[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-04-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 6 07:00:01 BST 2010

distrib/miniroot                        gnu/usr.bin/perl
sbin/ldattach                           share/man
share/termtypes                         share/zoneinfo
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.bin/grep
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.bin/tr
usr.sbin/mrouted                        usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > purge extra spaces which make the media cry (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/07 ==

usr.bin/perl

  ~ lib/Pod/Perldoc.pm

  > let perldoc -f use mandoc.
  > okay millert@ (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

ldattach

  ~ ldattach.8

  > -indet is not a valid .Bl option, it should be -indent.  But what mandoc(1)
  > did was spit that out on the next line of output, without warning, which
  > is a bug in mandoc(1)... (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/sppp.4

  > fix up AUTHORS; ok schwarze (jmc@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > Document the lang/mono MODULE. (ajacoutot@)

termtypes

  ~ termtypes.master

  > Change kbs for the screen entry to \177, both tmux and GNU screen use
  > this on OpenBSD.
  > Fixes a problem seen by zinovik at .
  > makes sense to millert and ok deraadt (nicm@)

zoneinfo

  ~ datfiles/africa                       ~ datfiles/antarctica
  ~ datfiles/asia                         ~ datfiles/australasia
  ~ datfiles/europe                       ~ datfiles/zone.tab

  > Update to tzdata2010h from elsie.nci.nih.gov (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ vector.S

  > Fix indentation. (kettenis@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ kvm86call.S

  > Make this work properly after the cpu_info indexing change.
  > tested by ratchov@ (kettenis@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Be sure to preserve boot code load address and size information when
  > writing a new VID label. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ disksubr.c

  > Be sure to preserve boot code load address and size information when
  > writing a new VID label. (miod@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > add support for ata disks with block sizes other than 512 bytes. i havent
  > ever seen one, but the spec describes how to do it. (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > add support for READ_CAPACITY_16. (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > populate the logical per physical exponent of the read cap 16 reply by
  > factoring the processing that the limits vpd page does out.
  > this will be easier when i get hold of a disk that does provide values in
  > these ata identify fields. (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c                             ~ atascsi.h

  > fill in the the lowest aligned logical block address field. it
  > indicates the LBA of the first logical block that is located at the
  > beginning of a physical block
  > implemented as best as i can by my understanding of the spec. not tested
  > yet. (dlg@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ if_ral_cardbus.c

  > Initial bits for >=RT3090 support.
  > Probably not functionnal yet (but test reports are welcome).
  > Update microcode for RT2860 while I'm here (remember to run
  > make && make install under sys/dev/microcode/ral/). (damien@)

dev/ic

  ~ rt2860.c                              ~ rt2860reg.h
  ~ rt2860var.h

  > Initial bits for >=RT3090 support.
  > Probably not functionnal yet (but test reports are welcome).
  > Update microcode for RT2860 while I'm here (remember to run
  > make && make install under sys/dev/microcode/ral/). (damien@)

  ~ ar9287.c                              ~ athn.c
  ~ rt2860.c

  > fix regression on RT2860C introduced in previous commit. (damien@)

  ~ athn.c                                ~ ar9287.c

  > backout these two files i committed by accident. (damien@)

dev/microcode

  ~ ral/microcode.h

  > Initial bits for >=RT3090 support.
  > Probably not functionnal yet (but test reports are welcome).
  > Update microcode for RT2860 while I'm here (remember to run
  > make && make install under sys/dev/microcode/ral/). (damien@)

  > new Ralink PCI IDs (damien@)

  > sync (damien@)

  ~ if_ral_pci.c

  > Initial bits for >=RT3090 support.
  > Probably not functionnal yet (but test reports are welcome).
  > Update microcode for RT2860 while I'm here (remember to run
  > make && make install under sys/dev/microcode/ral/). (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_urndis.c

  > Remove a useless usbd_get_interface_descriptor.
  > "iff you commit over the Hero" mk@ (armani@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

aucat

  ~ legacy.c

  > fix playback of .au files on big-endian machines (jakemsr@)

grep

  ~ grep.1                                ~ grep.c
  ~ grep.h                                ~ util.c

  > remove some non-POSIX standard non-GNU defacto standard options, mostly
  > relating to symlinks that you can get with find.  And a bonus fts flag fix.
  > With a small tweak by guenther.  ok deraadt guenther jmc millert nicm
  > (tedu@)

  ~ grep.1

  > make this page read a little better; (jmc@)

tmux

  ~ tmux.1

  > Mention title setting, and the new default. (nicm@)

tr

  ~ tr.1

  > incorrect comment introduction; noticed by claus with mandoc (deraadt@)

mrouted

  ~ mrouted.8

  > Another incorrect comment introduction.  \." != .\" (deraadt@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/UpdateSet.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Vstat.pm

  > clean-up validate_plists a bit, so that it starts with a clean state.
  > new feature: if a normal updateset order does not fit, let the user decide
  > to do a "dangerous update", by deleting older packages first (if they fit).
  > tweak really_add to do so: move delete old packages out of the way, and add
  > a new state variable (extracted_first) to distinguish between both replace
  > modes. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm

  > add an extra "mandoc" category that behaves exactly like man for now (to
  > be used for distinguishing between pages that require groff and those that
  > don't) (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create                            ~ OpenBSD/Paths.pm

  > auto-format manpages with /usr/local/bin/groff if -DUSE_GROFF=1 (espie@)

  ~ pkg_create                            ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm             ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/UpdateSet.pm