[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-03-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Mar 31 07:00:01 BST 2009

lib/libkvm                              sbin/disklabel
sbin/fdisk                              share/man
sys/arch/alpha/pci                      sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm/xscale
sys/arch/hppa/dev                       sys/arch/hppa64/dev
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/mvmeppc/pci
sys/arch/sgi/pci                        sys/arch/sgi/xbow
sys/arch/socppc/dev                     sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/nfs                                 usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/systat

== lib =============================================================== 01/05 ==

libkvm

  ~ kvm_amd64.c

  > Mop up after oga@ and unbreak the tree.  The direct uncached map is gone so
  > remove the code from libkvm that dealt with it. (kettenis@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/05 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c                           ~ editor.c

  > lint; mostly unused variables, carefully checked against all platforms
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ disklabel.8

  > Document new 'U' editor command.
  > Prodded by & ok jmc@ (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Oops. Document new 'U' editor command in '?' output too.
  > Prodded by & ok jmc@ (krw@)

fdisk

  ~ fdisk.8

  > some improvements inspired by a mail on misc@ from frantisek holop:
  > - clarify the terms geometry sectors field and start field
  > - change the fdisk prompt from 0 to 1, and explain its meaning
  > - temper CAVEATS: the note is "common practice", not mandatory
  > from nick and myself (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/fins.4

  > document new versions supported (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/sk.4

  > sort the hardware list; from brad (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/alpha/pci

  ~ apecs.c                               ~ cia.c
  ~ irongate.c                            ~ lca.c
  ~ mcpcia.c                              ~ tsc.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ pmap.c

  > Remove the direct uncached map. All its users have been removed.
  > In the future, we need to mark the correct parts of the direct map
  > uncached, but that's another diff.
  > art@, kettenis@ ok. (oga@)

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > make the code look the same; ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > Remove the direct uncached map. All its users have been removed.
  > In the future, we need to mark the correct parts of the direct map
  > uncached, but that's another diff.
  > art@, kettenis@ ok. (oga@)

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ i80321.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ dino.c                                ~ elroy.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/hppa64/dev

  ~ elroy.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > don't use pmapflags unitialized. Fixes envy(4) consuming 80% CPU
  > when recording
  > ok oga, deraadt (ratchov@)

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > make the code look the same; ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/pci

  ~ mpcpcibr.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/sgi/pci

  ~ macepcibridge.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  ~ xbridge.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

arch/socppc/dev

  ~ socpcic.c

  > bzero pci attach args (kettenis@)

dev/isa

  ~ fins.c

  > Support for more chipset versions, written by Ian Lindsay (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ drm/drmP.h                            ~ drm/drm_irq.c
  ~ drm/i915_drv.h

  > Remove the DRM_SPIN lock macros, just expand them to mutex operations.
  > (oga@)

  ~ drm/drm_drv.c

  > Zap a superfluous newline in the drmprint function, it messes up output
  > if you disable the device.
  > noticed by deraadt at . (oga@)

  ~ if_bnx.c

  > switch to MCLGETI.
  > this conversion is the easiest ive done so far. the mbuf allocation wrapper
  > in the driver already had code to handle a failing cluster allocator as
  > part of a test harness, now we test that code all the time with MCLGETI.
  > ok kettenis@
  > tested by phessler@ (dlg@)

  ~ if_sk.c                               ~ if_skvar.h

  > Switch sk(4) over to using MCLGETI when allocating mbufs for the RX ring.
  > Another evil jumbo allocator bites the dust. (kettenis@)

kern

  ~ uipc_socket2.c

  > bzero -> PR_ZERO
  > ok art@, henning@ (blambert@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_serv.c                            ~ nfs_subs.c
  ~ nfs_var.h                             ~ nfsm_subs.h

  > Convert a sizeable macro to a much-leaner function. Saves (IIRC) 5k on
  > i386.
  > In snaps for a while. (blambert@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > kill rp_lines, we do not need it when parsing an RCS file.
  > incendently, commit made using opencvs entirely.
  > with permission from deraadt@ (joris@)

systat

  ~ vmstat.c