[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-12-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Dec 20 07:00:01 GMT 2009

lib/libc                                sbin/bioctl
sys/dev/usb                             sys/isofs/cd9660
sys/isofs/udf                           sys/msdosfs
sys/ufs/ffs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/ypldap

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ gen/getgrent.c

  > Implement proper error handling for getgrent(3), getgrnam(3) and
  > getgrgid(3).
  > 1) Distinguish normal end of data (like eof, YPERR_NOMORE, YPERR_KEY)
  > from error conditions.
  > 2) Save errno(2) and restore it in case of success, as suggested by
  > deraadt@
  > and beck at .
  > While this code is touched,
  > * move the common code for the yp_first and yp_next calls after the
  > respective if/else-block; note that free(data) is not needed in case of
  > failure and that __ypcurrent = NULL does no harm after failing yp_first.
  > * return 0, not NULL: the return value of grscan is int, not a pointer.
  > This is the last part of the work done on getgrent.c during c2k9,
  > heavily relying on the other improvements done at that time.
  > This has been rotting in my tree far too long.
  > "get it in" deraadt@; also lightly tested by simon@ some time ago
  > (schwarze@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/05 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8

  > Explain what 'noauto' really does.
  > ok marco@ (jsing@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

  ~ utrh.c

  > fix tsleep parameter (yuo@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ cd9660_vfsops.c

  > Re-introduce the remaining bits of thib@'s Aug 2006 VOP_CLOSE()
  > locking fixes. Tweak cd9660 code to be the same as everywhere else,
  > no functional change.
  > ok beck@ (krw@)

isofs/udf

  ~ udf_vfsops.c

  > Re-introduce the remaining bits of thib@'s Aug 2006 VOP_CLOSE()
  > locking fixes. Tweak cd9660 code to be the same as everywhere else,
  > no functional change.
  > ok beck@ (krw@)

msdosfs

  ~ msdosfs_vfsops.c

  > Re-introduce the remaining bits of thib@'s Aug 2006 VOP_CLOSE()
  > locking fixes. Tweak cd9660 code to be the same as everywhere else,
  > no functional change.
  > ok beck@ (krw@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > Re-introduce the remaining bits of thib@'s Aug 2006 VOP_CLOSE()
  > locking fixes. Tweak cd9660 code to be the same as everywhere else,
  > no functional change.
  > ok beck@ (krw@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > try to clarify ChrootDirectory pathname argument a bit; resulting from
  > a question on openssh-unix-dev.  ok jmc@ (stevesk@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

  ~ pkg_add

  > bye bye old (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_delete
  ~ OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/ProgressMeter.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Tracker.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/UpdateSet.pm

  > create a $state->todo method to account for sets to install.
  > have tracker keep track of sets not done, and ask it directly for how many
  > there's still to do. Provide an offset into next for cases where we know
  > we already did a set but haven't accounted for it yet.
  > -> more accurate number of sets still to do. (espie@)

ypldap

  ~ ypldap.conf.5