[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-12-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 11 07:00:01 GMT 2009

distrib/sets                            etc/netstart
games/battlestar                        games/hack
games/hunt                              games/mille
kerberosV                               lib/csu
lib/libc                                sbin/fsck_ext2fs
sbin/fsck_ffs                           sbin/pfctl
share/man                               sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/usb                             sys/dev/wscons
sys/nfs                                 usr.bin/fgen
usr.bin/locate                          usr.bin/tmux
usr.bin/tn3270                          usr.bin/top
usr.sbin/config                         usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/ldpd                           usr.sbin/smtpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/10 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > o stop reordering ifconfig arguments (e.g. after 'up ..')
  > o only stop processing if inet or inet6 lines are malformed
  > o everything not a specially handled bit is passed to ifconfig unmangled
  > noticed by several after the move from bridgename.bridge0 ->
  > hostname.bridge0
  > prodded by deraadt@, tested by and feedback from several
  > man page bits 'look fine' jmc@ (todd@)

== games ============================================================= 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

battlestar

  ~ com2.c

  > fix potential bugs spotted by parfait
  > ok millert@ pjanzen@ (beck@)

hack

  ~ hack.end.c

  > fix potential bugs spotted by parfait
  > ok millert@ pjanzen@ (beck@)

hunt

  ~ huntd/driver.c

  > fix potential bugs spotted by parfait
  > ok millert@ pjanzen@ (beck@)

mille

  ~ move.c

  > fix potential bugs spotted by parfait
  > ok millert@ pjanzen@ (beck@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 04/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  ~ src/kdc/connect.c

  > Change nasty realloc call to a more correct looking ideom - noticed while
  > looking at some parfait false positives in here.
  > ok deraadt@ (beck@)

  ~ src/lib/krb5/acl.c                    ~ src/lib/roken/roken_gethostby.c

  > memory leak, and off by one buffer overflow - spotted by parfait
  > ok deraadt@ (beck@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/10 ==

csu

  ~ mips64/crt0.c

  > Make sure to use 64 bit instructions in the assembly statements (addi ->
  > daddi)
  > in the prologue; this gives a chance for binaries loaded with their stack
  > over
  > 2GB virtual, to run. Who's your daddi now? (miod@)

libc

  ~ gen/getcwd.3

  > getcwd() is posix, not ansi; from Thomas Pfaff
  > ok millert (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

fsck_ext2fs

  ~ utilities.c

  > do not leak memory, found by parfait, ok millert otto
  > (one case was a false positive, but one is a modified copy of the other)
  > (deraadt@)

fsck_ffs

  ~ utilities.c

  > do not leak memory, found by parfait, ok millert otto
  > (one case was a false positive, but one is a modified copy of the other)
  > (deraadt@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl.c
  ~ pfctl_optimize.c

  > plug some memory leaks; found by parfait, ok henning (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man5/hostname.if.5

  > o stop reordering ifconfig arguments (e.g. after 'up ..')
  > o only stop processing if inet or inet6 lines are malformed
  > o everything not a specially handled bit is passed to ifconfig unmangled
  > noticed by several after the move from bridgename.bridge0 ->
  > hostname.bridge0
  > prodded by deraadt@, tested by and feedback from several
  > man page bits 'look fine' jmc@ (todd@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/uts.4                            ~ man4/uhts.4

  > unify; ok jmc (deraadt@)

  ~ man5/hostname.if.5

  > clarify the new rules of hostname.if files.  A few special formats are
  > accepted which are simpler for people (or install scripts) to generate.
  > Anything else is passed to ifconfig, unmolested.
  > ok jmc todd (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ fpu.c

  > ansi (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ aic79xx.c

  > remove dead assignment and newly created unused variable.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok krw@ marco@ (chl@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > remove dead assignment and newly created unused variable.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok dlg@ marco@ (chl@)

  ~ rt2860.c

  > fix a theoretical (but not possible) array bound overflow.
  > since we will always match on a rate, we won't overflow, but in that
  > case, make it more obvious by if the first 11 rates don't match, we
  > assume the 12th.
  > should shut up parfait.
  > ok damien@ who came up with an identical diff. (oga@)

dev/usb

  ~ uthum.c

  > various bits of knf; ok yuo (deraadt@)

  ~ if_run.c

  > "please apply the same diff as for rt2860 to if_run.c" damien@
  > original log message:
  > fix a theoretical (but not possible) array bound overflow.
  > since we will always match on a rate, we won't overflow, but in that
  > case, make it more obvious by if the first 11 rates don't match, we
  > assume the 12th.
  > should shut up parfait.
  > ok damien@ who came up with an identical diff (oga@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsemul_vt100_chars.c                  ~ wskbdutil.c

  > a few sizeof(array)/sizeof(array[0]) -> nitems(array) conversions found
  > while
  > looking for something else.
  > sha1(1) tells me there's no binary change. (oga@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  > "fix" from freebsd to hide potential race in silly renames, where
  > a directory gets reclaimed on a forced unmount before the silly file
  > in it gets blown away...  fixes an issue seen by phessler@
  > ok oga@, art@ (beck@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

fgen

  ~ fgen.l

  > memory leak, found by parfait, ok jsg (deraadt@)

locate

  ~ locate/locate.updatedb.8

  > Eliminate the confusing term "find codes database" which is used nowhere
  > else.
  > It made people miss the fact we are just talking about
  > /var/db/locate.database.
  > Expicitely say that output will be sent to that file.
  > Problem noted by, feedback and OK jmc at . (schwarze@)

tmux

  ~ cmd-server-info.c                     ~ cmd-set-option.c
  ~ cmd-show-options.c                    ~ key-bindings.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.c                                ~ tmux.h

  > Add "server options" which are server-wide and not bound to a session or
  > window. Set and displayed with "set -s" and "show -s".
  > Currently the only option is "quiet" (like command-line -q, allowing it to
  > be
  > set from .tmux.conf), but others will come along. (nicm@)

tn3270

  ~ api/api_bsd.c

  > careless fscanf, found by parfait, ok jsg (deraadt@)

top

  ~ display.c                             ~ top.1
  ~ top.c

  > add an option '1' to display all cpu stats combined.  helps save space
  > with increasing processor counts.
  > ok deraadt (kettenis otto) (tedu@)

  ~ top.1

  > better wording for 1 option from jmc (tedu@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

config

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ config.8
  ~ ukc.c                                 ~ ukc.h

  > Now that the old SysV SHM size limits global variables are gone, remove
  > support for setting them from config(8). (kettenis@)

dhcpd

  ~ memory.c

  > plug memory leak, spotted by parfait; ok krw (deraadt@)

ldpd

  ~ labelmapping.c

  > Length of the host address in the FEC TLV must be encoded in number
  > of octets.
  > ok claudio@ (michele@)

smtpd

  ~ parse.y