[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-02-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Feb 19 07:00:01 GMT 2009

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            lib/libc
lib/libsndio                            regress/lib
share/man                               sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/mvme68k/conf
sys/arch/mvme68k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/socppc/conf
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
sys/netinet6                            usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/smtpd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Use 'read -r' to read password, which allows "\" to be in the
  > password unless it's part of an escape sequence like "\r". Prompted
  > by Aaron W. Hsu via PR#6042.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

notes

  ~ mvme68k/hardware

  > Remove 68060 here too (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ gen/glob.c

  > Add missing braces.  This is why we use braces for indented block that
  > are more than a couple of lines... (millert@)

libsndio

  ~ aucat.c

  > in aucat_stop(), after the STOP message was send, put the receiver
  > in ``waiting state'', otherwise the ACK message will be skipped,
  > and the other functions not expecting ACKs might be confused by
  > the ACK. (ratchov@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/07 ==

lib

  ~ libc/glob/Makefile

  > Add missing CURDIR (millert@)

  ~ libc/glob/globtest.in

  > Test to show glob bug introduced with POSIX char class support. (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man8/release.8

  > Be more generic about what artifacts are created in step 4.
  > Improved by deraadt@, ok jmc@, krw at . (ian@)

  + man4/man4.mvme68k/vs.4

  > frog broke the tree; copying file from 88k (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/uvideo.4

  > another (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vs.4                ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vsbic.4

  > Manpages as originally intended; oops (miod@)

  ~ man4/uvideo.4

  > sort; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.mvme68k/vsbic.4

  > Remove 68060 bug notice. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/m88k/include

  ~ lock.h

  > In __cpu_simple_lock(), do not hog the bus with exclusive accesses; if
  > xmem didn't return the expected value, spin doing regular loads until it
  > appears we have a chance to grab the lock again. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > typo (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/conf

  ~ files.mvme68k

  > delay() would only work as intended after clock0 attached. Initialize the
  > delay strategy variable in locore now; this fixes the occasional console
  > output artefacts on MVME177. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ vsbic.c

  > Better bus_dmamap_sync() routine, lets vsbic(4) run on 68060 systems, so
  > let it attach on them now. (miod@)

  ~ vsbic.c

  > Fix thinko in list traversal in vsbic_cmd_ccb(). (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ locore.s

  > Repair DCI[ASU] operation on 68030 processors, broken by accident in r1.53
  > (miod@)

  ~ locore.s

  > Check for nofault being set in the 68030 bus error handler, too. This makes
  > bad[pv]addr work again on MVME147. (miod@)

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Better bus_dmamap_sync() routine, lets vsbic(4) run on 68060 systems, so
  > let it attach on them now. (miod@)

  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.s

  > delay() would only work as intended after clock0 attached. Initialize the
  > delay strategy variable in locore now; this fixes the occasional console
  > output artefacts on MVME177. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ vsbic.c

  > Fix thinko in list traversal in vsbic_cmd_ccb(). (miod@)

arch/socppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > - add and enable zyd(4)
  > ok kettenis@ (jasper@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > Backout PDC & PPC changes because it hangs several laptops. (marco@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/radeon_drv.c

  > Disable all IGPGART chipsets in radeondrm for release.
  > The RS480 is just fucking evil, the RS690 works ONCE but doesn't on
  > reboot, and i've never heard about a RS400 being tested, so disable that
  > too for safety.
  > This is so that only working chipsets make release, if I just removed
  > your working chipset, please let me know.
  > deraadt@ requested that I do this now, not later. (oga@)

dev/usb

  ~ ubsa.c                                ~ umsm.c

  > Make the best guesses possible about newer usb modems and in which modes
  > they need to be started up.  Some limited discussion with yuo@ and fkr@,
  > who to a large degree I think have punted on even trying to stay ahead
  > of the curve here.	Come on guys. (deraadt@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > add about 30 or so newer GSM/whatever modems (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > Free authentication data when detaching sppp from interface. (canacar@)

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > if a peer requests a state that is marked as NOSYNC, then skip it. (dlg@)

  ~ pf_lb.c

  > bring back the NAT NOP fix, but this time right.
  > when we want to pretend pf_get_translation didn't do anything we must
  > get rid of _both_ state keys and reset all 4 sk pointers to NULL and
  > not leave one key behind and have all 4 pointers point to it - that must
  > fail. tested dhill sthen, david agrees, deraadt ok (henning@)

netinet6

  ~ icmp6.c

  > Move goto lables to the beginning of the line. Having them indented like
  > the rest of the switch cases is a good camouflage. (claudio@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ rcs.c

  > fix off by one character when constructing $Mdocdate$.
  > problem found by todd@, ok sthen@ (joris@)

ssh

  ~ schnorr.c

  > signature should hash over the entire group, not just the generator
  > (this is still disabled code) (djm@)

  ~ rde_attr.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_4
  > MFC rev 1.78
  > Fix aspath_prepend() in the case a AS-PATH has a sequence of 255 elements
  > and we try to prepend. The result was a corrupt AS-PATH and a RDE fatal
  > later on when some other operation was run on that path.
  > Found the hard way by henning@ and sthen at . OK henning@, sthen@ (claudio@)

  ~ rde_attr.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_3
  > MFC rev 1.78
  > Fix aspath_prepend() in the case a AS-PATH has a sequence of 255 elements
  > and we try to prepend. The result was a corrupt AS-PATH and a RDE fatal
  > later on when some other operation was run on that path.
  > Found the hard way by henning@ and sthen at . OK henning@, sthen@ (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ smtp.c                                ~ smtp_session.c

  > smtp_accept() now requests from lka that it performs the hostname lookup
  > and inserts the session into the session tree. session_init() is called
  > only when we receive the resolution answer.
  > this fixes a race condition that would sometimes cause the hostname to
  > appear as "<unknown>" in headers just because dns was lagging, and it
  > unbreaks ssmtp support which suffered from th very same race condition.
  > (gilles@)

  ~ smtp.c                                ~ smtp_session.c

  > previous commit was incomplete, this fixes ssmtp (gilles@)

  ~ lka.c

  > fix compiler warning; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ mfa.c

  > IMSG_MFA_RCPT handlers are almost identical, put common code in new
  > mfa_test_rcpt; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ mfa.c                                 ~ smtpd.h
  ~ util.c

  > - add basic syntax checking to mfa
  > - decline source routing at MAIL FROM, strip at RCPT TO
  > ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ipsec.c