[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-10-20

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Oct 21 07:00:01 BST 2008

lib/libc                                sbin/ifconfig
sys/dev/mii                             sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/nfs
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/ypldap

== lib =============================================================== 01/04 ==

  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > oops, assign errno the right way. caught by david running regress tests
  > (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/04 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.8

  > add an example of how to scan for wireless networks, since it is not
  > immediately obvious from reading the main text or the wireless pages;
  > i killed the "ifconfig gif1 destroy" example to do this, since i want to
  > keep EXAMPLES relatively short, and we already provide an example of
  > how to create an interface; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

dev/mii

  ~ jmphy.c

  > Enable the Gig master mode status display. (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ti.c

  > - Remove tmp variable sumflags in ti_rxeof() and just stick the csum
  > Ok flag into the header field, like every other driver.
  > - Move the sanity checks in the packet encapsulation routines up above
  > the for loop since the number of DMA segments is already known and
  > there is no need to count the iterations through the loop.
  > - If the encapsulation routine fails after calling bus_dmamap_load_mbuf()
  > then make sure to unload the DMA map. (brad@)

  ~ if_skreg.h

  > typo, regisrers -> registers (brad@)

  ~ if_jme.c                              ~ if_jmevar.h

  > Remove ioctl handlers for MTU changing and multicast, they're already
  > handled by ether_ioctl() and simplify the interface flags handler.
  > ok jsg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_jme.c

  > Enable support for RX checksum offload, RX VLAN tag stripping and TX
  > VLAN tag insertion.
  > ok jsg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_jme.c

  > oops, testing printf shouldn't have been commited. (brad@)

  ~ auacer.c

  > - Remove sys/cdefs.h header.
  > - Make use of pci_matchbyid().
  > - Replace magic number with PCI_MAPREG_START for the PCI BAR.
  > - Remove redundant code to enable PCI bus mastering which is already
  > dealt with by pci_mapreg_map().
  > ok mikeb@ (brad@)

kern

  ~ vfs_cache.c

  > The optimization done in 1.19 (and repaired in 1.20) results in
  > cache entries which are freed (and potentially reused), but which are
  > currently in use by another kernel thread which was sleeping in vput()
  > or vget().	This causes the crash in PR 5960, but potentially a
  > bunch of other side effects. figured out with pedro.
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_srvcache.c

  > Be pedantically correct in freeing allocated mbufs, even upon clearing
  > the server cache on shutdown.
  > ok thib@ (blambert@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

  ~ pkg_info                              ~ pkg_mklocatedb
  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Error.pm                      ~ OpenBSD/Mtree.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocator.pm             ~ OpenBSD/PackageName.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepository.pm          ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm                ~ OpenBSD/PkgConfig.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgSpec.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/RequiredBy.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/SharedLibs.pm                 ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm

  > Say goodbye to local $_
  > lexical scoping is so much neater (courtesy of perl 5.10) (espie@)

ypldap

  ~ ypldap.conf.5

  > Add 2 missing directives and remove duplicate configuration entry.
  > Thanks to: uw at o3si dot de (aschrijver@)

  ~ ldapclient.c