[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-03-04

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 5 07:00:01 GMT 2009

bin/csh                                 etc/group
etc/mail/aliases                        etc/master.passwd
etc/rc                                  share/man
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/dev/pci                             usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/ripd
usr.sbin/smtpd                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/05 ==

csh

  ~ csh.1

  > from wiz at netbsd, -r1.44:
  > Remove weird backslash that somehow must have crept in.
  > Found by joerg and mdocml. (jmc@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/05 ==

group

  ~ group

  > add user and group for smtpd
  > discussed with pyr@ and deraadt@ (gilles@)

mail/aliases

  ~ mail/aliases

  > add _smtpd, ok deraadt@ (gilles@)

master.passwd

  ~ master.passwd

  > add user and group for smtpd
  > discussed with pyr@ and deraadt@ (gilles@)

rc

  ~ rc

  > Don't synchronise carp states in default PF ruleset, these get created
  > on each host and end up conflicting, so they never sync anyways.
  > ok dlg henning (mcbride@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man7/mdoc.7                           ~ man7/mdoc.samples.7

  > adds -p1003.1-2008 to the list of standards for the St macro.
  > ok jmc@ (sobrado@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/m88k/include

  ~ atomic.h

  > Introduce atomic_clear_int() as an MD atomic operation to perform atomic
  > exchange with zero; use it in the soft interrupt code to make it simpler
  > and faster. (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ pmap.h

  > Since 88110 processors can not flush individual TLB entries, instead of
  > flushing the whole TLB block every time a pte is modified, store a bitmask
  > of pending flushes and do them at pmap_update() time. 88100 behaviour is
  > unchanged. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > Fix stupid logic bug in rw_cas_m88k(), makes NFS much happier on SMP
  > kernels. (miod@)

  ~ m88k_machdep.c

  > Introduce atomic_clear_int() as an MD atomic operation to perform atomic
  > exchange with zero; use it in the soft interrupt code to make it simpler
  > and faster. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Since 88110 processors can not flush individual TLB entries, instead of
  > flushing the whole TLB block every time a pte is modified, store a bitmask
  > of pending flushes and do them at pmap_update() time. 88100 behaviour is
  > unchanged. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ pcctworeg.h

  > When handling clock interrupts, check the overflow counter to know how many
  > times hardclock() needs to be invoked; fixes clock drift found on 197DP
  > with SMP kernels. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ m1x7_machdep.c

  > When handling clock interrupts, check the overflow counter to know how many
  > times hardclock() needs to be invoked; fixes clock drift found on 197DP
  > with SMP kernels. (miod@)

  ~ m197_machdep.c

  > Clean up the ipi code a bit and try to provide useful comments as well.
  > (miod@)

dev/pci

  ~ envy.c

  > don't bus_space_unmap() sc->mt_ioh with the wrong bus tag
  > from Alexandr Shadchin <ShadchinAV(at)mail.ru>, Thanks! (ratchov@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

ntpd

  ~ client.c

  > log reason when not synced; ok henning@ (stevesk@)

  ~ client.c

  > received refid should not be converted to host byte order; ok henning@
  > (stevesk@)

  ~ client.c

  > I should know outside data must be vis(3)'d.
  > Don't log kiss code for now. (stevesk@)

ospfd

  ~ auth.c                                ~ buffer.c
  ~ imsg.c                                ~ ospfd.h
  ~ ospfe.c

  > Introduce and use buf_size(buf) instead of buf->wpos -- at least in the non
  > buf/imsg specific code. buf_close() will no force a truncation of the
  > buffer
  > to the wpos but actually add code in imsg.c to detect and report such silly
  > behaviour. Makes the buf API a bit more sane. (claudio@)

ripd

  ~ parse.y

  > typo;
  > unknon -> unknown (michele@)

smtpd

  ~ lka.c                                 ~ smtpd.c

  > plug a memory leak, remove lka session from the the lka session tree when
  > we are done expanding aliases/forwards, and cleanup a bit the expansion
  > code so that I can soon remove some of the duplication. (gilles@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ntp.c