[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-04-13

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 14 07:00:01 BST 2009

distrib/miniroot                        lib/csu
lib/libsndio                            regress/usr.bin
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/pci
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/sgi/conf
sys/arch/sgi/dev                        sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/arch/sgi/pci                        sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/sgi/xbow                       sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/nfs                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/ftp                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > use the new ftp -T title mode to compress the install script output
  > a bit more (and it is a lot prettier, too) ok krw (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Print the sets list in 3 columns.  Some pathological case handling for
  > extremely siteXX-stupidlonghostname.tgz files worked out with krw
  > The shell script output is now substantially shorter than it was before
  > and blind people will appreciate this in our next release. (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > krw says comments only stripped when alone on a line (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sh

  > Don't try to read or remove a non-existant /tmp/hosts file. This can
  > happen if no interfaces are configured during an install. Noticed by
  > jsing at .
  > Diff from jsing@, only slightly tweaked. (krw@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

csu

  ~ common_elf/crtbegin.c                 ~ common_elf/crtbeginS.c
  ~ common_elf/crtend.c                   ~ common_elf/crtendS.c

  > Add gcj java class registration hooks for gcc3 elf archs. From NetBSD
  > with minor differences.
  > okay kettenis@ drahn@ (kurt@)

libsndio

  ~ sndio.h

  > protypes in sndio.h make reference to struct pollfd; applications
  > that don't use sys/poll.h, wont compile with gcc2. Fix this by
  > declaring the pollfd structure
  > spotted by and ok deraadt (ratchov@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/07 ==

usr.bin

  ~ mdoclint/mdoclint

  > A few tweaks:
  > - display only section headers in warning messages if -w (asked by jmc@)
  > - better fix option: have process_line return the processed line, and use
  > that info.
  > - return proper line for comments (noticed by Thomas Klausner)
  > - let more code run always, only display warnings when wanted
  > - sorting of see also should be case-insensitive (noticed by jmc@) (espie@)

  ~ mdoclint/mdoclint.1

  > Add myself to AUTHORS list, as suggested by Thomas.
  > Always cool to see email addresses @netbsd/@openbsd in the same program ;)
  > (espie@)

  ~ mdoclint/mdoclint.1

  > document -w; ok espie wiz at netbsd (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > sort OPTIONS; (jmc@)

  ~ man7/packages.7

  > explicitely say that package signatures contain run time dependencies
  > only and no pure build dependencies; ok jmc@ (schwarze@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ pci_machdep.c

  > Ignore zero-sized regions from the BIOS memory map when reserving root PCI
  > bus address space.	Fixes a problem reported by david at . (kettenis@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_machdep.c

  > Ignore zero-sized regions from the BIOS memory map when reserving root PCI
  > bus address space.	Fixes a problem reported by david at . (kettenis@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Remove commented out debug options. (miod@)

  ~ RAMDISK

  > Add missing option BOOT_CONFIG (miod@)

  ~ files.sgi

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ dsrtc.c

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

  ~ owmac.c

  > Also match on Uniqueware family 0x91, and correctly report the third byte
  > of the Ethernet address. (miod@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ bus.h                                 + mnode.h

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

arch/sgi/pci

  ~ ioc.c

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ ip30_machdep.c                        + ip27_machdep.c
  + sginode.c

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  ~ files.xbow                            ~ xbow.c
  ~ xbow.h                                ~ xbridge.c

  > The start of Origin 200 support. Based on some code contributed by pefo@
  > some years ago for KL enumeration, building on the existing XBow support
  > to limit ourselves to a single node for now.
  > This is a work-in-progress; it currently lacks complete interrupt code,
  > as well as PCI resource management. And there are likely bugs creeping
  > inside. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ cpu.c

  > Explicitly test whether the SUNW,start-cpu-by-cpuid interface is available
  > instead of assuming it is.	Makes sure we actually spin up the secondary
  > CPUs on Serengeti machines with certain firmware revisions.
  > Tested by Christophe Latt. (kettenis@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_serv.c                            ~ nfs_subs.c
  ~ nfs_var.h                             ~ nfs_vfsops.c
  ~ nfs_vnops.c                           ~ nfsm_subs.h

  > Convert macros to functions to reduce kernel memory usage.
  > In snaps for a while (way too long, according to deraadt@) (blambert@)

uvm

  ~ uvm.h                                 ~ uvm_page.c
  ~ uvm_page.h                            ~ uvm_pdaemon.c
  ~ uvm_vnode.c

  > Convert the page queue lock to a mutex instead of a simplelock.
  > Fix up the one case of lock recursion (which blatantly ignored the
  > comment right above it saying that we don't need to lock). The rest of
  > the lock usage has been checked and appears to be correct.
  > ok ariane at . (oga@)

ftp

  ~ extern.h                              ~ ftp.1
  ~ main.c                                ~ util.c

  > add a "-T title" option to ftp; this is is used in progress bar mode to
  > show which filename is being used. ok krw, mdoc repair from jmc (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > fix possessive; ok djm@ (stevesk@)