[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-06-25

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jun 26 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/sets                            etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md                gnu/usr.bin/cvs
include/pwd.h                           include/unistd.h
lib/csu                                 lib/libc
lib/libm                                lib/libpthread
libexec/ld.so                           sbin/disklabel
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/pci
sys/arch/amd64/stand/installboot        sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa
sys/arch/hppa/conf                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot
sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa               sys/crypto
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/ftp
usr.bin/gprof                           usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/eeprom                         usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/pwd_mkdb

== distrib =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  ~ lists/comp/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.i386
  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > regen; (jmc@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > sort; ok todd (jmc@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ src/import.c

  > handle sparc64 seperately; ok miod (deraadt@)

== include =========================================================== 04/11 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

pwd.h

  ~ pwd.h

  > Add _PW_BUF_LEN define and use it instead of hard-coding 1024 for
  > the buffer size.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

unistd.h

  ~ unistd.h

  > Move _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS into unistd.h and set it to 200112
  > now that we support all the _r functions required by POSIX 1003.1-2001.
  > Also define _POSIX_REENTRANT_FUNCTIONS.  OK kurt@ deraadt@ (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/11 ==

csu

  ~ sparc64/crt0.c

  > Make pic compatiable. From and okay drahn@ no objection miod@
  > "Slackers!" deraadt@ (kurt@)

  ~ amd64/Makefile                        ~ i386/Makefile
  ~ powerpc/Makefile                      ~ sparc64/Makefile

  > Build pic versions of crt0, crtbegin & crtend for amd64, i386, powerpc,
  > sparc64. The rest will come later. okay drahn@ no objection miod@
  > "Get it in" deraadt@ (kurt@)

libc

  ~ gen/getpwent.c

  > Add _PW_BUF_LEN define and use it instead of hard-coding 1024 for
  > the buffer size.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ gen/sysconf.c                         ~ gen/sysconf.3

  > Implement _SC_GETGR_R_SIZE_MAX, _SC_GETPW_R_SIZE_MAX, _SC_LOGIN_NAME_MAX,
  > and _SC_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS for sysconf(3).  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ rpc/xdr_float.c

  > Change a very long selective list of all architectures which do IEEE into
  > just handling the vax different (just vax for now, 'cause tahoe might even
  > be too legacy for Miod)
  > ok miod (deraadt@)

  ~ gen/sysconf.3

  > `Li' needs an argument; (jmc@)

libm

  ~ noieee_src/n_cabs.c                   ~ noieee_src/n_floor.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_j1.c                     ~ noieee_src/n_jn.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_pow.c                    ~ noieee_src/n_sincos.c
  ~ noieee_src/n_support.c                ~ noieee_src/n_tan.c
  ~ src/b_exp__D.c

  > - expressions such as x != x and x == x are prone to errors and
  > ugly, when we have isnan and isinf
  > - no need to check for _IEEE, when checking for not-a-number
  > - remove some impossible checks
  > - while here, drem->remainder, as drem is just an obsolete alias
  > now
  > ok millert@ (martynas@)

libpthread

  ~ include/pthread.h

  > Move _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS into unistd.h and set it to 200112
  > now that we support all the _r functions required by POSIX 1003.1-2001.
  > Also define _POSIX_REENTRANT_FUNCTIONS.  OK kurt@ deraadt@ (millert@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/11 ==

ld.so

  ~ ldd/ldd.c

  > Make ldd grok pie binaries. (kurt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

  ~ disklabel.8                           ~ disklabel.c
  ~ editor.c                              ~ extern.h

  > In interactive mode, always suggest offsets and sizes inside the
  > OpenBSD area and change the 'p' command to only print the boundaries
  > and size of the OpenBSD area and the free space within that area.
  > Introduce a 'l' command to print the header only. With krw@; ok krw@
  > deraadt@; jmc@ for the man page bits (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man4/uvideo.4

  > Add various Logitech QuickCam's which are known to be UVC class devices.
  > ok mglocker@ (brad@)

  ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8

  > regen; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pci.4                            ~ man4/man4.i386/Makefile
  + man4/man4.i386/auglx.4

  > auglx(4) is an audio(4) driver for the AC'97 audio codec found on
  > some AMD Geode LX systems with CS5536 companion chip.  It works
  > similar to auich(4) and auixp(4), but the hardware dependent parts
  > are quite different.
  > Tested with various PC-Engines ALIX boards (1B, 3C3) and a WebDT 186
  > board.
  > feedback many, ok deraadt & jmc (documentation) (mbalmer@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > sync Nd for auglx; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > Support the Intel G35 which apparently works similarly to the 965.
  > Initial information, half the diff, and testing from Andrew Lutomirski,
  > thanks! (oga@)

arch/amd64/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c

  > this diff changes the bootloader to skip the CHS sanity check if LBA
  > (EDD) is found and OK. it will also fix chainloading into OpenBSD from
  > grub in a few scenarios where grub doesn't report the CHS correctly
  > but the LBA. and we don't need CHS if there is LBA.
  > this has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

  ~ biosdev.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ ld.script

  > Move .rodata 512KB further, since kernels will soon reach the address
  > .rodata
  > is currently linked at. This should eventually be replaced with a proper
  > alignment construct in the ld script, but it's too hot and too late to
  > do this correctly and I need a kernel that links (containing stuff to
  > reach a cvs tree near you reasonably soon). (miod@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.i386

  > auglx(4) is an audio(4) driver for the AC'97 audio codec found on
  > some AMD Geode LX systems with CS5536 companion chip.  It works
  > similar to auich(4) and auixp(4), but the hardware dependent parts
  > are quite different.
  > Tested with various PC-Engines ALIX boards (1B, 3C3) and a WebDT 186
  > board.
  > feedback many, ok deraadt & jmc (documentation) (mbalmer@)

arch/i386/pci

  + auglx.c

  > auglx(4) is an audio(4) driver for the AC'97 audio codec found on
  > some AMD Geode LX systems with CS5536 companion chip.  It works
  > similar to auich(4) and auixp(4), but the hardware dependent parts
  > are quite different.
  > Tested with various PC-Engines ALIX boards (1B, 3C3) and a WebDT 186
  > board.
  > feedback many, ok deraadt & jmc (documentation) (mbalmer@)

  ~ pchb.c

  > Support the Intel G35 which apparently works similarly to the 965.
  > Initial information, half the diff, and testing from Andrew Lutomirski,
  > thanks! (oga@)

arch/i386/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c

  > this diff changes the bootloader to skip the CHS sanity check if LBA
  > (EDD) is found and OK. it will also fix chainloading into OpenBSD from
  > grub in a few scenarios where grub doesn't report the CHS correctly
  > but the LBA. and we don't need CHS if there is LBA.
  > this has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

  ~ biosdev.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

crypto

  ~ idgen.c                               ~ idgen.h

  > implement automatic time-based rekeying (every 10 minutes); ok deraadt@
  > (djm@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraid_crypto.c
  ~ softraidvar.h

  > use pools for the uio and iovec allocations in sr_crypto_getcryptop()
  > instead of malloc;
  > OK hshoexer@ and macro@ (thib@)

dev/ic

  ~ aic79xx.c                             ~ aic7xxx.c

  > do not print scsi id, since scsibus does that now; ok krw (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ agp.c                                 ~ agp_i810.c

  > Support the Intel G35 which apparently works similarly to the 965.
  > Initial information, half the diff, and testing from Andrew Lutomirski,
  > thanks! (oga@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > allow to install and boot the OpenBSD A6 partition and disklabel in an
  > extended DOS partition.  the concept of extended partitions is very
  > simple, it is just another mbr at the partition offset (well, the
  > standard "EBR" is a linked list with a few limitations, but this diff
  > works with both variants).
  > this diff has been in the snapshots for a while.
  > with input from weingart@ and krw@
  > ok deraadt@ (reyk@)

sys

  ~ unistd.h

  > Implement _SC_GETGR_R_SIZE_MAX, _SC_GETPW_R_SIZE_MAX, _SC_LOGIN_NAME_MAX,
  > and _SC_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS for sysconf(3).  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

ftp

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ cmdtab.c
  ~ extern.h                              ~ ftp.1
  ~ ftp.c

  > - fix -Wall (no behavior change, a || b && c = a || (b && c) anyway)
  > - use argv[0] for "Confirm with", as other confirm()s do
  > - fix confirm cases, pass force=1 for mdelete and mabort too, fixes
  > a bug when you end up deleting all files when you ^C, instead of
  > getting a confirmation
  > - add reput command, that will allow to continue transfer uploads
  > - add -c for mget and mput, that will allow to continue multiple
  > transfers
  > - fix a bug when you use restart command together with put.  the
  > progressmeter would start from zero, and eta would show fictional
  > time.  this actually allows reput/put -c to have correct progressmeter
  > too
  > - document everything
  > discussed with, suggestions, reminded to ifdef SMALL the code so
  > we're able to fit in floppies, and ok millert@, and jmc@ (martynas@)

  ~ cmdtab.c                              ~ cookie.c
  ~ extern.h                              ~ fetch.c
  ~ ftp.c                                 ~ ftp_var.h
  ~ main.c                                ~ ruserpass.c
  ~ util.c

  > in resume mode, pass -c to mget when {dir,file}hasglob, so that i'm
  > able to continue multiple transfers with -C;  ok millert@
  > while here fix some comments (!SMALL vs. SMALL stuff), and add
  > missing (martynas@)

gprof

  ~ gprof.c

  > split test for __sparc__ into __sparc__ and __sparc64__ (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ key.c

  > add key length to visual fingerprint; zap magical constants;
  > ok grunk@ djm@ (otto@)

eeprom

  ~ eehandlers.c

  > no need for sparc/sparc64 ifdefs, since this file is sparc only (deraadt@)