[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-11-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Nov 19 07:00:02 GMT 2009

distrib/notes                           distrib/special
lib/libc                                share/man
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/sgi/conf
sys/arch/sgi/dev                        sys/arch/sgi/pci
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/sgi/xbow
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
usr.bin/tmux

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ mirrors

  > sync (sthen@)

special

  ~ libstubs/Makefile

  > More shrinkage, a bit for ramdisks but mostly for static binaries:
  > - wrap with #ifndef NO_LOG_BAD_DNS_RESPONSES libc code that uses
  > p_class() and p_type() for diagnostics, then add that define to
  > libstub to avoid pulling in res_debug_syms.o
  > - split rcmd() and ruserok() into separate files, as nothing uses both
  > - split readdir_r() to its own file
  > - split syslog_r() from syslog(), as the latter needs localtime(); many
  > binaries no longer need to pull in all the time code after this; switch
  > from usleep() to nanosleep() while we're at it
  > (The profit of analysis of -Wl,-M,--cref output)
  > Chops 888kB from /bin and /sbin on i386
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (guenther@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/05 ==

  ~ gen/readdir.c                         ~ gen/syslog.c
  ~ gen/Makefile.inc                      ~ net/Makefile.inc
  ~ net/getaddrinfo.c                     ~ net/gethostnamadr.c
  ~ net/rcmd.c                            + gen/readdir_r.c
  + gen/syslog_r.c                        + net/ruserok.c

  > More shrinkage, a bit for ramdisks but mostly for static binaries:
  > - wrap with #ifndef NO_LOG_BAD_DNS_RESPONSES libc code that uses
  > p_class() and p_type() for diagnostics, then add that define to
  > libstub to avoid pulling in res_debug_syms.o
  > - split rcmd() and ruserok() into separate files, as nothing uses both
  > - split readdir_r() to its own file
  > - split syslog_r() from syslog(), as the latter needs localtime(); many
  > binaries no longer need to pull in all the time code after this; switch
  > from usleep() to nanosleep() while we're at it
  > (The profit of analysis of -Wl,-M,--cref output)
  > Chops 888kB from /bin and /sbin on i386
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (guenther@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man4/man4.sgi/iockbc.4                ~ man4/man4.sgi/iof.4

  > Add glue to attach iockbc(4) to iof(4) as well. Tested by deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ man4/man4.sgi/mavb.4

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

  > Don't whinge about not knowing the bus_clock for EP80579 (model 0x15)
  > as there is no FSB and the processors don't have speedstep anyway. (jsg@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pte.h

  > Stricter type usage (width and signedness); first step towards 64 bit ptes.
  > (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ pmap.c                                ~ tlbhandler.S
  ~ trap.c

  > Stricter type usage (width and signedness); first step towards 64 bit ptes.
  > (miod@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ GENERIC-IP27                          ~ files.sgi

  > Add glue to attach iockbc(4) to iof(4) as well. Tested by deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ iockbc.c                              + iockbcreg.h

  > Add glue to attach iockbc(4) to iof(4) as well. Tested by deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ mavb.c

  > * always move the same amount of data (256 frames) in the interrupt handler
  > * round blocksizes to multiples of 256 frames
  > * fix display of record.source.volume and add record.mic.preamp
  > mixer controls
  > * add recording support
  > ok kettenis at .  ok ratchov@ on a slightly different version. (jakemsr@)

arch/sgi/pci

  ~ iocreg.h                              ~ iofreg.h

  > Add glue to attach iockbc(4) to iof(4) as well. Tested by deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ ip27_machdep.c                        ~ ip30_machdep.c

  > Move widget register information apart from xbow software interface, and
  > update #include needs. No functional change. (miod@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  ~ xbow.c                                ~ xbow.h
  ~ xbridge.c                             + widget.h

  > Move widget register information apart from xbow software interface, and
  > update #include needs. No functional change. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ aic7xxx.c

  > panic on impossible error code
  > potential off-by-one found by parfait
  > ok deraadt@, krw@ (halex@)

  ~ ad1843reg.h

  > * always move the same amount of data (256 frames) in the interrupt handler
  > * round blocksizes to multiples of 256 frames
  > * fix display of record.source.volume and add record.mic.preamp
  > mixer controls
  > * add recording support
  > ok kettenis at .  ok ratchov@ on a slightly different version. (jakemsr@)

  > More EP80579 devices. (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  > - regen (jasper@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > - add startech.com and the product id for their ICUSB2321X/2X/4X devices,
  > which seem to be a multiport TIUSB3410, which uticom(4) can't deal with
  > yet.
  > hints from sthen@ (jasper@)

net

  ~ if_vether.c

  > set IFCAP_VLAN_MTU; from brad (deraadt@)

  ~ if_trunk.c                            ~ if_vlan.c

  > do not do setup that ether_ifattach() takes care of; ok jsg (deraadt@)

  ~ if_vether.c

  > improve the bpf path.  packets we send out via the bridge are seen, but
  > those that come in the bridge are still invisible.	the bridge is going
  > to have to bpf those for us. (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

tmux

  ~ cmd-list-keys.c                       ~ tmux.1

  > Mark -n keys with (no prefix) rather than []. (nicm@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ cmd-set-option.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ key-bindings.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ status.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.c
  ~ tmux.h                                + cmd-show-messages.c

  > Add a per-client log of status line messages displayed while that client
  > exists. A new message-limit session option sets the maximum number of
  > entries
  > and a command, show-messages, shows the log (bound to ~ by default).
  > This (and prompt history) might be better as a single global log but until
  > there are global options it is easier for them to be per client. (nicm@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ grid.c
  ~ screen-write.c                        ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ tty.c
  ~ window-copy.c                         + grid-utf8.c

  > Cleanup by moving various (mostly horrible) little bits handling UTF-8 grid
  > data into functions in a new file, grid-utf8.c, and use sizeof intead of
  > UTF8_DATA.
  > Also nuke trailing whitespace from tmux.1, reminded by jmc. (nicm@)

  ~ window-copy.c