[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-05-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri May 9 07:00:01 BST 2008

bin/ksh                                 gnu/usr.bin/gcc
regress/sbin                            regress/usr.bin
sbin/pfctl                              sbin/route
sbin/wpa-psk                            share/man
sys/altq                                sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/isofs/cd9660
sys/isofs/udf                           sys/kern
sys/lib/libsa                           sys/miscfs/deadfs
sys/miscfs/fifofs                       sys/miscfs/portal
sys/miscfs/procfs                       sys/miscfs/specfs
sys/msdosfs                             sys/net
sys/netmpls                             sys/nfs
sys/sys                                 sys/ufs/ext2fs
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/ufs/mfs
usr.bin/file                            usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/sendbug                         usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/faithd                         usr.sbin/relayd

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

ksh

  ~ BUG-REPORTS                           ~ ChangeLog

  > documentation tweaks. (sobrado@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/08 ==

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/config/sh/sh.c

  > Due to the recent changes, it is no longer necessary to disable -fregmove
  > anymore. (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

sbin

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        ~ pfctl/pfail53.in
  ~ pfctl/pfail53.ok                      + pfctl/pf96.in
  + pfctl/pf96.ok

  > Add/Fix regression tests for sequences of numbers and stacked
  > assignments of variables.
  > OK deraadt@ (mpf@)

usr.bin

  ~ file/t15.out                          ~ file/t18.out
  ~ file/t22.out

  > Sync with source changes (ian@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > Bring back (in a more yacc friendly way) support for setting variables
  > to a sequence of strings and numbers, which get folded together into one
  > string (and later, when used, is re-lexed)
  > ok mpf (deraadt@)

  ~ parse.y

  > Loosen grammer to permit any number of newlines within most kinds of { }
  > blocks, as requested by reyk; ok reyk mpf henning (deraadt@)

  ~ parse.y

  > make "to any" optional in binat, or well, the implied default.
  > requested by reyk, ok reyk mpf (deraadt@)

route

  ~ show.c

  > Don't display the outlabel and interface for POP operations.
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

  ~ show.c

  > Fix fallout from the route priority thing.
  > Don't display out label interface in the second column.
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

  ~ show.c

  > space (claudio@)

wpa-psk

  ~ wpa-psk.c

  > add missing header for exit
  > ok damien@ (chl@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/wb.4

  > Mention amphy(4). (brad@)

  ~ man4/netintro.4

  > sort SEE ALSO; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/onyx.4               ~ man4/man4.macppc/tumbler.4

  > Sync supported machines list. (xsa@)

  ~ man4/man4.macppc/onyx.4

  > This one was not supposed to go in. Revert. (xsa@)

  - man5/types.5                          ~ man5/Makefile

  > Retire types(5) man page.  It was hopelessly out of date and never
  > provided any information not present in the actual man pager.  Now
  > that types are also present in inttypes.h and stdint.h this file
  > is even less relevant.  OK deraadt@ miod@ (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

altq

  ~ altq_cbq.c                            ~ altq_cdnr.c
  ~ altq_hfsc.c                           ~ altq_priq.c
  ~ altq_red.c                            ~ altq_rio.c
  ~ altq_rmclass.c                        ~ altq_subr.c

  > do not check malloc return value against NULL, as M_WAITOK is used
  > ok kjc@ (chl@)

  > regen (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add the Freescale vendor ID and some devices from the MPC8349E family.
  > (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ ums.c                                 ~ usb_quirks.c
  ~ usb_quirks.h                          ~ usbhid.h

  > Add support for Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse, from FreeBSD. Not only
  > does
  > this device bends the uhid specs backwards, it is also completely unusable
  > for left-handed people due to its shape.
  > Tested on actual hardware thanks to a donation from Maxim Belooussov.
  > (miod@)

  > regen (miod@)

  ~ ums.c                                 ~ usbdevs

  > Add support for yet another exotic Microsoft Mouse, this time the
  > ``Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 Model 1049''. From FreeBSD. (miod@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ cd9660_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

isofs/udf

  ~ udf_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

kern

  ~ vfs_init.c                            ~ vfs_sync.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

lib/libsa

  ~ loadfile_elf.c

  > Fix alignment - sizeof(long) does not always match the address size of the
  > ELF image being loaded.
  > ok miod@ (jsing@)

  ~ loadfile_elf.c

  > KNF (jsing@)

miscfs/deadfs

  ~ dead_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

miscfs/fifofs

  ~ fifo_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

miscfs/portal

  ~ portal_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

miscfs/procfs

  ~ procfs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

miscfs/specfs

  ~ spec_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

msdosfs

  ~ msdosfs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

net

  ~ if_mpe.c

  > UP mpe interfaces.
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

  ~ if_mpe.c

  > Hook mpe(4) correctly into mpls so that it is possible to tunnel packets
  > over
  > MPLS. Still a bit hackish but getting closer. hai norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ if_mpe.c

  > Start at making mpe tap to bpf.  While there move if_start() call inside
  > splnet.
  > The DLT_MPLS will not go away and will be used for display in tcpdump -y
  > mpls when the code is there, as suggested by reyk. (pyr@)

  ~ pfvar.h

  > reorder elements in pf_state_peer to avoid wasting memory.	cvs blame
  > shows that 3 developers screwed this up.  look carefully at this diff
  > and learn how to avoid wasting memory.  on a 64 bit architecture, each
  > of these was using 40 bytes instead of 32.
  > ok henning (deraadt@)

  ~ if_mpe.c

  > Add license and OpenBSD RCS Tag to the file, spotted by Dries Schellekens.
  > (pyr@)

netmpls

  ~ mpls.h                                ~ mpls_input.c

  > Hook mpe(4) correctly into mpls so that it is possible to tunnel packets
  > over
  > MPLS. Still a bit hackish but getting closer. hai norby@ (claudio@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

sys

  ~ ttycom.h

  > fix TIOCSIG definition; from Hannah Schroeter <hannah at schlund dot de>
  > via tech. deraadt@ ok. (fgsch@)

  ~ vnode.h

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

ufs/mfs

  ~ mfs_vnops.c

  > retire vn_default_error() and replace all instances
  > with eopnotsupp() instead;
  > ok blambert@ (thib@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

file

  - magdir/bFLT                           - magdir/chi
  - magdir/hdf                            - magdir/modules
  - magdir/sidfiles                       - magdir/wordperfect
  ~ LEGAL.NOTICE                          ~ MAINT
  ~ README                                ~ apprentice.c
  ~ ascmagic.c                            ~ compress.c
  ~ config.h                              ~ file.c
  ~ file.h                                ~ fsmagic.c
  ~ funcs.c                               ~ is_tar.c
  ~ magic.c                               ~ magic.h
  ~ names.h                               ~ patchlevel.h
  ~ print.c                               ~ readelf.c
  ~ readelf.h                             ~ softmagic.c
  ~ tar.h                                 ~ magdir/Header
  ~ magdir/Localstuff                     ~ magdir/alpha
  ~ magdir/amigaos                        ~ magdir/animation
  ~ magdir/apple                          ~ magdir/archive
  ~ magdir/audio                          ~ magdir/bout
  ~ magdir/c-lang                         ~ magdir/c64
  ~ magdir/cad                            ~ magdir/commands
  ~ magdir/compress                       ~ magdir/console
  ~ magdir/ctags                          ~ magdir/database
  ~ magdir/diff                           ~ magdir/digital
  ~ magdir/dump                           ~ magdir/editors
  ~ magdir/elf                            ~ magdir/filesystems
  ~ magdir/flash                          ~ magdir/fonts
  ~ magdir/fsav                           ~ magdir/gnu
  ~ magdir/hp                             ~ magdir/iff
  ~ magdir/images                         ~ magdir/java
  ~ magdir/jpeg                           ~ magdir/linux
  ~ magdir/lisp                           ~ magdir/mach
  ~ magdir/macintosh                      ~ magdir/magic
  ~ magdir/mail.news                      ~ magdir/maple
  ~ magdir/mathematica                    ~ magdir/mime
  ~ magdir/misctools                      ~ magdir/msdos
  ~ magdir/ncr                            ~ magdir/olf
  ~ magdir/os2                            ~ magdir/os9
  ~ magdir/plan9                          ~ magdir/printer
  ~ magdir/python                         ~ magdir/revision
  ~ magdir/sgi                            ~ magdir/sgml
  ~ magdir/sharc                          ~ magdir/sinclair
  ~ magdir/sniffer                        ~ magdir/sql
  ~ magdir/sun                            ~ magdir/sysex
  ~ magdir/tex                            ~ magdir/troff
  ~ magdir/tuxedo                         ~ magdir/varied.out
  ~ magdir/vmware                         ~ magdir/vorbis
  ~ magdir/xwindows                       + magdir/adventure
  + magdir/basis                          + magdir/bflt
  + magdir/btsnoop                        + magdir/cafebabe
  + magdir/claris                         + magdir/communications
  + magdir/cracklib                       + magdir/esri
  + magdir/geos                           + magdir/matroska
  + magdir/mips                           + magdir/mup
  + magdir/netbsd                         + magdir/os400
  + magdir/palm                           + magdir/perl
  + magdir/riff                           + magdir/scientific
  + magdir/spec                           + magdir/tgif
  + magdir/unicode                        + magdir/varied.script
  + magdir/vicar                          + magdir/virtutech
  + magdir/wordprocessors                 + magdir/xo65

  > Update file to 4.21.
  > tested by ian@ sthen@
  > OK ian@, "move ahead with it" deraadt@ (chl@)

netstat

  ~ inet.c

  > Receiving carp packets for unknown vhid's is not really an error.
  > Change the wording accordingly.
  > OK markus@, dlg@ (mpf@)

  ~ main.c

  > make -f mpls work. OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ show.c

  > Sync netstat show.c with route show.c to gain mpls support and to show the
  > routing priority. hai norby@ (claudio@)

sendbug

  ~ sendbug.c

  > replace "/usr/sbin/sendmail" with _PATH_SENDMAIL
  > no binary change
  > found by Daniel Dickman <didickman at gmail.com>
  > ok ray@ (chl@)

ssh

  ~ bufaux.c                              ~ buffer.h
  ~ channels.c                            ~ packet.c
  ~ packet.h

  > avoid extra malloc/copy/free when receiving data over the net;
  > ~10% speedup for localhost-scp; ok djm@ (markus@)

  ~ auth-options.c                        ~ auth1.c
  ~ channels.c                            ~ channels.h
  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ gss-serv.c
  ~ monitor.c                             ~ monitor_wrap.c
  ~ nchan.c                               ~ servconf.c
  ~ serverloop.c                          ~ session.c
  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ sshd.c

  > Implement a channel success/failure status confirmation callback
  > mechanism. Each channel maintains a queue of callbacks, which will
  > be drained in order (RFC4253 guarantees confirm messages are not
  > reordered within an channel).
  > Also includes a abandonment callback to clean up if a channel is
  > closed without sending confirmation messages. This probably
  > shouldn't happen in compliant implementations, but it could be
  > abused to leak memory.
  > ok markus@ (as part of a larger diff) (djm@)

  ~ Makefile.inc                          ~ monitor.c
  ~ monitor_wrap.c                        ~ servconf.c
  ~ servconf.h                            ~ session.c
  ~ session.h                             ~ sshd_config
  ~ sshd_config.5

  > Make the maximum number of sessions run-time controllable via
  > a sshd_config MaxSessions knob. This is useful for disabling
  > login/shell/subsystem access while leaving port-forwarding working
  > (MaxSessions 0), disabling connection multiplexing (MaxSessions 1) or
  > simply increasing the number of allows multiplexed sessions.
  > Because some bozos are sure to configure MaxSessions in excess of the
  > number of available file descriptors in sshd (which, at peak, might be
  > as many as 9*MaxSessions), audit sshd to ensure that it doesn't leak fds
  > on error paths, and make it fail gracefully on out-of-fd conditions -
  > sending channel errors instead of than exiting with fatal().
  > bz#1090; MaxSessions config bits and manpage from junyer AT gmail.com
  > ok markus@ (djm@)

  ~ clientloop.c                          ~ clientloop.h
  ~ ssh.c

  > Use new channel status confirmation callback system to properly deal
  > with "important" channel requests that fail, in particular command exec,
  > shell and subsystem requests. Previously we would optimistically assume
  > that the requests would always succeed, which could cause hangs if they
  > did not (e.g. when the server runs out of fds) or were unimplemented by
  > the server (bz #1384)
  > Also, properly report failing multiplex channel requests via the mux
  > client stderr (subject to LogLevel in the mux master) - better than
  > silently failing.
  > most bits ok markus@ (as part of a larger diff) (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ control.c

  > make sure we always send back something on IMSG_CTL_SHOW_NEIGHBOR
  > namely, the "no such neighbor" case was missing.
  > problem spotted by martin,ok claudio (henning@)

  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h
  ~ timer.c

  > change timer internals so that we use a timewheel (tailq, sorted by expiry
  > so that the timer that will expire first is always the first element,
  > and so on). will make the checking a bit faster and moreelegant and more
  > conveniant. ok claudio (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ timer.c

  > in timer_set, when figuring out the right position for the timer,
  > wemust stop walking the list once werun into a stopped timer, or
  > eventually all stopped timers will queue up at the very front (instead of
  > at the tail) (henning@)

  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h
  ~ timer.c

  > take advantage of the timewheel: instead of checking each an every
  > timer, just get the first off the queue and check wether it is due
  > (henning@)

  ~ timer.c

  > we can stopin timer_set if new timeout equals the oldone.
  > matters for stuff like the HoldTimer that gets reset often (henning@)

  ~ timer.c

  > take advanatge of the timewheelin timer_nextduein - we just need to look
  > at the first one (henning@)

  ~ rde_attr.c                            ~ rde_decide.c
  ~ timer.c

  > KNF (henning@)

  ~ session.h                             ~ timer.c

  > timer_due is not needed any more (henning@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > backout shit committed on accident (henning@)

dhcpd

  ~ sync.c                                ~ sync.h

  > don't break dhcpd when not using synch mechanisms.. (beck@)

  ~ dhcpd.c                               ~ sync.c

  > this should really only be in one file. (beck@)

  ~ sync.c                                ~ sync.h

  > Insert pad blocks after sub-messages to keep the structures aligned to
  > 16 byte boundaries for maximum portability (somewhat similar to CMSG's)
  > ok beck (deraadt@)

faithd

  ~ README

  > documentation tweaks. (sobrado@)

relayd

  ~ parse.y

  > missed to set the default for tables to round-robin, so it was
  > loadbalance after the grammar change. make it round-robin again. (reyk@)

  ~ relay.c                               ~ relay_udp.c
  ~ relayd.h