[odc] Daily src changes for 2008-10-28

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Oct 29 07:00:01 GMT 2008

distrib/sets                            gnu/egcs
gnu/usr.bin/gcc                         lib/libsndio
share/man                               sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/netmpls
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/ypldap

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/07 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.md

  > Remove extendsidi2 expansion for now. It works, but since it only fills
  > the two SImode subregs of the DImode destination operand, this confuses
  > the register life analysis and causes gcc to emit wrong warning about
  > values not being initialized.
  > Unfortunately, the fallback logic infers a worse sequence (mov + cmp
  > against
  > zero + ext of the cmp signedness bit, instead of mov + ext of the sign
  > bit),
  > which wastes an instruction and a register.
  > This is hopefully a temporary measure until a nonconfusing flavour of the
  > fast expansion is devised (preferrably one which does not expose the
  > optimize_reg_copy_3 big-endian bug as well). (miod@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/protector.c

  > Avoid infinite recursion in search_string_def() and search_pointer_def(),
  > PR #5033; gcc 2.95 will need a similar fix (soon). (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/07 ==

libsndio

  ~ shlib_version                         ~ sndio.c
  ~ sndio.h

  > sio_initpar() is supposed to return void like the documentation
  > says according to ratchov at .  Make it so, and crank major.
  > ok ratchov@ (jsg@)

  ~ sun.c

  > fix missing n in error message (ratchov@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/jme.4

  > Update with current hw support. (brad@)

  ~ man4/bge.4                            ~ man4/bnx.4
  ~ man4/em.4                             ~ man4/ixgb.4
  ~ man4/nfe.4                            ~ man4/nge.4
  ~ man4/re.4                             ~ man4/stge.4
  ~ man4/ti.4                             ~ man4/txp.4
  ~ man4/vge.4                            ~ man4/xge.4

  > Update for VLAN tag insertion and stripping support. (brad@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > - document the fact that USE_GCC* is always set when the corresponding
  > MODULE is used
  > "go ahead" robert@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > - reverse logic for the gcc MODULES
  > ok steven@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > clarify usage of gcc3/gcc4 modules a bit more.
  > ok ajacoutot@ (steven@)

  ~ man4/pflow.4

  > mention the new pflow(4) features: bpf support and multiple interfaces
  > OK: henning@ (gollo@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/arm/arm

  ~ pmap.c

  > Do not leave pmap_cache_state pointing to freed memory if it was the
  > last process running. (drahn@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ bios.c

  > Try to use ACPI a little bit harder.  Skip it only if ncpu < 2 and the
  > SMBIOS version is < 2.4.  This lets 40-series thinkpads continue to use
  > apm.
  > worked on with kettenis (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpi.c                                 ~ mpireg.h
  ~ mpivar.h

  > Add beginings of bio.  Disabled for now.
  > dlg "go go go" (marco@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > Pointer sizeof oops (marco@)

  ~ ami.c                                 ~ amivar.h

  > Major overhaul of bio.
  > Fix set hotspare that didn't always work.
  > Fix several very subtle bugs because of firmware lies
  > Fix disk size that sometimes was incorrect
  > Only poke drives if something changed so it makes bio way faster on
  > subsequent calls
  > Tested by several folks, thanks
  > Ok dlg (marco@)

  ~ ami.c

  > Be nicer waking up.
  > prompted and ok dlg (marco@)

  ~ ami.c

  > Shut splassert up
  > Fix an undo error in previous commit (marco@)

  ~ mfi.c

  > Fix output when reporting on multivolume disk groups.
  > Reported by mitja at muzenic.net (marco@)

  > Correct MCP79 SMBus PCI id and add missing MCP79 PCI ids. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > More MCP79 Host bridge PCI ids. (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ auich.c

  > SiS 7012 uses different multichannel control bits (data from linux).
  > makes 4 channel output work for Anathae Townsend.  thanks for testing.
  > ok ratchov@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ if_nge.c

  > Re-add support TX VLAN tag insertion and RX VLAN tag stripping. (brad@)

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > Re-add support for RX VLAN tag stripping. (brad@)

  ~ if_nge.c

  > Don't need NVLAN > 0 checks around this code. (brad@)

  ~ if_ix.c

  > Fix up some of the code for VLAN tagging/stripping and checksum offload
  > support. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_ixgb.c

  > Some tweaks for the usage of NVLAN > 0 checks in the code. (brad@)

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > Remove #if NVLAN. (brad@)

  ~ if_nge.c

  > Implement a workaround for stupid hw when using VLAN stripping.  Frames
  > that are 64 bytes with a VLAN header appended like ARP frames or ICMP
  > echos are flagged as runts when the tag is stripped.
  > Issue mentioned by yongari at FreeBSD, info gleaned from the Linux driver.
  > (brad@)

  ~ mpi_pci.c

  > Add beginings of bio.  Disabled for now.
  > dlg "go go go" (marco@)

  ~ ami_pci.c

  > Major overhaul of bio.
  > Fix set hotspare that didn't always work.
  > Fix several very subtle bugs because of firmware lies
  > Fix disk size that sometimes was incorrect
  > Only poke drives if something changed so it makes bio way faster on
  > subsequent calls
  > Tested by several folks, thanks
  > Ok dlg (marco@)

  ~ mpi_pci.c

  > #include sensors (marco@)

  ~ azalia_codec.c

  > Add the MacBookPro4,1 to the list of systems with GPIO quirks and
  > needs adjustment. Allows the integrated speakers to work.
  > from Alexey Suslikov (brad@)

  ~ if_nge.c

  > #if NVLAN > 0 in one more spot. (brad@)

  ~ drm/drmP.h

  > make DRM_INFO() a bit less gross, though getting all the grossness out at
  > once is impossible; ok oga (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if_mpe.c

  > Added mpls_output() used to output mpls packets originating from local
  > host.
  > Strictly similar to mpls_input().
  > Input and OK claudio@, OK laurent@ (michele@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Show the ACTIVE flag in ifconfig for the single interface that is
  > actually active in failover mode rather than all interfaces with a
  > link. This makes it clear if the master interface is in use or one
  > of the backup links.
  > From FreeBSD
  > Tested by jmc@
  > Ok mpf@ (brad@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Feed IPv6 flow label to hash calculation.
  > From FreeBSD
  > Ok mpf@ (brad@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > In trunk_lb_start() port % count will never be greater than
  > TRUNK_MAX_PORTS so nuke the test.
  > From FreeBSD
  > Ok mpf@ (brad@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > In trunk_media_status() mark the interface as active if any ports are
  > active rather than just the primary being UP.
  > From FreeBSD
  > Ok mpf@ (brad@)

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Remove return at the end of a void function. (brad@)

  ~ if_pflow.c                            ~ if_pflow.h

  > add support for multiple pflow(4) interfaces
  > OK: claudio@ henning@ (gollo@)

  ~ pf.c

  > Always skip "urpf-failed" test for IPv6 link local addresses.
  > We could re-embed the scope-id before we do the route lookup,
  > but then we would just find the very interface we've received
  > the packet on anyway.
  > OK markus@, claudio@, henning@ (mpf@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Do not keep retrying to send advertisements if there is
  > no carpdev configured.
  > I don't see how we can run into this at all, but let's
  > leave this test for a a little extra safety.
  > OK henning@ (mpf@)

netmpls

  ~ mpls.h                                + mpls_output.c

  > Added mpls_output() used to output mpls packets originating from local
  > host.
  > Strictly similar to mpls_input().
  > Input and OK claudio@, OK laurent@ (michele@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

aucat

  ~ Makefile

  > Use -Werror unconditionnaly again. (miod@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm

  > "destate" comments, let them know in which cwd they stand.
  > This is actually useful for update-plist... (espie@)

  ~ pod/OpenBSD::PackingElement.pod

  > NewUser and NewGroup are subclasses of NewAuth (espie@)

ypldap

  ~ Makefile                              ~ aldap.c
  ~ ldapclient.c                          ~ parse.y
  ~ ypldap.h                              + ypldap_dns.c