[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-04-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 28 07:00:01 BST 2009

distrib/miniroot                        etc/root/dot.profile
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
share/zoneinfo                          sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/m68k/m68k
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/sh/sh
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/dev
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/sys
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.bin/ftp
usr.bin/telnet                          usr.bin/vi
usr.sbin/smtpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > if we netbooted (i.e. ifconfig -g netboot doesn't return an error),
  > select ftp rather than cd by default. (sthen@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/07 ==

root/dot.profile

  ~ root/dot.profile

  > do not tset if the terminal is already xterm; ok matthieu guenther
  > (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > let vlan functionality make it into the -DSMALL ifconfig binary
  > ok sthen (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > - restructure the ANCHORS section
  > - no need to escape quotes within displays (jmc@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > - use .Dl for short displays
  > - .Nm does not require args (jmc@)

  ~ man4/uplcom.4

  > Xr intro 4 like other pages. (mk@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > now that require-order is no longer on by default, we can relax the
  > ordering
  > of this page a little; instead of talking about statement types, just
  > provide
  > a brief overview of the page; (jmc@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/africa

  > Update to tzdata2009g from elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ genassym.cf
  ~ lapic.c                               ~ locore.S
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ vector.S
  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > turning pmap_deactivate into a NOP brought back the reaper panics, probably
  > because the reaper is running on the mappings of pmap from the process it
  > is about to unmap.	back it out until ht is fixed right; don't let this sit
  > in the tree waiting for a fix. (deraadt@)

  ~ mutex.S

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ i82489var.h
  ~ pmap.h

  > turning pmap_deactivate into a NOP brought back the reaper panics, probably
  > because the reaper is running on the mappings of pmap from the process it
  > is about to unmap.	back it out until ht is fixed right; don't let this sit
  > in the tree waiting for a fix. (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ bus_dma.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_5
  > When DMA'able memory is mapped by device drivers, the mapping flags and
  > protection are partially uninitialized.  Depending on the calling context,
  > this may cause devices to misbehave, like audio(4) to stutter, but other
  > anomalies might be observed for other device types.
  > from current, ok deraadt@ (ratchov@)

  ~ mutex.S

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_5
  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/m68k/m68k

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ mutex.S

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ mutex.S

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/sh/sh

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ mutex.S

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ mutex.c

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ audio.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_5
  > On very high system load, an audio interrupt may occur while the audio
  > process is filling audio ring buffers. This triggers bogus (and useless)
  > correction code in the audio(4) driver causing the audio application to go
  > out of sync, and in turn causing continuous stuttering until the
  > application
  > is restarted.
  > from current, ok deraadt@ (ratchov@)

dev/acpi

  ~ amltypes.h                            ~ dsdt.c

  > Remove unnecessary aml_xconvert arg, code cleanup
  > ok marco@ (jordan@)

dev/isa

  ~ sch311x.c

  > Whitespace KNF. (mk@)

dev/pci

  ~ azalia.c                              ~ azalia_codec.c

  > it's easier to have the speaker dac in the converter group than
  > to special case the speaker dac ... (jakemsr@)

sys

  ~ mutex.h

  > Revert mtx_enter_try.  It didn't compile on hppa, it doesn't compile on
  > landisk, and the sparc implementation is obviously wrong.  That's where I
  > stopped looking, so who knows what else was broken.  A simple comparison of
  > the existing mtx_enter with the new mtx_enter_try would have told anybody.
  > (kettenis@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

aucat

  ~ aucat.c

  > make -v option apply also to implicit default socket (ratchov@)

  ~ sock.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_5
  > In server mode when in full-duplex mode (the default) aucat(1) will send
  > each synchronization message twice, causing client applications to think
  > that buffer underruns are occuring. Depending on the application, this may
  > cause the sound to stutter.
  > from current, ok deraadt@ (ratchov@)

ftp

  ~ main.c

  > embellish usage now that -T has been removed. (sobrado@)

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ cmdtab.c
  ~ complete.c                            ~ domacro.c
  ~ fetch.c                               ~ ftp.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ ruserpass.c
  ~ stringlist.c                          ~ util.c

  > toast the rcsid strings which just get in the way (deraadt@)

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ cmdtab.c
  ~ domacro.c                             ~ extern.h
  ~ ftp.c                                 ~ ftp_var.h
  ~ main.c                                ~ util.c

  > remove uploading and macros support from install media;  to save
  > some space
  > discussed with theo, todd@, millert@
  > tested and looked over by sthen@ (martynas@)

  ~ ftp.c

  > in silent mode, shut up connect to address warning since it spams
  > install media if, e.g. ipv6 is not present
  > discussed with theo, sthen@, millert@, todd@ (martynas@)

telnet

  ~ commands.c

  > Remove unused _hostname[] variable. ok millert@ (matthieu@)

vi

  ~ docs/USD.doc/vi.man/vi.1

  > It's called `msgcat', not `mesgcat'.
  > speedy ok millert (mk@)

smtpd

  ~ smtp_session.c

  > Disable EV_READ when setting F_QUIT flag up. Malicious client may
  > send more commands after QUIT, these must not be processed; ok gilles@
  > (jacekm@)

  ~ mfa.c

  > check message_id received from smtp uses valid format. (jacekm@)

  ~ smtp.c

  > fix unlikely fd leak; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtp_session.c

  > session_cleanup call in MAIL FROM handler may be removed as a
  > consequence of rev. 1.70. This makes session_destroy the only
  > caller so merge the two; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtp_session.c