[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-01-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jan 4 07:00:01 GMT 2009

lib/libc                                share/man
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 usr.sbin/ospf6d
usr.sbin/snmpd

== lib =============================================================== 01/04 ==

  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > reintroduce extra malloc protections, but avoiding the use of
  > PAGE_(SIZE|SHIFT|MASK) defines that evaluate to variables on the
  > sparc architecture;
  > ok otto@ tested on my reanimated ss20 (djm@)

== share ============================================================= 02/04 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/run.4

  > run(4), a driver for Ralink RT2700U/RT2800U/RT3000U USB 802.11agn devices.
  > the driver supports legacy 802.11abg modes only (no 802.11n yet.)
  > WPA works, with hardware encryption/decryption.
  > committed over an RT2800U (RT2870+RT2820).
  > enabled on i386 and amd64 GENERIC only for now.
  > thanks to Paul Lin at Ralink for letting us ship the firmware under an
  > appropriate license.
  > "man page looks ok" jmc@
  > "you should commit it" jsg@, ok deraadt@ (damien@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > oops, forgot that we need to update this file for run(4); (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > run(4), a driver for Ralink RT2700U/RT2800U/RT3000U USB 802.11agn devices.
  > the driver supports legacy 802.11abg modes only (no 802.11n yet.)
  > WPA works, with hardware encryption/decryption.
  > committed over an RT2800U (RT2870+RT2820).
  > enabled on i386 and amd64 GENERIC only for now.
  > thanks to Paul Lin at Ralink for letting us ship the firmware under an
  > appropriate license.
  > "man page looks ok" jmc@
  > "you should commit it" jsg@, ok deraadt@ (damien@)

  > run(4), a driver for Ralink RT2700U/RT2800U/RT3000U USB 802.11agn devices.
  > the driver supports legacy 802.11abg modes only (no 802.11n yet.)
  > WPA works, with hardware encryption/decryption.
  > committed over an RT2800U (RT2870+RT2820).
  > enabled on i386 and amd64 GENERIC only for now.
  > thanks to Paul Lin at Ralink for letting us ship the firmware under an
  > appropriate license.
  > "man page looks ok" jmc@
  > "you should commit it" jsg@, ok deraadt@ (damien@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Make is possible to boot from devices on cbus(4) (when they're there and
  > actually work). (kettenis@)

dev/microcode

  ~ rum/microcode.h

  > Update to the latest version of the RT2870/RT3070 firmware.
  > Thanks to Paul Lin at Ralink for consenting for us to use
  > this under the same license we were using for an earlier version. (jsg@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_wpi.c

  > remove check for rfkill switch state using GP_CNTRL as it does not
  > seem to work properly.
  > it is checked later in wpi_post_alive() anyway.
  > pointed out by many, further investigated by Tim van der Molen. (damien@)

  ~ agp_i810.c

  > Attach agp(4) to the Intel 946GZ integrated video.
  > Tested on Asus P5B-MX motherboard.
  > ok kettenis@, oga@ (kevlo@)

  ~ azalia.c                              ~ azalia.h
  ~ azalia_codec.c

  > - configure volume knob widgets for indirect mode, which means they no
  > longer direcly affect other widgets
  > - if an unsolicited response is received from a volume knob widget,
  > adjust outputs.master according to the measured change in level of the
  > volume knob widget (jakemsr@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             + if_run.c
  + if_runvar.h

  > run(4), a driver for Ralink RT2700U/RT2800U/RT3000U USB 802.11agn devices.
  > the driver supports legacy 802.11abg modes only (no 802.11n yet.)
  > WPA works, with hardware encryption/decryption.
  > committed over an RT2800U (RT2870+RT2820).
  > enabled on i386 and amd64 GENERIC only for now.
  > thanks to Paul Lin at Ralink for letting us ship the firmware under an
  > appropriate license.
  > "man page looks ok" jmc@
  > "you should commit it" jsg@, ok deraadt@ (damien@)

net

  ~ rtsock.c

  > Write back the priority the kernel used. Fixes a problem seen in ospfd when
  > routes are added via route(8) -- those where added with the wrong priority
  > and so where not correctly tracked later on.
  > Found and tested by gollo@ (claudio@)

  ~ if_pflow.c                            ~ if_pflow.h

  > sync flow sequence ids on all used pflow interfaces.
  > OK henning@ (gollo@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

ospf6d

  ~ ospfe.c

  > orig_link_lsa() was assuming either virtual or broadcast link.
  > Make it handle other types of links, too.
  > ok claudio@ (stsp@)

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > Since link LSAs live in iface->lsa_tree and not in area->lsa_tree,
  > we had better include LSAs from iface->lsa_tree when sending
  > DB summaries. Fixes initial flood of link LSAs.
  > ok claudio@ (stsp@)

snmpd

  ~ ber.c                                 ~ ber.h