[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-10-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Oct 24 07:00:01 BST 2008

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/arm/include                    sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/m68k/include
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/sh/include                     sys/arch/sh/sh
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/vax/include                    sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/net80211                            sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 sys/uvm

== distrib =========================================================== 01/04 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.socppc                  ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/04 ==

  ~ time/ctime.3

  > Reword description of tm_zone and tm_gmtoff fields
  > Prompted by millert@; ok millert@ jmc@ (guenther@)

== share ============================================================= 03/04 ==

  ~ man4/it.4

  > Round up to the nearest minute 16-bit timeout values for older IT8712
  > chips. (form@)

  ~ man4/it.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/usb.4
  + man4/mos.4

  > Driver for MOSCHIP MCS7x30 usb ethernet chips by Johann Christian Rode
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/mos.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/arc.4                            ~ man4/pci.4

  > arc(4) also supports SAS adapters. (brad@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/04 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ pmap.c

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > add mos(4) to the most relevant config files (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ pmap.c

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > add mos(4) to the most relevant config files (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ va-m88k.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > add mos(4) to the most relevant config files (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ va-ppc.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/sh/sh

  ~ pmap.c

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ pmap.c

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > add mos(4) to the most relevant config files (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ vmt.c

  > use the correct idiom for NFOO things which come from "foo.h" files
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ mfi.c

  > Fix PR5645
  > ok dlg
  > tested beck and others (marco@)

  ~ ac97.c

  > reove redundant variable sample rate checks.
  > ok ratchov (a while ago) (jakemsr@)

  ~ ac97.c                                ~ ac97.h

  > S/PDIF output support in ac97(4), auich(4) and auvia(4)
  > from NetBSD
  > tested by a few with no regressions.  optical works for jsg at .
  > ok ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

dev/isa

  ~ it.c

  > Round up to the nearest minute 16-bit timeout values for older IT8712
  > chips. (form@)

dev/pci

  ~ azalia.c

  > Sve power.	Power down codec if it has no audio function groups.
  > from Alexey Suslikov, thanks (jakemsr@)

  ~ azalia_codec.c

  > - new function azalia_generic_mixer_pin_sense - configures pin direction,
  > enables EAPD when needed
  > - new function azalia_generic_mixer_create_virtual - creates some
  > well known mixer controls, such as outputs.master
  > - use the two new functions when setting up a codec with the generic
  > codec support
  > - remove explicit pindir manipulations (azalia_generic_mixer_pin_sense
  > does this automatically now)
  > - add some GPIO quirks (from FreeBSD's snd_hda)
  > - move all GPIO quirks into one place
  > - add DAC/ADC groupings and support for several more codecs using the
  > generic codec support
  > - correct Sigmatel STAC9872AK name
  > - initialize unsol_event to NULL by default
  > DAC/ADC grouping and create_virtual/pin_sense code from NetBSD.
  > GPIO quirks from FreeBSD.
  > from Alexey Suslikov, thanks (jakemsr@)

  ~ drm/drm_pciids.h

  > remove some funky characters
  > ok oga@ (jcs@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > Don't print redundant information in dmesg.
  > Prompted by deraadt, kettenis at . (oga@)

  ~ auich.c

  > enable 4 and 6 channel support.
  > tested by a few.  no regressions, but 4 and 6 channel playback
  > is not working with all codecs yet.
  > ok ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ auich.c                               ~ auvia.c
  ~ auviavar.h

  > S/PDIF output support in ac97(4), auich(4) and auvia(4)
  > from NetBSD
  > tested by a few with no regressions.  optical works for jsg at .
  > ok ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > moschip ethernet devices (deraadt@)

  ~ files.usb                             + if_mos.c
  + if_mosreg.h

  > Driver for MOSCHIP MCS7x30 usb ethernet chips by Johann Christian Rode
  > (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ subr_pool.c                           ~ vfs_cache.c

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

net

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pf_ioctl.c

  > use the correct idiom for NFOO things which come from "foo.h" files
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_node.c

  > Prevent a crash in ieee80211_setkeys() when unplugging an interface in
  > hostap mode by canceling the group rekey timeout in
  > ieee80211_node_detach().
  > ok damien (mk@)

netinet

  ~ in_pcb.c                              ~ raw_ip.c

  > use the correct idiom for NFOO things which come from "foo.h" files
  > ok dlg (deraadt@)

sys

  ~ stdarg.h

  > Move the va_copy define to <sys/stdrag.h> making sure it is uniformaly
  > protected by __ISO_C_VISIBLE > 1999.  With a little help from miod at .
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

  ~ pool.h

  > a better fix for the "uvm_km thread runs out of memory" problem.
  > add a new arg to the backend so it can tell pool to slow down.  when we get
  > this flag, yield *after* putting the page in the pool's free list.
  > whatever
  > we do, don't let the thread sleep.
  > this makes things better by still letting the thread run when a huge pf
  > request comes in, but without artificially increasing pressure on the
  > backend
  > by eating pages without feeding them forward.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_extern.h                          ~ uvm_km.c
  ~ uvm_map.c