[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-05-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon May 12 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/socppc                          gnu/usr.bin/cvs
lib/libc                                share/man
sys/arch/socppc/conf                    sys/arch/socppc/socppc
sys/arch/socppc/stand/boot              sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/netinet6
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/dhcpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

socppc

  + Makefile                              + ramdisk/Makefile
  + ramdisk/Makefile.inc                  + ramdisk/install.md
  + ramdisk/list

  > Infrastructure to build ramdisks. (kettenis@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/07 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ src/admin.c

  > If "cvs admin" encountered an entry in CVS/Entries for a file which has no
  > (longer an) RCS file in CVSROOT, both -- GNU cvs and OpenCVS -- segfaulted.
  > ok joris (tobias@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/07 ==

  ~ net/res_send.c

  > garbage collect the portability bits for the removed select() support.
  > ok djm@ deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ db/hash/hash.c                        ~ db/hash/hash_page.c

  > Fix a crash when iterating over a hash and removing its elements.
  > From Patrick Keshishian.  OK pvalchev@ (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/axe.4

  > Add the Buffalo (MELCO) LUA-U2-GT id.
  > ok jsg@ (brad@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > document port-lib-depends-check and print-plist-with-depends, goes into
  > some
  > details of the tradeoffs involved.
  > Also update my copyright. (espie@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > remove final ' ' to please jmc@ (espie@)

  ~ man5/Makefile                         + man5/port-modules.5

  > Document port modules, nroff input by jmc. (espie@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > fix module name, as noticed by steven@ (espie@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > fix list of modules to be documented soon (espie@)

  ~ man3/Makefile                         ~ man3/tree.3

  > Add RB_PROTOTYPE_STATIC, RB_GENERATE_STATIC, RB_PREV, RB_NFIND,
  > and RB_FOREACH_REVERSE from FreeBSD.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/socppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Remove the "option USB_DEBUG" that crept in by accident. (kettenis@)

  + RAMDISK

  > We'll need a RAMDISK kernel too. (kettenis@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ locore.S

  > Re-enable code to initialize esym. (kettenis@)

  ~ locore.S

  > Make sure we can still boot kernels directly from u-boot. (kettenis@)

arch/socppc/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile                              ~ exec.c

  > Pass arguments and symbol table more or less the same way as
  > OpenBSD/macppc. (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ xl.c

  > Fix a typo with the media duplex flag being used for AUI connections
  > so that the status routine will properly display half duplex instead
  > of full.
  > ok henning@ krw@ (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Revert the last commit as this is not the proper way of fixing the issue.
  > ok krw@ (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > More E1000 PCI ids for ICH9 and ICH10. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Remove special casing of the BCM5700 B2 chipset so that this revision also
  > uses MII interrupts to detect link state transitions as is done for all of
  > the other BCM5700 revisions, without this change link state transitions
  > are not being detected at all.
  > ok kettenis@ (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs.h

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > Add the USB id for the Melco (Buffalo) LUA-U2-GT Ethernet adapter.
  > From the Linux ASIX driver (brad@)

  ~ if_axe.c

  > Add the Buffalo (MELCO) LUA-U2-GT id.
  > ok jsg@ (brad@)

kern

  ~ kern_fork.c

  > share signal handlers for rthreads.  from philip guenther (tedu@)

  ~ kern_exit.c                           ~ kern_fork.c

  > set p_flag to 0 sooner, so we don't overwrite the thread flag.  and
  > correctly
  > free things when exiting a threaded proc.  from philip guenther (tedu@)

net

  ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > When passing opt[] array as an argument, use opt instead of &opt. While
  > they point to the same address, this is more readable. ok claudio@
  > (canacar@)

  ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > Check to make sure pp_tlf is not NULL in sppp_keepalive() before calling
  > it.
  > From NetBSD
  > ok canacar@ (brad@)

netinet

  ~ if_ether.c

  > Try harder to avoid corrupting the mbuf pool. Stuff any mbuf chain in
  > ln_hold or la_hold into temporary storage and null ln_hold or
  > la_hold before manually processing the mbuf chain. Discard the mbuf chain
  > if it is put back in the hold area.
  > ok claudio@ markus@ (krw@)

netinet6

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ nd6_nbr.c

  > Try harder to avoid corrupting the mbuf pool. Stuff any mbuf chain in
  > ln_hold or la_hold into temporary storage and null ln_hold or
  > la_hold before manually processing the mbuf chain. Discard the mbuf chain
  > if it is put back in the hold area.
  > ok claudio@ markus@ (krw@)

  ~ icmp6.c                               ~ in6.c
  ~ in6_ifattach.c                        ~ nd6.c
  ~ nd6_rtr.c

  > rtrequest to rtrequest1 conversion in inet6. With that no rtrequest should
  > be left over. OK henning@ (claudio@)

sys

  ~ tree.h

  > Add RB_PROTOTYPE_STATIC, RB_GENERATE_STATIC, RB_PREV, RB_NFIND,
  > and RB_FOREACH_REVERSE from FreeBSD.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ rcs.c

  > Memory leak in rcs_delta_stats plugged.
  > ok joris (tobias@)

  ~ admin.c

  > If "cvs admin" encountered an entry in CVS/Entries for a file which has no
  > (longer an) RCS file in CVSROOT, both -- GNU cvs and OpenCVS -- segfaulted.
  > ok joris (tobias@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.c

  > Memory leak in rcs_delta_stats plugged.