keep a "hint" for key
  > generation used by user space in the meta data.
  > Actually use the masking key for encryption and decryption of on-disk key
  > at run time.
  > ok djm marco (hshoexer@)

  ~ softraidvar.h

  > wrap definitions for softraid crypto "ifdef CRYPTO".  Suggested by djm
  > (hshoexer@)

  ~ softraid_crypto.c

  > Pass error code via the crypto descriptor (ie. crp_etype) from crypto
  > callback.
  > ok marco@ (hshoexer@)

  ~ video.c

  > Wrap DPRINTF around #ifdef VIDEO_DEBUG, but leave debugging on by
  > default for now. (mglocker@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Clead discipline pointer after delete.  Found by hshoexer (marco@)

  ~ video.c

  > disable debug printfs and descriptor dumps (robert@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > make sure to check that a crypto volume is not yet assembled when
  > retrieving the kdf blobb.  Pointed out by marco.
  > while there, use %lld instead of %d when printing b_blkno, which daddr64_t.
  > ok marco (hshoexer@)

dev/acpi

  ~ dsdt.c

  > Fixed memory leaks for AML parser
  > added new stack handling interface
  > removed delay during parsing
  > ok @marco (jordan@)

  ~ dsdt.c

  > Fixed AMLOP_LOAD for _PSS on Thinkpad
  > ok @gwk (jordan@)

  ~ dsdt.h                                ~ dsdt.c
  ~ acpidebug.c

  > Removed old AML disassembler code
  > ok @marco (jordan@)

  ~ acpiac.c

  > Poll AC because there are some crappy machines out there that need it.
  > (marco@)

dev/isa

  ~ fd.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ vga_pcivar.h

  > Bump max BARs up to 6. Needed for nouveau.
  > ok marco at . (oga@)

  ~ vga_pci.c

  > Skip 64-bit BARs correctly when initing.
  > ok marco at . (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_bufs.c
  ~ drm/drm_drv.c                         ~ drm/drm_scatter.c
  ~ drm/drm_vm.c                          ~ drm/files.drm
  + drm/drm_memrange.c

  > The mmap offsets for memory buffers currently are the kernel virtual
  > address.  This is just plain wrong. scatter/gather on amd64 didn't work
  > here, since char device mmap doesn't take negative offsets so higher
  > kvas fail.
  > Instead, prematurely import drm_memrange which is needed for the memory
  > managers (GEM or TTM), and is used to manage GART space. Then, horribly
  > abuse it to allocate mmap offsets, fixes up the issues.
  > "just commit it" art at . (oga@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > dreamcheeky missile launcher (duck!) (deraadt@)

  ~ uvideo.c

  > disable debug printfs and descriptor dumps (robert@)

isofs/udf

  ~ udf_subr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ exec_elf.c

  > Reorder foreign binaries probe list, so that more permissive ones are at
  > the
  > end. Makes static linux binaries run again. (miod@)

  ~ kern_sched.c                          ~ subr_disk.c
  ~ vfs_bio.c                             ~ vfs_subr.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ kern_subr.c

  > Remove silly panic when disestablish cookie doesnt exist
  > ok art (marco@)

  ~ exec_elf.c

  > Oops, do not dereference a NULL function pointer used as an array end
  > marker; found the hard way by sturm@ (miod@)

  ~ kern_descrip.c

  > use PR_ZERO instead of a bzero() right after the pool_get();
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

miscfs/specfs

  ~ spec_vnops.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if.c

  > Fix the egress group matching for IPv4. There are to ways to define a /0
  > network mask. For some reasons some parts set sa->sa_len to 0 to specify
  > a /0 netmask so check fot that too. tested by david@ OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ pf_osfp.c

  > #if 0 an annoygly chatty printf active whenever we're at loglevel
  > loud, spilling out hundreds of lines on ruleset reloads is disturbing when
  > you're hacking over cereal console, ryan ok (henning@)

  ~ pf.c

  > fix synproxy.
  > the factored out pf_create_state() could return PF_PASS, _DROP, and
  > _SYNPROXY_DROP. We were treating the latter the same as _PASS and thus
  > passing the original SYN which we of course don't want in the synproxy
  > case.
  > breakage reported by sakurai-san, headscratching with and ok ryan
  > (henning@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_input.c

  > Fix type difference between function prototype and implementation.
  > According to millert@ this would have been promoted from a short to an int
  > anyway, since K&R C cannot pass variables that are smaller than an int.
  > ok deraadt@ millert@ (jsing@)

  ~ tcp_input.c                           ~ tcp_output.c

  > ANSIfy function definitions.
  > ok markus@ mcbride@ henning@ deraadt@ (jsing@)

  ~ tcp_input.c                           ~ tcp_output.c

  > Remove some crazy #if mess.
  > ok markus@ henning@ (jsing@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_bio.c

  > Actually return an error in nfs_asyncio() if we fail to process
  > the buf due too all of the nfs iod's being busy; this downgrades
  > the write to a sync one and allows to handle this.
  > ok art@, beck@ (thib@)

  ~ nfs_syscalls.c                        ~ nfs_vnops.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

  ~ nfs_bio.c

  > if (something_complicated)
  > return (EIO);
  > return (EIO);
  > is kinda silly. Don't.
  > Prettify a bit in the process.
  > 'makes perfect sense' blambert@, ok thib@ (art@)

  ~ nfs.h                                 ~ nfs_bio.c

  > add a statistic bit to count how often we change async to sync
  > you need to upgrade nfsstat and the relevant header files
  > ok beck@ (thib@)

  ~ nfs_serv.c                            ~ nfs_socket.c
  ~ nfs_srvcache.c                        ~ nfs_subs.c
  ~ nfs_var.h                             ~ nfs_vfsops.c
  ~ nfs_vnops.c                           ~ nfsm_subs.h

  > Remove now-vestigial bpos pointer from NFS. For building outgoing
  > NFS mbufs, mbufs now contain all their internal buffer state internally,
  > the way god intended.
  > ok thib@
  > testing johan@ (and possibly merdely@; this diff's been around for a
  > bit...) (blambert@)

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > undo r1.77 from 2004 - shrinking MINCLSIZE so that we always use a cluster
  > for data storage instead of another mbuf if it would fit. we did that
  > change whiledoing the release and we thought there was a problem with this,
  > which later turned out not to be true. surprise and ok theo (henning@)

  ~ buf.h                                 ~ mount.h

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_bmap.c                         ~ ext2fs_inode.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_inode.c                           ~ ffs_softdep.c
  ~ ffs_vnops.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_bmap.c                            ~ ufs_dirhash.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_swap.c

  > Bring biomem diff back into the tree after the nfs_bio.c fix went in.
  > ok thib beck art (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

  ~ fatal.c

  > show any signal we might have received that killed our cvs process.
  > ok tobias@ (joris@)

  ~ checkout.c                            ~ file.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ remote.c
  ~ remote.h                              ~ server.c
  ~ update.c                              ~ util.c
  ~ util.h

  > completely kill the need for TMP_DIR when running checkout,
  > which gives us better performance among other things.
  > this is however disabled in a few cases:
  > 1) whenever you run checkout over an existing tree (which acts as update)
  > 2) whenever you specify -d or a module alias
  > we're planning on enabling this behaviour for case 2 in the future.
  > anoncvs sysadmins now love us even more.
  > ok tobias@ (joris@)

  ~ file.c

  > fix logic (joris@)

  ~ rcs.h

  > You successfully cast 'remove dead cruft' (joris@)

  ~ file.c

  > properly deal with CVS_USE_WDIR.
  > ok tobias@ (joris@)

  ~ log.c

  > cmdp can be NULL while still in cvs_getopt(), so deal with this
  > inside of cvs_vlog() since cvs_getopt() might be calling it.
  > spotted by Jonathan Armani (joris@)

  ~ checkout.c

  > Fixed a memory leak in export noticed by joris.
  > ok joris (tobias@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > we should be able to handle symbol names that are also RCS tokens,
  > gnu cvs supports this and we should too really.
  > allows opencvs to properly checkout netbsd trees.
  > spotted & tested by rivo nurges
  > ok tobias@ (joris@)

mg

  ~ Makefile                              ~ def.h
  ~ main.c                                + cmode.c

  > Introduce a basic c-mode to mg.
  > The intent of this mode is NOT to copy emacs's monster cc-mode.
  > It is intended to handle basic KNF-format C, assisting
  > with indentation (to catch obvious typos), and strip
  > trailing whitespace. It is NOT enabled unless you ask for it (c-mode).
  > Basically, tab on start-of-line whitespace acts like tab.
  > Otherwise, tab indents.
  > Please try it out and let me know where it falls down.
  > Feedback Reyk, phessler. "hack in tree" from henning, theo (kjell@)

  ~ keymap.c

  > Whitespace (kjell@)

  ~ paragraph.c

  > Make set-fill-column interactive (and scriptable in a startup file)
  > This replaces the ridiculous "move cursor to where you want to wrap things
  > and invoke this comment" behavior of before.
  > Note, this makes auto-fill-mode the moral equivalent of mail-mode.
  > (and set-fill-column the moral equivalent of mail-set-margin) (kjell@)

  ~ cmode.c

  > c-mode now understands the two most common type of comments
  > (with appropriate indenting):
  > /*
  > * comment
  > */
  > and
  > foo();  /* comment */
  > Whew. A lot of code for a seemingly simple idea.
  > ok phessler@ (kjell@)

  ~ search.c

  > incremental search isn't allowed in macros, so if your fingers
  > automatically go there during a macro def, the macro recording
  > is CANCELED. This sucks rocks.
  > This fixes the incremental searches to
  > automagically invoke the non-incremental varieties during
  > macro recording and playback.
  > ok art (kjell@)

nfsstat

  ~ nfsstat.c

  > add a statistic bit to count how often we change async to sync
  > you need to upgrade nfsstat and the relevant header files
  > ok beck@ (thib@)

ssh

  ~ dns.c                                 ~ canohost.c
  ~ sshconnect.c

  > Do not pass "0" strings as ports to getaddrinfo because the lookups
  > can slow things down and we never use the service info anyway. bz
  > #859, patch from YOSHIFUJI Hideaki and John Devitofranceschi.  ok
  > deraadt@ djm@
  > djm belives that the reason for the "0" strings is to ensure that
  > it's not possible to call getaddrinfo with both host and port being
  > NULL.  In the case of canohost.c host is a local array.  In the
  > case of sshconnect.c, it's checked for null immediately before use.
  > In dns.c it ultimately comes from ssh.c:main() and is guaranteed to
  > be non-null but it's not obvious, so I added a warning message in
  > case it is ever passed a null. (dtucker@)

  ~ key.c

  > use an odd number of rows and columns and a separate start marker, looks
  > better; ok grunk@ (otto@)

  ~ sshconnect.c

  > Make ssh print the random art also when ssh'ing to a host using IP only.
  > spotted by naddy@, ok and help djm@ dtucker@ (grunk@)

  ~ channels.c                            ~ channels.h
  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ clientloop.h
  ~ mux.c

  > Enable ~ escapes for multiplex slave sessions; give each channel
  > its own escape state and hook the escape filters up to muxed
  > channels. bz #1331
  > Mux slaves do not currently support the ~^Z and ~& escapes.
  > NB. this change cranks the mux protocol version, so a new ssh
  > mux client will not be able to connect to a running old ssh
  > mux master.
  > ok dtucker@ (djm@)

  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ clientloop.c
  ~ clientloop.h

  > maintain an ordered queue of outstanding global requests that we
  > expect replies to, similar to the per-channel confirmation queue.
  > Use this queue to verify success or failure for remote forward
  > establishment in a race free way.
  > ok dtucker@ (djm@)

  ~ clientloop.c

  > thall shalt not code past the eightieth column (djm@)

  ~ ssh.c

  > thal shalt not code past the eightieth column (djm@)

  ~ PROTOCOL

  > document tun at openssh.com forwarding method (djm@)

  ~ mux.c

  > some more TODO for me (djm@)

  ~ key.c

  > supply the key type (rsa1, rsa, dsa) as a caption in the frame of the
  > random art.  while there, stress the fact that the field base should at
  > least be 8 characters for the pictures to make sense.
  > comment and ok djm@ (grunk@)

  ~ key.c

  > We already mark the start of the worm, now also mark the end of the worm
  > in our random art drawings.
  > ok djm@ (grunk@)

  ~ channels.c                            ~ channels.h
  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ clientloop.h
  ~ mux.c

  > The multiplexing escape char handler commit last night introduced a
  > small memory leak per session; plug it. (djm@)

  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ ssh_config.5

  > keyword expansion for localcommand.  ok djm@ (dtucker@)

  ~ ssh-keygen.1                          ~ ssh_config.5

  > tweak the ascii art text; ok grunk (jmc@)

  ~ misc.c                                ~ misc.h
  ~ packet.c                              ~ packet.h
  ~ sshconnect.c                          ~ sshd.c

  > Make keepalive timeouts apply while waiting for a packet, particularly
  > during
  > key renegotiation (bz #1363).  With djm and Matt Day, ok djm@ (dtucker@)

  ~ sftp-client.c

  > print extension revisions for extensions that we understand (djm@)

  ~ clientloop.c

  > I was coalescing expected global request confirmation replies at the
  > wrong end of the queue - fix; prompted by markus@ (djm@)

  ~ ssh-keygen.c

  > make ssh-keygen -lf show the key type just as ssh-add -l would do it
  > ok djm@ markus@ (grunk@)

  ~ key.c

  > add my copyright, ok djm@ (grunk@)

  ~ sshconnect.c

  > tweak wording in message, ok deraadt@ jmc@ (ian@)

systat

  ~ iostat.c

  > make bcachestats visible in systat io - from mickey.
  > ok thib@ (beck@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ disks.c
  ~ extern.h                              ~ fetch.c
  ~ if.c                                  ~ iostat.c
  ~ keyboard.c                            ~ main.c
  ~ mbufs.c                               ~ netcmds.c
  ~ netstat.c                             ~ pigs.c
  ~ sensors.c                             ~ swap.c
  ~ systat.h                              ~ vmstat.c
  + cache.c                               + cache.h
  + config.h                              + engine.c
  + engine.h                              + pf.c
  + pftop.c

  > New display engine for systat, based on pftop. Adds new views for pf
  > (status, state, rule, queue). While all displays work, some keyboard
  > comands are not implemented yet. Other features include better handling
  > of display resize and scrolling for long views. Committing now to fix
  > the remaining issues in the tree.
  > Testing and comments by otto@ and harding@, ok deraadt@ (canacar@)

tcpbench

  ~ tcpbench.1                            ~ tcpbench.c

  > allow the tcpbench client side to open more than one tcp connection
  > to the server and use them simultaniously. ok djm ryan (henning@)

  ~ tcpbench.1

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

vi

  ~ common/main.c

  > remove superfluous "usage:" from v_estr().
  > ok millert@ (sobrado@)

ypmatch

  ~ ypmatch.1

  > sync synopsis and usage; spacing. (sobrado@)