[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-06-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Jun 28 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/armish                          distrib/miniroot
distrib/sgi                             distrib/zaurus
etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md
libexec/ld.so                           sbin/newfs
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/aviion/aviion
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/landisk/dev
sys/arch/landisk/landisk                sys/arch/landisk/stand/boot
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/sh/dev
sys/arch/sh/sh                          sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/arch/zaurus/conf
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/raidframe
sys/kern                                sys/uvm
usr.bin/cut                             usr.bin/cvs
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

armish

  ~ ramdisk/list

  > add bio & bioctl
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

miniroot

  ~ upgrade.sh

  > Remove clauses 3 and 4 from license copyrighted by millert, deraadt,
  > krw, and NetBSD.
  > OK millert, krw, and deraadt (ray@)

sgi

  ~ ramdisk/list

  > add bio & bioctl
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

zaurus

  ~ ramdisk/list

  > add bio & bioctl
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV.md

  > fix bio major, only took a year to test (todd@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

ld.so

  ~ sh/rtld_machine.c

  > Remove again the old _dl_md_reloc() calls-through-plt workaround: it is
  > no longer necessary now that libgcc is built correctly, and it caused
  > the elfbug regress test to fail. (miod@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

newfs

  ~ newfs.8                               ~ newfs.c

  > documentation tweak. (sobrado@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/sf.4

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add uvideo(4).
  > ok mglocker@ (brad@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ locore.S                              ~ spl.S
  ~ vector.S

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ pmap.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

  ~ stubs.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/aviion/aviion

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ ali1543.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

arch/landisk/dev

  ~ rs5c313.c                             ~ rs5c313reg.h

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ clock_machdep.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

arch/landisk/stand/boot

  ~ scifcons.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add uvideo(4).
  > ok mglocker@ (brad@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > add bio & bioctl
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

arch/sh/dev

  ~ scif.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

arch/sh/sh

  ~ sh_machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add uvideo(4).
  > ok mglocker@ (brad@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ machdep.c

  > Clear swap encryption keys before dumping a kernel image. (miod@)

arch/zaurus/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > add bio & bioctl
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

dev/ata

  ~ ata_wdc.c                             ~ wd.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

dev/ic

  ~ atwreg.h                              ~ atwvar.h
  ~ wdc.c

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

dev/isa

  ~ aps.c

  > Access the embedded controller according to the documentation referenced
  > from the hdaps linux driver, and update model detection. Now works on
  > newer thinkpad models. Suggestions from jsg@, tested by many. (canacar@)

dev/microcode

  ~ uyap/uyap-license

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

dev/pci

  ~ arc.c

  > Hook up the blinkenleds.
  > Lets cards like the 1261ML with SGPIO sideband on Mini SAS,
  > control locator LEDs through bioctl.
  > ok dlg@ (jsg@)

dev/raidframe

  ~ rf_openbsd.h

  > More removal of clauses 3 and 4 from NetBSD licenses.
  > OK deraadt@ and millert@ (ray@)

kern

  ~ subr_prf.c

  > Do not disallow kernel crash dumps on panic if swap encryption is enabled,
  > as dumpsys() will now clear the sensitive information.
  > ok djm@ (and dumpsys changes too) (miod@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_pglist.c

  > uvm_pglistalloc() works by walking the physical address range it gets
  > invoked
  > with, trying to find free pages matching the callers requirement.
  > However, on systems with noncontiguous memory and large gaps between
  > segments, this is a disaster as soon as one of these gaps is hit.
  > Rewrite the logic by iterating on the physsegs, and the on the intersection
  > of the physseg range and the callers range. This also frees us from having
  > to check whether a given page range crosses a physseg. (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

cut

  ~ cut.1                                 ~ cut.c

  > sort flags; align usage output.
  > ok jmc@ (sobrado@)

cvs

  ~ cvs.h

  > Bump version; we're not going to stay with 1.0 forever.
  > ok joris (xsa@)

  ~ cvs.h

  > Simply the version string and nuke unecessary variables used to build it.
  > ok joris (xsa@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepository/SCP.pm

  > synch with rest of work (espie@)

tcpdump