[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-03-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Mar 11 07:00:01 GMT 2009

etc/hosts                               sbin/dhclient
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/amd64/isa
sys/arch/amd64/pci                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/eisa                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/i386/isa
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
usr.sbin/httpd                          usr.sbin/ospf6d
usr.sbin/smtpd

== etc =============================================================== 01/04 ==

hosts

  ~ hosts

  > do not give an example which implies people should put their hostname on
  > 127.0.0.1 or ::1
  > lots of discussion with many, but ok krw (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/04 ==

dhclient

  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ dhclient.c
  ~ options.c

  > Add 6-byte MAC address to the log entries for DHCP ACK/NAK/OFFER.
  > Log the packets before checking the client state. Makes it easy to
  > find MACs for 'surprise' DHCP servers.
  > Positive comments from mbalmer@, jasper at . (krw@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

  ~ bus_dma.c                             ~ bus_space.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable urtw(4)
  > ok jsg@ (kevlo@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > Enable VMware VMXnet Virtual Interface Controller (vic) driver
  > on amd64 as well.
  > ok dlg@ (jsg@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ bus.h

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/amd64/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ iommu.c                               ~ pci_machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

  ~ iommu.c

  > First step in cleaning up amd64 iommu.
  > Firstly, don't keep identical data for each of the GARTs (we keep them
  > in sync, but there is one per cpu socket), all that varies is the
  > pci_tag_t, so just keep an array of those and have the rest of the
  > information once.
  > Secondly, don't keep the softc as a global, use the _cookie field of the
  > dmatag_t, that's what it's there for.
  > Finally, use dmamap_map to map the page tables, instead of the direct NC
  > map.  This is because later changes to support PAT will be a lot easier
  > with one direct map (where we change the cacheability if needed), since
  > otherwise it's just asking for illegal cache aliases.
  > More changes will be upcoming.
  > Tested by a few people, with an without bigmem, thanks to those.
  > weingart@ liked the direction this is going, marco@ and kettenis@ oked it.
  > (oga@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > enable urtw(4)
  > ok jsg@ (kevlo@)

arch/i386/eisa

  ~ eisa_machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ bus_dma.c                             ~ machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ bus.h

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ isa_machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pci_machdep.c

  > remove the _BUS_DMA_PRIVATE define from amd64 and i386.
  > a define needed to get to ``private'' functions that needs to be defined
  > 5 or more times isn't much use and may cause namespace issues anyway.
  > Other archs will probably follow.
  > Discussed in portugal.  "Hell yes" weingart@, ok kettenis@, no
  > objections miod@ (oga@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c

  > Fix cut/paste error.. call _BFS not _PTS
  > ok marco@ (jordan@)

  ~ acpidev.h                             ~ acpiec.c
  ~ acpithinkpad.c                        ~ dsdt.c
  ~ dsdt.h

  > Added sensor devices for Thinkpad (temp+fan)
  > Exported aml_evalinteger method
  > ok marco@ (jordan@)

dev/pci

  ~ ips.c

  > Limit registers space size to some reasonable value. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Add ips_intrds() function to be able to disable interrupts on hardware.
  > (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Add some more debug. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Rearrange physical drive state bits checking so that bioctl gets
  > a correct state value. (grange@)

  ~ ips.c

  > Print scsi xfer flags in debug output. (grange@)

  ~ pcidevs_data.h                        ~ pcidevs.h

  > regen (damien@)

  ~ pcidevs                               ~ if_iwn.c
  ~ if_iwnreg.h

  > cleanup the mess in Intel WiFi Link PCI Ids.
  > WiFi Link 100 Series have been renamed to 1000 Series by Intel too.
  > (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_urtw.c

  > remove IBSS and HostAP modes since these aren't advertised in ic->ic_caps
  > pointed out by jsg@ (kevlo@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

httpd

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper                  ~ src/include/ap_config.h

  > by default drop privs to www/www, not nobody/nogroup if User/Group
  > entries are not present;  or it's being run configless
  > "sure" henning@, "makes sense" merdely@, ok sthen@ (martynas@)

ospf6d

  ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > The linked() function had an identity crisis and referred to itself
  > as "spf_calc" in fatal error messages. (stsp@)

  ~ rde_lsdb.c

  > Revert previous, I committed the wrong file, should have been rde_spf.c.
  > (stsp@)

  ~ rde_spf.c

  > The linked() function had an identity crisis and referred to itself
  > as "spf_calc" in fatal error messages. (stsp@)

smtpd

  ~ util.c

  > ascribe copyright to code taken from OpenSSH, pointed out by deraadt
  > (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > fork(2) or socketpair(2) failures are temporary, delivery attempt should be
  > retried later; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > it's simpler to use pipe(2) than socketpair(2) to communicate with
  > external mda; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > - Use setsid(2) to create new process group for external mda.
  > - Unignore SIGPIPE, otherwise it remains ignored in forked mda.
  > - Use closefrom(2) to close all descriptors apart from stdin/stdout/stderr.
  > ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > kill few lines, saving one seteuid(2) call; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > run external mda with cwd set to $HOME or /; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ smtpd.c

  > when calling external mda, use restricted environment; ok gilles@ (jacekm@)

  ~ mda.c                                 ~ mta.c
  ~ smtp_session.c                        ~ smtpd.h