[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-12-14

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Dec 15 07:00:01 GMT 2009

etc/changelist                          gnu/usr.bin/cvs
lib/libc                                regress/lib
sbin/ifconfig                           sbin/pfctl
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 usr.bin/tmux
usr.sbin/afs                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/dhcpd                          usr.sbin/httpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/smtpd

== etc =============================================================== 01/08 ==

changelist

  ~ changelist

  > Add /etc/rtadvd.conf
  > ok sthen@ (giovanni@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/08 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ src/rcs.c

  > Fix "cvs [update aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate 5242880 bytes"
  > when checking out xenocara from a server running OpenBSD/amd64.
  > While processing RCS deltas, don't allocate twice as much memory as
  > needed when copying a line vector to a vector which has less lines.
  > Also, when switching back from a branch to trunk while searching an
  > RCS file for a revision, free the trunklines vector immediately after
  > lines saved in it have been copied back into the currentlines vector.
  > Somehow, these two changes together make the problem go away.
  > ok tobias@, "this has been a serious annoyance" sthen@, "sure" deraadt@
  > (stsp@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

  ~ gen/sleep.c

  > sleep(3) is supposed to return zero when it sleeps the entire amount
  > ok deraadt@ (guenther@)

  ~ rpc/svc.c

  > Keep all bits of __svc_fdset up to date, not just those beyond FD_SETSIZE.
  > Bug found while auditing the same complaint by parfait,
  > see the previous commit; still not shutting parfait up.
  > "wow, that's nasty" deraadt@ (schwarze@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/08 ==

lib

  + libc/sleep/Makefile                   + libc/sleep/sleep_test.c

  > Add a test for sleep(3), to verify that it both (a) returns zero when it
  > completes, and (b) returns the unslept time in seconds when interrupted
  > (guenther@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/08 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > use strtonum() instead of atoi().  idea from Vladimir Kirillov, but had
  > to rewrite it because it was another mangled diff in mail.	When will
  > people learn that the tabs and spaces are important? (deraadt@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > make ifconfig return with failure of bridge_rule; ok claudio (deraadt@)

  ~ brconfig.c

  > use warn() and warnx() instead of incorrect stderr printing.
  > get rid of EX_* since ifconfig(8) is not sysexits program.
  > discussed with claudio (deraadt@)

pfctl

  ~ pfctl_parser.c

  > fix sticky-address - by pretty much re-implementing it. still following
  > the original approach using a source tracking node.
  > the reimplementation i smore flexible than the original one, we now have an
  > slist of source tracking nodes per state. that is cheap because more than
  > one entry will be an absolute exception.
  > ok beck and jsg, also stress tested by Sebastian Benoit <benoit-lists at
  > fb12.de> (henning@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ cbus.c                                ~ cbusvar.h

  > Add wrapper functions to enable/disable interrupts and manipulate their
  > state. (kettenis@)

  ~ vnet.c

  > Make sure interrupts are disabled when we don't have queues configured.
  > This
  > prevents interrupt storms I'm hitting when running OpenBSD as a control
  > domain. (kettenis@)

  ~ vnet.c

  > Support for in-band descriptor mode (VIO_DESC_MODE) used by OBP.
  > (kettenis@)

  ~ vnet.c

  > Fix previous commit.  I left out a small fragment and accidentally
  > committed
  > a change we're not readdy for yet. (kettenis@)

  ~ vnet.c

  > Sanitize the code that resets the state when the LDC channel link state
  > changes.  Don't initiate the handshake when the LDC channel link state
  > comes
  > up, to avoid a race where both sides initiate the handshake simultaniously,
  > which leads to a guaranteed failure.  Instead rely on the handshake done as
  > a result of ifconfig up on the interface to succeed.  Some retry logic may
  > be needed there...
  > This makes it possible to run OpenBSD (diskless) in a guest domain on a
  > machine running OpenBSD in its control domain. (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/i915_dma.c

  > Add a dummy I915_PARAM_NUM_FENCES_AVAIL parameter for Mesa 7.5.
  > ok oga@ during h2k9. (matthieu@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c                           ~ pf.c
  ~ pf_ioctl.c                            ~ pf_lb.c
  ~ pfvar.h

  > fix sticky-address - by pretty much re-implementing it. still following
  > the original approach using a source tracking node.
  > the reimplementation i smore flexible than the original one, we now have an
  > slist of source tracking nodes per state. that is cheap because more than
  > one entry will be an absolute exception.
  > ok beck and jsg, also stress tested by Sebastian Benoit <benoit-lists at
  > fb12.de> (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

tmux

  ~ cmd-set-option.c                      ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.c                                ~ tmux.h
  ~ tty-keys.c

  > New server option, escape-time, to set the timeout used to detect if
  > escapes
  > are alone or part of a function key or meta sequence. (nicm@)

  ~ status.c

  > Add server options to completion as well. (nicm@)

  ~ input.c                               ~ tty.c

  > Pass through the aixterm bright colours if the terminal supports them (>=
  > 16
  > colours). (nicm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

afs

  ~ src/arlad/messages.c                  ~ src/arlad/nnpfs.c

  > Fix buffer overflow possibility, noticed by parfait:
  > Buffer overflow (CWE 120): In memcpy of msg.msg with length 'size'
  > Array size is 2048 bytes, size <= 2080
  > at line 317 of /usr/src/usr.sbin/afs/src/arlad/nnpfs.c in function 'nnpf
  > s_send_message_wakeup_data'.
  > tesing by todd@ and jj@ and me (beck@)

bgpd

  ~ pfkey.c

  > addr2sa() will return NULL for AID_UNSPEC and pfkey_send() may end up with
  > one of the src/dst addrs as AID_UNSPEC. So we need to check for NULL before
  > copying. Fixes a crash seen with tcp-md5 enabled peers. (claudio@)

dhcpd

  ~ bpf.c

  > Just like dhclient(8), we use the bpf filter drop to prevent
  > us from sending an icmp error along with the dhcp reply.
  > OK henning@ (mpf@)

httpd

  ~ src/modules/ssl/ssl_util.c

  > could write one word too far, found by parfait; ok millert (deraadt@)

  ~ src/modules/proxy/proxy_ftp.c

  > wrote one byte too far, found by parfait; ok beck millert (deraadt@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_add

  > off by one the other way round (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm

  > temporary fix for kept packages until we move them away (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/ProgressMeter.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > fuss about install msgs: new method state->ntogo, use it to annotate more
  > messages with global progress information.
  > Also, when not finding a suitable update, report it if set is not a simple
  > update. Helps in figuring out cases like gstreamer... (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > combined updates show the packages that can't be updated (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Tracker.pm

  > when removing sets, remove cant markers as well (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Tracker.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/UpdateSet.pm

  > since some packages in updatesets don't need updates, be explicit about it.
  > This is more complex and simpler at the same time... (espie@)

smtpd

  ~ mda.c                                 ~ smtpd.c
  ~ smtpd.h

  > Do non-blocking I/O when delivering locally over a pipe. (jacekm@)

  ~ mda.c                                 ~ mta.c
  ~ queue.c                               ~ runner.c
  ~ smtpctl.c                             ~ smtpd.h

  > Impose sessions limit on the delivery sessions (mta and mda). (jacekm@)

  ~ queue_shared.c

  > Clear S_MESSAGE_PERMFAILURE when creating the bounce message.  Makes the
  > bounce mails visible in mailq output. (jacekm@)

  ~ bounce.c                              ~ runner.c
  ~ smtpctl.c                             ~ smtpd.h

  > Control maximum number of bounce sessions similarly to how the mta and mda
  > are now controlled. (jacekm@)

  ~ smtp.c

  > Set initial session limit so that IMSG_SMTP_ENQUEUE can be satisfied even
  > in absence of all other real listening sockets.
  > Spotted by todd@ (jacekm@)

  ~ lka.c                                 ~ queue.c
  ~ runner.c                              ~ smtpd.c
  ~ smtpd.h                               ~ util.c

  > Tweak the logic behind setting the fd limits so that smtpd is less likely
  > to get upset by custom soft/hard ulimit settings.
  > Suggested by todd@ (jacekm@)

  ~ bounce.c