[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-11-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Nov 25 07:00:01 GMT 2008

distrib/sets                            distrib/sgi
lib/libc                                regress/usr.bin
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/armish/conf                    sys/arch/hppa/conf
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/isa                       sys/arch/landisk/conf
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/arch/zaurus/conf
sys/conf                                sys/dev
sys/dev/bluetooth                       sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/gpio                            sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/sdmmc                           sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/netbt                               sys/nfs
sys/sys                                 sys/ufs/ext2fs
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/dc
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/sudo
usr.sbin/btctl                          usr.sbin/btd
usr.sbin/crunchgen                      usr.sbin/dvmrpd
usr.sbin/gpioctl                        usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/smtpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.socppc                  ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

sgi

  ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > Change mips detection in crunchgen from ifdef to command line flag
  > ok deraadt@, fkr@, rainer at . manpage cleanup thanks to jmc@ (drahn@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ net/getifaddrs.c

  > Correctly jump over routing headers and calculate the size of the if_data
  > struct in the if_msghdr instead of using sizeof() blindly. This allows us
  > to grow if_data without causing issues for the getifaddrs() users.
  > OK deraadt@ (who needs this for some cool upcomming stuff) (claudio@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

usr.bin

  ~ make/Makefile                         + make/mk28

  > new regress test, bug from NetBSD (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > remove trailing "\n" from errx() (stevesk@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/gpio.4

  > Document recent changes (two new ioctls). (mbalmer@)

  ~ man4/gpioow.4                         ~ man4/gpioiic.4

  > Document SYNOPSIS for attachment of these devices at runtime. (mbalmer@)

  ~ man4/gpio.4

  > - tweak previous
  > - make the ioctl list non-compact, and kill .Pp
  > - kill .Tn (jmc@)

  ~ man4/gpioow.4                         ~ man4/gpioiic.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  + man4/btsco.4

  > man page for it (uwe@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ pmap.c

  > In pmap_clear_attrs() use i386_atomic_clearbits_l() to only clear the
  > bits necessary. Also move up the pmap_map_ptes() call to before the
  > diagnostic check. okay art@, weingart@ (kurt@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > In pmap_write_protect() clear and set the protection bits atomically and
  > leave the rest alone. Also don't read *spte twice and compare results.
  > feedback drahn@ okay art@ weingart@ (kurt@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > - Remove the special case for one page pmap_remove, it's useless.
  > - Move the code that drops a ptp into a function and use that
  > in both pmap_do_remove and pmap_page_remove.
  > - In pmap_do_remove, instead of flushing the whole range from the tlb
  > at the same time, shoot one PDE at a time. It will allow us to skip
  > empty PDEs and reduces the amount of work one IPI has to do (although
  > we'll get more IPIs).
  > ok toby@ "I won't protest" deraadt@ (art@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > oops.
  > something snuck in here that wasn't supposed to be.
  > noticed by yuo@ (art@)

arch/i386/isa

  - pccom.c                               - pccomvar.h

  > die die die (deraadt@)

arch/landisk/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ vcons.c

  > Only schedule a soft interrupt if the device has been opened (and sc_tty
  > has been initialized). (kettenis@)

arch/zaurus/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

conf

  ~ files

  > marco reminds me that these files changed too (tedu@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c

  > Seed the random pool with the dmesg buffer at randomattach().
  > This lets early arc4random() calls to return at least non-uniqe values
  > on different machines. The dmesg will have different MAC addresses,
  > etc. Also ignore the entropy count in arc4_stir, and just take what's
  > there. sizeof(struct timeval) should be sizof(struct timespec)
  > This was forgotten when we switched to nanotime.
  > With help from mickey.
  > OK djm@, deraadt@ (mpf@)

  ~ rnd.c

  > allow entropy to be queued before randomattach() is called
  > worked on with djm (deraadt@)

  ~ rnd.c

  > extra decl not needed; spotted by djm (deraadt@)

dev/bluetooth

  ~ bthidev.c

  > Respond to incoming connections, not only after we initiated the first one.
  > Someone must have fumbled with this line by accident while doing the
  > original port of the driver. (uwe@)

  ~ files.bluetooth                       + btsco.c
  + btsco.h

  > Import btsco(4) from NetBSD to work on it (uwe@)

  ~ btdev.h

  > add BTDEV_NONE (uwe@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ cardslot.c                            ~ cardslotvar.h

  > use workq instead of crafting our own kthread, since the tasks being done
  > are fairly small.  tested by a few, and kettenis says he will test it
  > sooner
  > if it is commited... (deraadt@)

dev/gpio

  ~ files.gpio                            ~ gpio.c
  ~ gpioiic.c                             ~ gpioow.c
  ~ gpiovar.h

  > - Add two new ioctls to gpio(4), GPIOATTACH and GPIODETACH, to allow to
  > attach
  > and detach devices on a gpiobus at runtime.  The offset and mask locators
  > in kernel config files can still be used for static configuration, so this
  > does not break existing custome kernel configs.
  > - Have gpioow(4) unmap the pins it used from the gpiobus during detach
  > Changes to gpioctl(8) will be a separate committ.
  > ok uwe (mbalmer@)

dev/i2c

  ~ spdmem.c

  > remove more logically irrelevant DDR code from the SDR function;  ok jsg
  > (cnst@)

dev/ic

  ~ aac.c                                 ~ adv.c
  ~ adw.c                                 ~ aic6360.c
  ~ aic79xx_openbsd.c                     ~ aic7xxx_openbsd.c
  ~ bha.c                                 ~ dpt.c
  ~ gdt_common.c                          ~ iha.c
  ~ ncr5380sbc.c                          ~ ncr53c9x.c
  ~ osiop.c                               ~ siop.c
  ~ trm.c                                 ~ uha.c

  > Return NO_CCB instead of TRY_AGAIN_LATER when ccb's run out.
  > "I'm all for it." marco@ "Yeah" deraadt@ (krw@)

  - com_subr.c

  > die die die (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/i915_drv.c                        ~ drm/mach64_drv.c
  ~ drm/mga_drv.c                         ~ drm/r128_drv.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c                      ~ drm/savage_drv.c

  > oops. Use the correct struct member to map so that radeon doesn't panic
  > on X startup.
  > found by ckuethe@ (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_drv.c
  ~ drm/drm_ioctl.c

  > instead of functions that just return an error, just inline them into
  > the ioctl handler. (oga@)

  ~ drm/radeon_cp.c

  > we're a real device now and we don't on-demand allocate our softc. Do
  > not zero it during the cleanup ioctl. (oga@)

  ~ drm/i915_dma.c

  > use dev->dmat.  Missed this one in an earlier diff. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_agpsupport.c
  ~ drm/drm_drv.c                         ~ drm/i915_dma.c
  ~ drm/i915_drv.c                        ~ drm/mach64_drv.c
  ~ drm/mga_dma.c                         ~ drm/mga_drv.c
  ~ drm/r128_drv.c                        ~ drm/radeon_drv.c
  ~ drm/savage_drv.c                      ~ drm/sis_drv.c
  ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c

  > make device works out if it's agp and tells the drm driver, not the
  > other way round. More dev->pa reduction (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_drv.c
  ~ drm/drm_ioctl.c                       ~ drm/drm_irq.c
  ~ drm/drm_memory.c                      ~ drm/i915_drv.c
  ~ drm/mach64_drv.c                      ~ drm/mga_drv.c
  ~ drm/r128_drv.c                        ~ drm/radeon_drv.c
  ~ drm/savage_drv.c                      ~ drm/sis_drv.c
  ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c

  > change drm_attach_mi to drm_attach_pci. we take the pci_attach_args, and
  > setup the drm_attach_args with the needed information.
  > require interface version 1.1 libdrm has been requesting it for ages),
  > which means that we can set the busid string at attach time. (generated in
  > drm_attach_pci), also pass in the interrupt line and bst.
  > Now we don't need dev->pa at all, so remove it, finally. (oga@)

  ~ drm/mga_drv.c

  > This got lost somehow. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > actually set the bus_space_tag (oga@)

  ~ drm/mach64_dma.c

  > use irq_enabled instead of irq. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_bufs.c
  ~ drm/drm_dma.c                         ~ drm/i915_drv.c
  ~ drm/mach64_drv.c                      ~ drm/mga_dma.c
  ~ drm/mga_drv.h                         ~ drm/mga_state.c
  ~ drm/r128_cce.c                        ~ drm/r128_drv.h
  ~ drm/r128_state.c                      ~ drm/r300_cmdbuf.c
  ~ drm/radeon_cp.c                       ~ drm/radeon_drv.h
  ~ drm/radeon_state.c                    ~ drm/savage_bci.c
  ~ drm/savage_drv.h                      ~ drm/savage_state.c
  ~ drm/sis_drv.c                         ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c

  > Instead of having a ``private data'' pointer in the dma buffers, just
  > ask the driver how large they need the structure we allocate to be, and
  > use inheritance like we do for struct device. Simplifies things a little
  > bit and saves us a pointer. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_drv.c
  ~ drm/i915_dma.c                        ~ drm/i915_drv.c
  ~ drm/i915_drv.h                        ~ drm/r128_drv.c
  ~ drm/r128_drv.h                        ~ drm/r128_state.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c                      ~ drm/radeon_drv.h
  ~ drm/radeon_state.c

  > do the same for struct drm_file (file_priv) as previously done for
  > dma_bufs; allow the driver to provide the size and not have the private
  > data pointer.  only radeon only needs this so far, but intel with GEM
  > also needs it.
  > Postclose was only used for freeing said private data, so this allows me
  > to remove the postclose callback and rename preclose to close. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > don't free extent on lastclose, it's static data now. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drm_bufs.c

  > Don't unmap REGISTERS maps, we don't map them anymore. (oga@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/i915_irq.c
  ~ drm/mga_irq.c                         ~ drm/radeon_irq.c

  > Fixup wakeup pointers. interrupts work properly again. (oga@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > drop the requirement that the rx ring has to be filled with mbufs. we only
  > fill a slot when the mbuf allocator gives us an mbuf cluster. (dlg@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > switch from using MCLGET to MCLGETI for clusters going onto the rx ring.
  > this causes vic to start up with 4 mbufs on the ring, and the allocator
  > will let it increase the number of rx mbufs as usage demands.
  > testing shows that i need only 20 to 30 mbufs on the rx ring to
  > cope with full speed io. we used to always put 100 on the ring, so
  > we're now saving 140k of kernerl virtual address space (70 *
  > MCLBYTES).
  > this relies on the previous commit that copes with failures of mbuf
  > allocation in the rx path.
  > similar changes must be made to all the other drivers. i'll happily review
  > diffs people send in. SUBTLE HINTS ARE COMING YOUR WAY. (dlg@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > enable the use of the second rx ring. populate it with 4k frames until the
  > 9k backend allocator is available.
  > vic is the first driver to properly support "jumbo" frames. this is the
  > model every other driver should follow. (dlg@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > some whitespace fixes in em_rxeof (dlg@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_bufs.c
  ~ drm/drm_dma.c                         ~ drm/i915_drv.c
  ~ drm/mach64_drv.c                      ~ drm/mga_drv.h
  ~ drm/mga_state.c                       ~ drm/r128_cce.c
  ~ drm/r128_drv.h                        ~ drm/r128_state.c
  ~ drm/r300_cmdbuf.c                     ~ drm/radeon_cp.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.h                      ~ drm/radeon_state.c
  ~ drm/savage_bci.c                      ~ drm/savage_drv.h
  ~ drm/sis_drv.c                         ~ drm/tdfx_drv.c

  > back out the buf_priv change. it made some incorrect assumptions and
  > broke radeondrm. Fixing it is ugly, so another change will have to be made
  > later.
  > I /hate/ the drm_buf api, it will die as soon as it can. (oga@)

  ~ drm/radeon_cp.c                       ~ drm/radeon_irq.c
  ~ drm/radeon_state.c

  > destatic radeondrm almost completely. I'm sick of ddb lying to me.
  > shaves a few bytes, but that's just gravy. (oga@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > switch from 4k to 9k frames on the jumbo ring now the cluster allocator is
  > able to give them to me. (dlg@)

  ~ if_vic.c

  > no 9k cluster allocator yet, switch back to 4k. (dlg@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > Make sure we do not DRM_UNLOCK() twice.
  > ok oga@ (dhill@)

  ~ drm/ati_pcigart.c                     ~ drm/radeon_cp.c
  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c                      ~ drm/radeon_state.c

  > Work around the stupidity of radeondrm by double checking that things are
  > running before we play with things.
  > Lots more cleanup needed, but now you can shut X without it crashing.
  > (oga@)

  ~ pucdata.c

  > The Exsys EX-1372 uses a 8x clock.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/sdmmc

  ~ sdmmc.c                               ~ sdmmc_io.c
  ~ sdmmc_mem.c                           ~ sdmmc_scsi.c
  ~ sdmmcvar.h

  > Rework sdmmc locking to remove recursion
  > Add SDMMC_ASSERT_LOCKED(), replacing many locking calls, and sprinkling
  > the assertion to make sure that future changes don't catch us out
  > "please commit" uwe@ (blambert@)

  > sync (drahn@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > device id for OpenMoko, ok oga@ (drahn@)

  ~ usb_subr.c

  > change a device descriptor get logic during the enumeration process.
  > Some device could not handle the device descriptor request
  > with short bLength (less than the device descriptor size(18 byte)).
  > To handle such kind of devices, add complemental request loop to
  > current logic.
  > (memo: and I also found a device which can not response to any device
  > descriptor request. It always returns only 8 byte-length head of the
  > descriptor for 1st query. This is the reason why the device descriptor
  > loop of this usb subsystem start with 8-byte length query.) (yuo@)

  ~ uvideo.c

  > More sanitizing for wrong bDefaultFrameIndex values.  Fixes a panic
  > at attach time for devices which set bDefaultFrameIndex larger than
  > the existing frame descriptors.
  > Spotted, tested, and OK yuo@ (mglocker@)

kern

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c                           ~ uipc_socket2.c

  > add several backend pools to allocate mbufs clusters of various sizes out
  > of. currently limited to MCLBYTES (2048 bytes) and 4096 bytes until pools
  > can allocate objects of sizes greater than PAGESIZE.
  > this allows drivers to ask for "jumbo" packets to fill rx rings with.
  > the second half of this change is per interface mbuf cluster allocator
  > statistics. drivers can use the new interface (MCLGETI), which will use
  > these stats to selectively fail allocations based on demand for mbufs. if
  > the driver isnt rapidly consuming rx mbufs, we dont allow it to allocate
  > many to put on its rx ring.
  > drivers require modifications to take advantage of both the new allocation
  > semantic and large clusters.
  > this was written and developed with deraadt@ over the last two days
  > ok deraadt@ claudio@ (dlg@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > move MCLPOOLS to if.h and force uipc_mbuf.c to get if.h, there is no
  > other option
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

  ~ kern_tc.c

  > queue tc randomness when we get it.  the tc_init() ones are (might be)
  > submitted before randomattach, and thus will perturb the first arc4random()
  > call, which is very good
  > ok art djm (deraadt@)

  ~ subr_pool.c

  > Allow allocations larger than PAGE_SIZE from pools.
  > This is solved by special allocators and an obfuscated compare function
  > for the page header splay tree and some other minor adjustments.
  > At this moment, the allocator will be picked automagically by pool_init
  > and you can get a kernel_map allocator if you specify PR_WAITOK in flags
  > (XXX), default is kmem_map. This will be changed in the future once the
  > allocator code is slightly reworked. But people want to use it now.
  > "nag nag nag nag" dlg@ (art@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > enable the 8k, 9k, 12k, 16k, and 64k backend pools for the cluster
  > allocator. (dlg@)

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > art isnt handling spls properly in the pool allocator backends for big
  > objects. dmesg is being spammed with splasserts.
  > disable the 8k, 9k, 12k, 16k, and 64k backend pools for the cluster
  > allocator.
  > art will fix this when he gets back from dinner, otherwise i'll nag more.
  > (dlg@)

  ~ subr_pool.c

  > Protect kmem_map allocations with splvm.
  > This should make dlg happy. (art@)

net

  ~ if.c                                  ~ radix_mpath.c
  ~ radix_mpath.h                         ~ route.c
  ~ route.h

  > Implement link-state tracking on the routing table. Routes to interfaces
  > which are considered down will no be marked ~RTF_UP and so multipath
  > routing
  > will start to work as expected and not pump 50% of the traffic to nirvana.
  > Most of the magic happens in rn_mpath_reprio() which fiddles with the
  > routing table internals. The rest is more straight forward.
  > get it in deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ if.c                                  ~ if.h
  ~ if_ethersubr.c

  > add several backend pools to allocate mbufs clusters of various sizes out
  > of. currently limited to MCLBYTES (2048 bytes) and 4096 bytes until pools
  > can allocate objects of sizes greater than PAGESIZE.
  > this allows drivers to ask for "jumbo" packets to fill rx rings with.
  > the second half of this change is per interface mbuf cluster allocator
  > statistics. drivers can use the new interface (MCLGETI), which will use
  > these stats to selectively fail allocations based on demand for mbufs. if
  > the driver isnt rapidly consuming rx mbufs, we dont allow it to allocate
  > many to put on its rx ring.
  > drivers require modifications to take advantage of both the new allocation
  > semantic and large clusters.
  > this was written and developed with deraadt@ over the last two days
  > ok deraadt@ claudio@ (dlg@)

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pf_if.c
  ~ pf_ioctl.c                            ~ pf_table.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > Fix splasserts seen in pr 5987 by propagating a flag that discribes
  > whether we're called from the interrupt context to the functions
  > performing allocations.
  > Looked at by mpf@ and henning@, tested by mpf@ and Antti Harri,
  > the pr originator.
  > ok tedu (mikeb@)

  ~ if.h

  > move MCLPOOLS to if.h and force uipc_mbuf.c to get if.h, there is no
  > other option
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

  ~ if_gif.c

  > Remove the IFF_OACTIVE dance in gif_start this is not needed because start
  > functions will never ever be called in parallel. dlg@ concured (claudio@)

netbt

  ~ bt_proto.c

  > hopefully that unbreaks macppc; reported by todd and mk (uwe@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_subs.c

  > use the shiny new nitems macro (thib@)

sys

  ~ gpio.h

  > - Add two new ioctls to gpio(4), GPIOATTACH and GPIODETACH, to allow to
  > attach
  > and detach devices on a gpiobus at runtime.  The offset and mask locators
  > in kernel config files can still be used for static configuration, so this
  > does not break existing custome kernel configs.
  > - Have gpioow(4) unmap the pins it used from the gpiobus during detach
  > Changes to gpioctl(8) will be a separate committ.
  > ok uwe (mbalmer@)

  ~ gpio.h

  > The mask is actually u_int32_t, not int. (mbalmer@)

  ~ mbuf.h                                ~ param.h

  > add several backend pools to allocate mbufs clusters of various sizes out
  > of. currently limited to MCLBYTES (2048 bytes) and 4096 bytes until pools
  > can allocate objects of sizes greater than PAGESIZE.
  > this allows drivers to ask for "jumbo" packets to fill rx rings with.
  > the second half of this change is per interface mbuf cluster allocator
  > statistics. drivers can use the new interface (MCLGETI), which will use
  > these stats to selectively fail allocations based on demand for mbufs. if
  > the driver isnt rapidly consuming rx mbufs, we dont allow it to allocate
  > many to put on its rx ring.
  > drivers require modifications to take advantage of both the new allocation
  > semantic and large clusters.
  > this was written and developed with deraadt@ over the last two days
  > ok deraadt@ claudio@ (dlg@)

  ~ gpio.h

  > Comment structure fields. (mbalmer@)

  ~ param.h

  > move MCLPOOLS to if.h and force uipc_mbuf.c to get if.h, there is no
  > other option
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

  ~ mbuf.h

  > Bye bye MEXTMALLOC you're not used and you should not be used. You're evil.
  > (claudio@)

  ~ mbuf.h

  > Let MRESETDATA follow MEXTMALLOC. That macro is way to dangerous but
  > luckily
  > it is unused. (claudio@)

  ~ mbuf.h

  > Another unused macro that needs to go is MCHTYPE. Changing the allocation
  > type of a mbuf after creation is just wrong. (claudio@)

  ~ mbuf.h

  > MCLADDREFERENCE() was the last user of MBUFLOCK() inline the code and
  > remove
  > MBUFLOCK() (claudio@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_vfsops.c

  > styled code is happy code (tedu@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_init.c

  > init uvm_km_page memory a bit earlier to reduce pressure on pmap bootstrap
  > pages.
  > "looks good/no problems with it" tedu@ miod@ art@ (kurt@)

  ~ uvm_pager.c                           ~ uvm_pager.h

  > garbage collect uvm_errno2vmerror();
  > ok miod@, art@ (thib@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

dc

  ~ bcode.c

  > although there's no EOF condition defined for the handling of '?',
  > but anyway reset the eof condition on stdin, so you don't get an
  > infinite loop in the typical program after a ^D.
  > reported by Tamas TEVESZ. (otto@)

make

  ~ cond.c

  > fix a very old bug. Fix discovered in NetBSD by miod@ (espie@)

sudo

  ~ ChangeLog                             ~ sudoers.pod
  ~ toke.l                                ~ auth/pam.c

  > Fix typo in sudoers man page (from Markus Lude)
  > Fix parsing error with lines that only contain a comment char (millert@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

btctl

  + Makefile                              + btctl.c
  + btctl.h                               + parse.y

  > Bluetooth daemon and contrl utility, one for all, work in progress (uwe@)

btd

  + Makefile                              + bt.c
  + btd.c                                 + btd.h
  + conf.c                                + control.c
  + db.c                                  + devinfo.c
  + hci.c                                 + log.c
  + parse.y                               + sdp.c
  + util.c

  > Bluetooth daemon and contrl utility, one for all, work in progress (uwe@)

crunchgen

  ~ crunchgen.8                           ~ crunchgen.c
  ~ elf_hide.c

  > Change mips detection in crunchgen from ifdef to command line flag
  > ok deraadt@, fkr@, rainer at . manpage cleanup thanks to jmc@ (drahn@)

  ~ crunchgen.8

  > zap trailing whitespace; (jmc@)

dvmrpd

  ~ rde.h                                 ~ rde_srt.c

  > Introduce support for route hold down.
  > When a route is deleted we must continue advertising it with
  > a metric of infinity to avoid routing loops.
  > OK norby@ (michele@)

gpioctl

  ~ gpioctl.8                             ~ gpioctl.c

  > Add and document -A and -D options to attach or detach devices at
  > runtime to a gpio bus.
  > ok uwe, drahn (mbalmer@)

  ~ gpioctl.8                             ~ gpioctl.c

  > - tweak previous
  > - kill .Tn (jmc@)

ospfd

  ~ database.c                            ~ ospfd.c
  ~ ospfd.h                               ~ ospfe.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c
  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > Initial support for stub areas. The bit still missing is the redistribution
  > of the default summary net lsa on ABRs but that is comming. OK norby@
  > (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ mta.c                                 ~ smtp.c

  > - not really a bug since we don't use other descriptor flags, but in
  > smtp_setup_events() and mta_connect(), our fcntl() use clears
  > flags. use session_socket_blockmode() instead, it makes more
  > sense anyway. From Jacek Masiulaniec <jacekm at dobremiasto.net> (gilles@)

  ~ queue.c                               ~ smtp_session.c