[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-04-14

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Apr 15 07:00:01 BST 2009

distrib/sets                            etc/Makefile
share/man                               share/zoneinfo
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/alpha/dev
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/aviion/dev
sys/arch/hppa/dev                       sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa64/dev                     sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/landisk/landisk                sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/socppc/socppc
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/net80211                            sys/sys
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/file
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/dvmrpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/06 ==

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > build release sets before kernels (so that bsd.rd can know about at least
  > some of the sets) (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > tweak OPTIONS; also there is no need to given an example of every "set"
  > argument, so remove any examples that were not particularly illustrative;
  > ok henning (jmc@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > tweak TABLES; (jmc@)

  ~ man9/uvm.9

  > manpage bits for uvm_pglistalloc() changes.
  > Couple of tweaks from jmc@ (oga@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/asia

  > Update to tzdata2009f from elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ cpu.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/alpha/dev

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable ix(4).
  > ok reyk@ (jsg@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ bus_dma.c                             ~ pmap.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/aviion/dev

  ~ if_le_syscon.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ astro.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/hppa64/dev

  ~ astro.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ mainbus.c                             ~ pmap.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable ix(4).
  > ok reyk@ (jsg@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ if_mc_obio.c                          ~ if_sn.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ iommu.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ iommu.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ machdep.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

dev/isa

  ~ aha.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bnx.c

  > Don't free an mbuf that's still on the TX queue.  While there sanitize the
  > function signature of bnx_tx_encap() such that people don't get weird ideas
  > like this again.
  > ok dlg@ (kettenis@)

  ~ if_sis.c                              ~ if_sisreg.h

  > Convert sis(4) to MCLGETI() and make soekris suck much less. With this the
  > little green slug does not block userland even when hammered with twice as
  > much traffic it can handle. Almost the same code I came up during h2k8 but
  > now with two other bugs fixed that where exposed by MCLGETI().
  > Tested and OK dlg@ sthen@ and a lot of pushing by Theo. (claudio@)

  ~ drm/i915_irq.c                        ~ drm/mach64_dma.c
  ~ drm/r300_reg.h

  > Fixed a few the-the misspellings in comments. Skipped a bunch in
  > binutils,gcc and so on. ok jmc@ (jj@)

kern

  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_sched.c
  ~ kern_synch.c                          ~ sched_bsd.c

  > Some tweaks to the cpu affinity code.
  > - Split up choosing of cpu between fork and "normal" cases. Fork is
  > very different and should be treated as such.
  > - Instead of implicitly choosing a cpu in setrunqueue, do it outside
  > where it actually makes sense.
  > - Just because a cpu is marked as idle doesn't mean it will be soon.
  > There could be a thundering herd effect if we call wakeup from an
  > interrupt handler, so subtract cpus with queued processes when
  > deciding which cpu is actually idle.
  > - some simplifications allowed by the above.
  > kettenis@ ok (except one bugfix that was not in the intial diff) (art@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > Correctly handle the case when state might be NULL in pf_test like
  > all other code do. Should fix pr 6121.
  > ok henning@ (grange@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_crypto_tkip.c

  > do not cache the computed TTAK unless MIC has been verified.
  > this prevents an attacker from changing the TTAK (DoS attack) by
  > sending a frame with a large TSC but with a bad ICV and/or MIC.
  > now an attacker can only invalidate the cached TTAK. (damien@)

sys

  ~ proc.h                                ~ sched.h

  > Some tweaks to the cpu affinity code.
  > - Split up choosing of cpu between fork and "normal" cases. Fork is
  > very different and should be treated as such.
  > - Instead of implicitly choosing a cpu in setrunqueue, do it outside
  > where it actually makes sense.
  > - Just because a cpu is marked as idle doesn't mean it will be soon.
  > There could be a thundering herd effect if we call wakeup from an
  > interrupt handler, so subtract cpus with queued processes when
  > deciding which cpu is actually idle.
  > - some simplifications allowed by the above.
  > kettenis@ ok (except one bugfix that was not in the intial diff) (art@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_extern.h                          ~ uvm_pglist.c

  > Convert the waitok field of uvm_pglistalloc to "flags", more will be added
  > soon.
  > For the possibility of sleeping, the first two flags are UVM_PLA_WAITOK
  > and UVM_PLA_NOWAIT. It is an error not to show intention, so assert that
  > one of the two is provided. Switch over every caller in the tree to
  > using the appropriate flag.
  > ok art@, ariane@ (oga@)

  ~ uvm_vnode.c

  > Oops, this comment change should not have been commited. What it
  > addresses is another diff. (oga@)

  ~ uvm.h                                 ~ uvm_page.c
  ~ uvm_pdaemon.c                         ~ uvm_vnode.c

  > The use of uvm.pagedaemon_lock is incredibly inconsistent. only a
  > fraction of the wakeups and sleeps involved here actually grab that
  > lock. The remainder, on the other hand, always have the fpageq_lock
  > locked.
  > So, make this locking correct by switching the other users over to
  > fpageq_lock, too.
  > This would probably be better off being a semaphore, but for now at
  > least it's correct.
  > "ok, unless you want to implement semaphores" art@ (oga@)

file

  ~ Makefile

  > force magic file to include all magdir files in alphabetical order,
  > preparing the way for upcoming update to file 4.24
  > almost entirely written by espie@
  > "Go ahead, commit it." espie@ (chl@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.c

  > tried to fix a the-the in the comment, ended up rewriting it. with/from
  > joris@ (jj@)

ssh

  ~ sftp-server.c

  > remove unused option character from getopt() optstring; ok markus@
  > (stevesk@)

  ~ servconf.c

  > Fixed a few the-the misspellings in comments. Skipped a bunch in
  > binutils,gcc and so on. ok jmc@ (jj@)

bgpctl

  ~ irr_asset.c

  > Fixed a few the-the misspellings in comments. Skipped a bunch in
  > binutils,gcc and so on. ok jmc@ (jj@)

dvmrpd

  ~ rde.h

  > Route costs can be safely stored in one byte.
  > While there re order structs fields a little bit.
  > ok claudio@ (michele@)

pkg_add

  ~ Makefile                              ~ package.5
  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_add.1
  ~ pkg_create                            ~ pkg_create.1
  ~ pkg_delete.1                          ~ pkg_info
  ~ pkg_info.1                            ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm             ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Paths.pm                      + OpenBSD/x509.pm