[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-04-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Apr 24 07:00:01 BST 2009

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
etc/root/root.mail                      etc/skel/dot.mailrc
sbin/disklabel                          sbin/ping
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/amd64/stand/installboot
sys/arch/i386/stand/installboot         sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/net
usr.bin/mail                            usr.bin/systat
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/smtpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sh                            ~ install.sub

  > Near the end of the installation, prompt for the setup of an initial
  > user, who will also be placed in wheel.  The setup of that user is
  > expected to be mostly compatible with what useradd(8) would have done.
  > krw will probably improve the ksh code in here after this :) (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Give the user a copy of root's (install time) mail (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Cut the ctime= message strings out of the mount -v output to make this
  > a lot prettier.  We still leave this output in -v mode because we want
  > people to see how smart the install script is about making the different
  > partitions have different nosetuid, nodev modes
  > assistance with the right ksh code from drahn, beck, and espie (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > simplify mount -v sed; from guenther (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > The active mode ftp stuff is archaic, so delete it.  People who still
  > have that problem can use the plethora of www servers we have instead of
  > ftp.  Or as sthen pointed out, this is almost assuredly not biting anyone
  > today since we have received no complaits of the ftplist fetching
  > failing (that did not use the -A flag) (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sh

  > configure the network unconditionally.  You have an opportunity to bail
  > out of this by saying "done" when you get to the first interface.  Then
  > it will handle the domain / DNS question, but since no interface is setup
  > it cleverly already skips the default route question.  Another useless
  > question bites the dust.
  > ok krw (deraadt@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/07 ==

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > shorten subject to be prettier (deraadt@)

skel/dot.mailrc

  ~ skel/dot.mailrc

  > the crt option is a good default for new users; ok millert (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > Unrevert reversion of r1.192. This time make sure 'aflag' is treated
  > the same way 'dflag' is treated. i.e. reset it when the label is
  > written out so a 'w' followed by a 'q' exits the editor without
  > further questions. Also set it whenever the 'A' command is executed.
  > Suggestions by Alexander Hall.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

ping

  ~ ping.c

  > ping -v can segfault when displaying received icmp packets that aren't
  > echo replies. it's because the pointer arithmetic is scaled to the size
  > of struct icmp, so 28*28 bytes are added rather than just 28. fortunately
  > a correct value was calculated 2 lines earlier, so we can just use that.
  > "thats a cool fix" dlg, ok deraadt (sthen@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man7/mdoc.7

  > improve the description for the .Nd macro in a way it is not only
  > more accurate but also a good mnemonic.
  > ok jmc@ (sobrado@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ est.c

  > add missing newline in the unknown model case (jsg@)

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ genassym.cf
  ~ lapic.c                               ~ locore.S
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ vector.S
  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Make pmap_deactivate a NOP.
  > Instead of keeping a bitmask of on which cpu the pmap might be active which
  > we clear in pmap_deactivate, always keep a pointer to the currently loaded
  > pmap in cpu_info. We can now optimize a context switch to the kernel pmap
  > (idle and kernel threads) to keep the previously loaded pmap still loaded
  > and then reuse that pmap if we context switch back to the same process.
  > Introduce a new IPI to force a pmap reload before the pmap is destroyed.
  > Clean up cpu_switchto.
  > toby@ ok (art@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ i82489var.h
  ~ pmap.h

  > Make pmap_deactivate a NOP.
  > Instead of keeping a bitmask of on which cpu the pmap might be active which
  > we clear in pmap_deactivate, always keep a pointer to the currently loaded
  > pmap in cpu_info. We can now optimize a context switch to the kernel pmap
  > (idle and kernel threads) to keep the previously loaded pmap still loaded
  > and then reuse that pmap if we context switch back to the same process.
  > Introduce a new IPI to force a pmap reload before the pmap is destroyed.
  > Clean up cpu_switchto.
  > toby@ ok (art@)

arch/amd64/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > -v was printing some information which is irrelevant or duplicate.	This
  > shrinks the output of installboot by a few lines. (deraadt@)

arch/i386/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > -v was printing some information which is irrelevant or duplicate.	This
  > shrinks the output of installboot by a few lines. (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ hme.c

  > Clear IFF_RUNNING and IFF_OACTIVE flags and cancel watchdog timer in
  > hme_stop().  From Brad. (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c                              ~ if_bgereg.h

  > Start using extended buffer descriptors on the jumbo ring and use MCLGETI
  > allocate mbufs for it.  Another jumbo allocator bites the dust!
  > ok dlg@ (kettenis@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > print the type of the icmp message we're bitching about when debugging is
  > turned up in pf_icmp_state_lookup.
  > ok sthen@ (dlg@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

mail

  ~ misc/mail.help

  > document the "more" command in the help page; ok millert (deraadt@)

systat

  ~ pftop.c

  > sync actiontypes (pass, block etc) with pfvar so that match rules are
  > displayed correctly (actually thsi was out of sync for more than just
  > match)
  > From: Craig Barraclough <craigba at afnsecurity dot com> (henning@)

bgpctl

  ~ parser.c

  > allow bgpctl and bgpd.conf to contain 32-bit ASN written in ASPLAIN
  > format (RFC5396). ok claudio@ henning@ (sthen@)

bgpd

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ parse.y

  > allow bgpctl and bgpd.conf to contain 32-bit ASN written in ASPLAIN
  > format (RFC5396). ok claudio@ henning@ (sthen@)

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_decide.c                          ~ rde_rib.c

  > Rework the way we handle announced networks. Instead of two freak rde_peers
  > use one that is less freaky. Merge bgpctl and config networks into one
  > tree.
  > First step of a larger change in the RDE and this goes now in to allow to
  > move forward. (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ smtpctl.c