[odc] Daily src changes for 2009-11-25

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Nov 26 07:00:01 GMT 2009

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
sbin/bioctl                             share/man
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/mips64/conf
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/sgi/dev                        sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/arch/sgi/localbus                   sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/sgi/xbow                       sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/netinet6
sys/sys                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.aviion
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa64                  ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.landisk                 ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.palm
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ nls/it.msg

  > Italian translations
  > "syntax looks good" guenther@ (giovanni@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.8

  > Move the -p option to the correct place.
  > ok jmc@ (jsing@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/azalia.4

  > impedence -> impedance; from Brad Tilley (jmc@)

  ~ man4/em.4                             ~ man4/Makefile
  + man4/gcu.4

  > gcu(4) manpage, add information bout EP80579 support to em(4) as well
  > 'just go ahead' deraadt@ (dms@)

  ~ man4/em.4                             ~ man4/gcu.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > +gcu (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ acpi_wakecode.S

  > Make sure we get a clean gdt from the BIOS.
  > Some vendors screw us up on resume giving back a dirty gdt which
  > prevents us to go into protected mode. This makes sure the gdt is
  > clean, its the only way to do this and its the only way to be sure
  > we're clean on resume.
  > This fixes quite a few laptops that didn't resume but rebooted or did
  > other screwy things because of a dirty gdt.
  > Worked with mlarkin@ for quite a few houres last night.
  > Tested by many on both amd64 and i386.
  > Okay deraadt at . (pirofti@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ machdep.c

  > Fix typo.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add ci_randseed.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > add gcu(4) to GENERIC and RAMDISK_CD
  > ok deraadt@ (dms@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Repair typo in commented-out DRM option, 'sure' oga@ (ian@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ acpi_wakecode.S

  > Make sure we get a clean gdt from the BIOS.
  > Some vendors screw us up on resume giving back a dirty gdt which
  > prevents us to go into protected mode. This makes sure the gdt is
  > clean, its the only way to do this and its the only way to be sure
  > we're clean on resume.
  > This fixes quite a few laptops that didn't resume but rebooted or did
  > other screwy things because of a dirty gdt.
  > Worked with mlarkin@ for quite a few houres last night.
  > Tested by many on both amd64 and i386.
  > Okay deraadt at . (pirofti@)

arch/mips64/conf

  ~ files.mips64

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cpu.c                                 + ipifuncs.c

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ power.c

  > Allow xbow_intr_establish() callers to provide optional storage for the
  > struct intrhand, instead of having it malloc()'ed. (miod@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ intr.h

  > Allow xbow_intr_establish() callers to provide optional storage for the
  > struct intrhand, instead of having it malloc()'ed. (miod@)

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ intr.h

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ macebus.c

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ ip27_machdep.c

  > Allow xbow_intr_establish() callers to provide optional storage for the
  > struct intrhand, instead of having it malloc()'ed. (miod@)

  ~ intr_template.c                       ~ ip27_machdep.c
  ~ ip30_machdep.c

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

  ~ ip27_machdep.c

  > Unbreak GENERIC-IP27. (jsing@)

arch/sgi/xbow

  ~ xbow.c                                ~ xbow.h
  ~ xbridge.c                             ~ xheart.c

  > Allow xbow_intr_establish() callers to provide optional storage for the
  > struct intrhand, instead of having it malloc()'ed. (miod@)

  ~ xheart.c

  > IP30 IPI implementation.
  > Also few xheart modification for SMP.
  > ok miod@ (syuu@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ intr.c

  > Clear any pending interrupts.  This should not matter, since we're at
  > splhigh(),
  > but I get the feeling this may be an issue for some of the schizo(4) error
  > interrupts. (kettenis@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpibtn.c

  > Handle the notification types for LID and Sleep button a bit more
  > specifically.  On some thinkpads we get 0x02 for the Fn button, which
  > means that it is going to handle the next bit for us.  After that,
  > we get an suspend key event in acpithinkpad.
  > ok pirofti (deraadt@)

  ~ acpithinkpad.c

  > Thinkpad button suspends; ok mlarkin (deraadt@)

  ~ acpibtn.c

  > Suspend when the lid closes (but not when it opens again).
  > ok deraadt@, mlarkin@, pirofti@ (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ athn.c

  > single-stream parts (AR9285) have a hardware bug that limits the
  > usable size of the PCU TX FIFO to 2KB even though the hardware
  > has 4KB. (damien@)

  ~ athn.c

  > fix previous (damien@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_vr.c

  > Do not call vr_stop() and vr_reset() before calling vr_init(), because
  > the latter does that itself.
  > ok claudio (deraadt@)

  ~ if_vr.c

  > Re-enable the debug messages from bus errors and tx underruns so that
  > we can dianose if those ever happen.
  > ok claudio (deraadt@)

  ~ if_vr.c

  > Consider any tx buffer that is freed in vr_stop() to be an unsent
  > packet, ie. an output error.  This way, we'll be able to see if the
  > seized interfaces had tx packets queued.
  > ok claudio (deraadt@)

  ~ if_vr.c

  > Just some minor cleanup. OK deraadt@ (claudio@)

  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_em.h
  ~ if_em_hw.c                            ~ if_em_hw.h
  ~ files.pci                             + if_em_soc.c
  + if_em_soc.h                           + gcu.c
  + gcu.h                                 + gcu_reg.h

  > Add support for em(4) interfaces found on intel EP80579 SoC. The MAC part
  > is
  > basicly 82545, but the PHY's are separated form the chip and they are
  > accessed
  > through a special PCI device called GCU which has the MDIO interface. Since
  > there is no direct relationship between MAC and PHY, so for the moment they
  > are assigned to each other the way its done on Axiomtek NA-200, that was
  > danted to us by them.
  > This also adds a device driver for the GCU.
  > tested by me on Axiomtek board
  > reviewed by claudio@, kettenis@, deraadt@
  > 'commit that as is' deraadt@ (dms@)

  ~ drm/i915_drv.c

  > oopsy. don't fuck the offset when we wrap the ring with NOOPs.
  > fixes the lockups for claudio. (oga@)

  ~ if_em_hw.c

  > fix default phy_addr makes 82545 work again
  > ok claudio@ (dms@)

dev/usb

  ~ ukbd.c

  > Ignore repeated data in ukbd_intr(), for keyboards who flood us on a
  > regular
  > basis even in the absence of keyboard events; Naturetech onboard keyboard
  > no longer loses keystrokes.
  > Joint work with kettenis@ (miod@)

  ~ ukbd.c

  > Simpler logic to ignore the Naturetech keyboard babbling; discard extra
  > data if we already have pending data to process in the timeout handler.
  > help kettenis@; commited from the Naturetech #$@!&! machine. (miod@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > - add another NEC hub and rename the other two hubs for proper enumeration
  > "go for it" kettenis@ (jasper@)

  > - regen (jasper@)

kern

  ~ kern_sched.c                          ~ kern_xxx.c

  > Add a mechanism to stop the scheduler from scheduling processes on a
  > particular CPU such that it just sits and spins in the idle loop,
  > effectively
  > halting that CPU.
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

netinet6

  ~ ip6_output.c

  > Small cleanup for setsockopt IPSEC6_OUTSA:
  > No need to wrap input validation inside spltdb().
  > Simplify code by using a break instead of an else-block.
  > OK guenther@ (mpf@)

sys

  ~ sched.h

  > Add a mechanism to stop the scheduler from scheduling processes on a
  > particular CPU such that it just sits and spins in the idle loop,
  > effectively
  > halting that CPU.
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_object.h

  > re-add uvm_objwire and uvm_objunwire. needed for intel GEM support.
  > It was backed out as part of the date-based revert after c2k9.
  > "you can commit that" kettenis@
  > original diff oked by ariane@, art at . (oga@)

  + uvm_object.c

  > something hairy happened with cvs so this file didn't get added.
  > re-add uvm_objwire and uvm_objunwire.
  > "you may commit that" kettenis@
  > original diff oked by ariane@ and art@ (oga@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

tmux

  ~ input-keys.c                          ~ tmux.h

  > Output the right keys for application and number keypad modes (they were
  > the
  > wrong way round). (nicm@)

ospfd

  ~ parse.y