[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-10-13

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Oct 14 07:00:01 BST 2008

lib/librthread                          regress/usr.bin
share/man                               share/zoneinfo
sys/dev/pci                             sys/netinet

== lib =============================================================== 01/04 ==

librthread

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread_attr.c
  ~ rthread_sync.c                        ~ rthread_tls.c

  > use calloc() instead of malloc() and memset()
  > "look good" tedu@ (kevlo@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/04 ==

usr.bin

  + sed/dc.expected                       + sed/dc.in
  + sed/dc.sed

  > Add sed-based dc(1) clone.	This exposes a long-standing bug in BSD sed
  > Not hooked up to regress yet since sed gets in a tight cpu loop. (millert@)

  ~ sed/Makefile

  > cleanup (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 03/04 ==

  ~ man4/iwn.4

  > document 5000 Series support and new firmware url. (damien@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/africa                       ~ datfiles/asia
  ~ datfiles/southamerica                 ~ datfiles/zone.tab

  > update to tzdata2008g from elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/04 ==

  ~ if_iwn.c                              ~ if_iwnreg.h
  ~ if_iwnvar.h

  > Almost complete rewrite of iwn(4).
  > Add support for Intel WiFi Link 5000 Series adapters (5100/5150/5300/5350).
  > Quite frankly, Intel made things unnecessarily difficult by gratuitously
  > changing firmware commands (adding new fields in the middle of a struct)
  > and some register offsets for the 5000 Series and by defining yet another
  > way of loading a firmware.
  > I had to write a hardware abstraction layer to manage those differences.
  > Committed over a 5300 adapter (3T3R).
  > Require an upgrade of the iwn-firmware package, even for 4965AGN users.
  > Not tested on 5100, 5150 and 5350 (test reports are more than welcomed.)
  > There should be no regression on the 4965AGN. (damien@)

netinet

  ~ udp_usrreq.c