[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-02-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Feb 9 07:00:01 GMT 2009

bin/cat                                 bin/chmod
bin/cp                                  bin/date
bin/dd                                  bin/df
bin/echo                                bin/ed
bin/expr                                bin/kill
bin/ln                                  bin/ls
bin/md5                                 bin/mkdir
bin/mv                                  bin/pax
bin/ps                                  bin/pwd
bin/rm                                  bin/rmdir
bin/sleep                               bin/stty
bin/test                                distrib/miniroot
etc/root/root.mail                      sbin/fdisk
sbin/mknod                              share/man
share/mk                                share/tmac
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/hppa/dev
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/macppc/stand/tbxidata          sys/arch/mvme88k/dev
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/conf                                sys/dev/pci
sys/net80211                            sys/sys
usr.bin/asa                             usr.bin/at
usr.bin/awk                             usr.bin/basename
usr.bin/bc                              usr.bin/cal
usr.bin/cmp                             usr.bin/comm
usr.bin/compress                        usr.bin/csplit
usr.bin/ctags                           usr.bin/cut
usr.bin/diff                            usr.bin/dirname
usr.bin/du                              usr.bin/env
usr.bin/expand                          usr.bin/false
usr.bin/find                            usr.bin/fold
usr.bin/gencat                          usr.bin/getconf
usr.bin/grep                            usr.bin/head
usr.bin/hexdump                         usr.bin/id
usr.bin/join                            usr.bin/less
usr.bin/logger                          usr.bin/logname
usr.bin/m4                              usr.bin/make
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/mesg
usr.bin/nice                            usr.bin/nohup
usr.bin/paste                           usr.bin/patch
usr.bin/pr                              usr.bin/printf
usr.bin/renice                          usr.bin/sed
usr.bin/sort                            usr.bin/split
usr.bin/strings                         usr.bin/strip
usr.bin/tail                            usr.bin/talk
usr.bin/tee                             usr.bin/time
usr.bin/touch                           usr.bin/tput
usr.bin/tr                              usr.bin/true
usr.bin/tsort                           usr.bin/tty
usr.bin/uname                           usr.bin/uniq
usr.bin/uuencode                        usr.bin/vi
usr.bin/wc                              usr.bin/who
usr.bin/write                           usr.bin/xargs
usr.bin/yacc                            usr.sbin
usr.sbin/cron                           usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/user                           usr.sbin/wake

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

cat

  ~ cat.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

chmod

  ~ chgrp.1                               ~ chmod.1
  ~ chown.8

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

cp

  ~ cp.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

date

  ~ date.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

dd

  ~ dd.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

df

  ~ df.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

echo

  ~ echo.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

ed

  ~ ed.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

expr

  ~ expr.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

kill

  ~ kill.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

ln

  ~ ln.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

ls

  ~ ls.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ ls.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

md5

  ~ cksum.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

mkdir

  ~ mkdir.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

mv

  ~ mv.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

pax

  ~ pax.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ pax.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

ps

  ~ ps.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ ps.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

pwd

  ~ pwd.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

rm

  ~ rm.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

rmdir

  ~ rmdir.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

sleep

  ~ sleep.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

stty

  ~ stty.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

test

  ~ test.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/08 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/08 ==

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

fdisk

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ disk.c
  ~ disk.h                                ~ mbr.c
  ~ user.c

  > Eliminate excessive verbiage for 'fdisk -i' and 'fdisk -u'. Especially
  > the multi-line banner announcing that the MBR is being changed.
  > Also the listing of the partition table in 'fdisk -u'. Display a
  > consistant message when the MBR is written.
  > While here cleanup and shrink code without changing any semantics.
  > Started with a diff posted on tech@ by Tobias Ulmer.
  > "I like it" marco@ ok jsing@ (krw@)

mknod

  ~ mkfifo.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/schsio.4

  > schsio doesn't use flags so don't mention these in the synopsis. (mk@)

mk

  ~ sys.mk

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

tmac

  ~ mdoc/doc-syms

  > add .St -p1003.1-2008 for posix standard IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

  ~ mdoc/doc-common

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > Enable ips(4) on CD install media so people can try it.
  > ok miod@ (grange@)

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > Spacing nit. (grange@)

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ clock.c                               ~ cpu.c

  > Make sure than cpu_hardclock() never sets a ``next interrupt value'' which
  > has
  > already been hit by the running timer; this happens very often on
  > oosiop-based
  > machines, due to these machines being among the slowest hppa, and oosiop
  > being interrupt greedy. Unfortunately, when this happened, one had to wait
  > for the timer to wrap, which would take up to 128 seconds on the 33MHz
  > machines.
  > Also, invoke hardclock() as many times as necessary if it turns out that
  > we had to delay the interrupt 1/hz seconds to avoid the aforementioned
  > wrap problem.
  > With help from kettenis@; ok kettenis@ (miod@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ locore.S

  > Make sure than cpu_hardclock() never sets a ``next interrupt value'' which
  > has
  > already been hit by the running timer; this happens very often on
  > oosiop-based
  > machines, due to these machines being among the slowest hppa, and oosiop
  > being interrupt greedy. Unfortunately, when this happened, one had to wait
  > for the timer to wrap, which would take up to 128 seconds on the 33MHz
  > machines.
  > Also, invoke hardclock() as many times as necessary if it turns out that
  > we had to delay the interrupt 1/hz seconds to avoid the aforementioned
  > wrap problem.
  > With help from kettenis@; ok kettenis@ (miod@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > Enable ips(4) on CD install media so people can try it.
  > ok miod@ (grange@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > On 88110 processors, use a separate stack to handle NMI; these can occur
  > while we are switching pcbs and all sort of bad things could happen.
  > (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ trap.c

  > Don't bother trying to recover from DSR_WE data faults in kernel mode,
  > pmap makes sure these can't happen. (miod@)

  ~ eh_common.S                           ~ genassym.cf

  > On 88110 processors, use a separate stack to handle NMI; these can occur
  > while we are switching pcbs and all sort of bad things could happen.
  > (miod@)

arch/macppc/stand/tbxidata

  ~ bsd.tbxi

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ vs.c

  > Use the correct flags when bus_dmamap_sync()ing the s/g lists. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ locore.S                              ~ m197_machdep.c
  ~ machdep.c

  > On 88110 processors, use a separate stack to handle NMI; these can occur
  > while we are switching pcbs and all sort of bad things could happen.
  > (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Oops, initialize the nmi stack correctly for the boot processor. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add missing mux locators to non-USB keyboards and mice.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

conf

  ~ newvers.sh

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ ips.c

  > Add drive state definitions. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Use sc_print_addr() to report drive errors. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Temporary enable full debug to make it easier to commit diffs. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > ips is not a real scsi controller and not supposed to talk directly to
  > various flacky scsi hardware (at least until passthrough implemented).
  > So reduce huge default scsibus timeout values to somewhat reasonable.
  > (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Put back bzero'ing cmd structure before filling it in which was lost
  > during driver rewritting at h2k7. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Lower debug level back, looks like i've found that data corruption bug.
  > (grange@)

  ~ drm/radeon_state.c

  > remove dead assignment and newly created unused variable.
  > found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok oga@ (chl@)

  ~ if_san_common.c

  > fix uninitialized argument, and remove newly created unused variable.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok krw@ canacar@ (chl@)

  ~ drm/drm_pci.c

  > Fix uninitialized arguments.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok oga@ (chl@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > fix potential null dereferences.
  > Found by LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer.
  > ok oga@ (chl@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_input.c                     ~ ieee80211_var.h

  > initial 802.11 defragmentation bits.
  > the code will allow the concurrent reception of fragments of three
  > fragmented MSDUs or MMPDUs as required by the 802.11 standard. (damien@)

sys

  ~ param.h

  > Move to 4.5-BETA (miod@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

asa

  ~ asa.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

at

  ~ at.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

awk

  ~ awk.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

basename

  ~ basename.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

bc

  ~ bc.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

cal

  ~ cal.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

cmp

  ~ cmp.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

comm

  ~ comm.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

compress

  ~ compress.1

  > some minor corrections for the STANDARDS section; (jmc@)

  ~ compress.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

csplit

  ~ csplit.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

ctags

  ~ ctags.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

cut

  ~ cut.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

diff

  ~ diff.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ diff.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

dirname

  ~ dirname.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

du

  ~ du.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

env

  ~ env.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

expand

  ~ expand.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

false

  ~ false.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

find

  ~ find.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ find.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

fold

  ~ fold.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

gencat

  ~ gencat.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

getconf

  ~ getconf.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

grep

  ~ grep.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

head

  ~ head.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

hexdump

  ~ od.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

id

  ~ id.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

join

  ~ join.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

less

  ~ less.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

logger

  ~ logger.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

logname

  ~ logname.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

m4

  ~ m4.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

make

  ~ make.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

man

  ~ man.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

mesg

  ~ mesg.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

nice

  ~ nice.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

nohup

  ~ nohup.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

paste

  ~ paste.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

patch

  ~ patch.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ patch.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

pr

  ~ pr.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

printf

  ~ printf.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

renice

  ~ renice.8

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

sed

  ~ sed.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

sort

  ~ sort.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

split

  ~ split.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

strings

  ~ strings.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

strip

  ~ strip.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

tail

  ~ tail.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

talk

  ~ talk.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

tee

  ~ tee.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

time

  ~ time.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

touch

  ~ touch.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

tput

  ~ tput.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

tr

  ~ tr.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

true

  ~ true.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

tsort

  ~ tsort.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

tty

  ~ tty.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

uname

  ~ uname.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

uniq

  ~ uniq.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

uuencode

  ~ uuencode.1

  > some minor corrections for the STANDARDS section; (jmc@)

  ~ uuencode.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

vi

  ~ docs/USD.doc/vi.man/vi.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

wc

  ~ wc.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

who

  ~ who.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

write

  ~ write.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

  ~ write.1

  > updates to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008; (jmc@)

xargs

  ~ xargs.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

yacc

  ~ yacc.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

usr.sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > Unlink wake(8). (mbalmer@)

cron

  ~ crontab.1

  > bump the posix reference in STANDARDS to IEEE Std 1003.1-2008, with a few
  > updates to follow; (jmc@)

ntpd

  ~ sensors.c

  > spelling in comment (stevesk@)

user

  ~ user.c

  > deal with potential empty string fgets can return
  > use strcspn to properly overwrite '\n' in fgets returned buffer
  > ok ray@ jaredy@
  > looks ok gilles@ long time ago on a similar diff (chl@)

wake

  - Makefile                              - wake.8
  - wake.c