[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-08-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Aug 6 07:00:02 BST 2010

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/notes
lib/libc                                lib/libgssapi
lib/libkrb5                             sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/bluetooth                       sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/net
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/acpidump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Return the old behaviour of exiting if a mount fails rather than ignoring
  > it
  > ok krw@ (halex@)

notes

  ~ mirrors

  > sync from mirrors.dat (sthen@)

  ~ mirrors

  > sync (sthen@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/05 ==

  ~ citrus/citrus_utf8.c

  > The UTF-8 decoder should not accept byte sequences which decode to unicode
  > code positions U+D800 to U+DFFF (UTF-16 surrogates), U+FFFE, and U+FFFF.
  > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8
  > http://unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#utf8-4
  > ok phessler, millert, miod, deraadt (stsp@)

libgssapi

  ~ generated/asn1_MechTypeList.c         ~ generated/spnego_asn1.h

  > Regenerate files that were affected by changes to asn1_compile that were
  > made years ago.
  > ok deraadt@ (guenther@)

libkrb5

  ~ generated/asn1_AuthorizationData.c    ~ generated/asn1_ETYPE_INFO.c
  ~ generated/asn1_ETYPE_INFO2.c          ~ generated/asn1_EncKrbCredPart.c
  ~ generated/asn1_EtypeList.c            ~ generated/asn1_HostAddresses.c
  ~ generated/asn1_KDC_REQ_BODY.c         ~ generated/asn1_KRB_CRED.c
  ~ generated/asn1_LastReq.c              ~ generated/asn1_METHOD_DATA.c
  ~ generated/asn1_PA_SAM_CHALLENGE_2.c   ~ generated/asn1_PrincipalName.c
  ~ generated/asn1_hdb_entry.c            ~ generated/hdb_asn1.h
  ~ generated/krb5_asn1.h

== sys =============================================================== 03/05 ==

  > new i386/amd64 machdep.lidsuspend sysctl which decides whether a lid
  > close causes a suspend.  resumes are not tied to this; they happen
  > unconditionally.  this is a temporary knob for the 4.8 release; afterwards
  > it will move to a more convenient place
  > much moaning discussing where to put the knob with kettenis
  > tested by various including phessler (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > new i386/amd64 machdep.lidsuspend sysctl which decides whether a lid
  > close causes a suspend.  resumes are not tied to this; they happen
  > unconditionally.  this is a temporary knob for the 4.8 release; afterwards
  > it will move to a more convenient place
  > much moaning discussing where to put the knob with kettenis
  > tested by various including phessler (deraadt@)

  > new i386/amd64 machdep.lidsuspend sysctl which decides whether a lid
  > close causes a suspend.  resumes are not tied to this; they happen
  > unconditionally.  this is a temporary knob for the 4.8 release; afterwards
  > it will move to a more convenient place
  > much moaning discussing where to put the knob with kettenis
  > tested by various including phessler (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > new i386/amd64 machdep.lidsuspend sysctl which decides whether a lid
  > close causes a suspend.  resumes are not tied to this; they happen
  > unconditionally.  this is a temporary knob for the 4.8 release; afterwards
  > it will move to a more convenient place
  > much moaning discussing where to put the knob with kettenis
  > tested by various including phessler (deraadt@)

dev/acpi

  ~ dsdt.c

  > Add Windows2009 to the valid osi table; from marco, suggested as a trial
  > by kettenis a while back, lots of you have been running this.
  > If you have new problems try without this and report. (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > Fix the power button.  The pm1 register is 16 bits in size.
  > My mistake, a while back.
  > tested by krw (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > Write to the correct offset for various ACPI pmreg registers. Writing to
  > the correct register does properly clear the wake status bits and fixed
  > event bits, which allows some machines to have more than 1 suspend cycle.
  > bug spotted by deraadt@
  > tested by deraadt@ and myself on a half-dozen machines and others on
  > hackers@
  > ok deraadt@, marco@ (mlarkin@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > rename a variable which is annoyingly poorly named (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c                                ~ acpibtn.c
  ~ acpivar.h

  > PM1 power button events were generating 'fake events' to acpibtn PWRB,
  > but if there is no such device these were being tossed.  Instead, arrange
  > for all power button handlers to flag a softc variable which is processed
  > by the thread; so that one place will know to request a powerdown (psignal
  > to init)
  > ok marco mlarkin (deraadt@)

  ~ acpibtn.c

  > Wakeup machine when lid is opened on laptops that have acpibtn _LID.
  > initial diff from me, this version pruned by deraadt
  > ok deraadt (marco@)

  ~ acpibtn.c

  > lid suspend logic was backwards (deraadt@)

  ~ acpibtn.c

  > new i386/amd64 machdep.lidsuspend sysctl which decides whether a lid
  > close causes a suspend.  resumes are not tied to this; they happen
  > unconditionally.  this is a temporary knob for the 4.8 release; afterwards
  > it will move to a more convenient place
  > much moaning discussing where to put the knob with kettenis
  > tested by various including phessler (deraadt@)

dev/bluetooth

  ~ bthidev.c                             ~ bthidev.h
  ~ btkbd.c

  > Allow bthidev_output() to not grab the bt lock, to prevent lock
  > recursion when trying to send commands from input callbacks. Makes the
  > caps/num/scroll lock keys on btkbd correctly lit the leds instead of
  > panic'ing.
  > Noticed and fix tested by mlarkin@, "do whatever you want in bt" deraadt@
  > (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ dc.c                                  ~ dcreg.h

  > ca_activate function for suspend/resume; tested by mlarkin on a
  > Davicom DM9102.  (bit of noise on suspend or resume, but that can be
  > dealt with later) (deraadt@)

  ~ pckbc.c

  > Change the management of commands in the active commands TAILQ to let
  > issuers
  > of synchronous commands perform the TAILQ_REMOVE of the command themselves,
  > instead of relying upon this being done for us if tsleep() returns zero.
  > Since we momentarily set `cold' again around suspend, tsleep() becomes a
  > no-op, which broke this assumption, and in turn caused TAILQ corruption,
  > with items being put on the freelist while still on the active list.
  > Found the hard way by ray@ playing with wsmoused after resume. (miod@)

  ~ sili.c                                ~ silivar.h

  > Suspend/resume support for sili(4).  Not perfect yet, but prevents us from
  > getting stuck.  Based on an initial diff from deraadt at . (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_dc_pci.c

  > ca_activate function for suspend/resume; tested by mlarkin on a
  > Davicom DM9102.  (bit of noise on suspend or resume, but that can be
  > dealt with later) (deraadt@)

  ~ sili_pci.c

  > Suspend/resume support for sili(4).  Not perfect yet, but prevents us from
  > getting stuck.  Based on an initial diff from deraadt at . (kettenis@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > In pf_icmp_mapping() the ICMP and ICMPv6 types shared the same
  > number space.  In fact they are independent and must be handled
  > separately.  Fix traceroute via pf by splitting pf_icmp_mapping()
  > into IPv4 and IPv6 sections.
  > ok henning@ mcbride@; tested mcbride@; sure deraadt@ (bluhm@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/05 ==

  ~ channels.c

  > Fix a trio of bugs in the local/remote window calculation for datagram
  > data channels (i.e. TunnelForward):
  > Calculate local_consumed correctly in channel_handle_wfd() by measuring
  > the delta to buffer_len(c->output) from when we start to when we finish.
  > The proximal problem here is that the output_filter we use in portable
  > modified the length of the dequeued datagram (to futz with the headers
  > for !OpenBSD).
  > In channel_output_poll(), don't enqueue datagrams that won't fit in the
  > peer's advertised packet size (highly unlikely to ever occur) or which
  > won't fit in the peer's remaining window (more likely).
  > In channel_input_data(), account for the 4-byte string header in
  > datagram packets that we accept from the peer and enqueue in c->output.
  > report, analysis and testing 2/3 cases from wierbows AT us.ibm.com;
  > "looks good" markus@ (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 05/05 ==

acpidump

  - acpi.c                                - acpi_user.c
  - acpidump.h                            - aml_dump.c
  - asl_dump.c                            - debug.h
  ~ Makefile                              ~ acpidump.8
  ~ acpidump.c

  > kill kill kill the aml parser, kill kill kill it until it is dead
  > ok deraadt (marco@)

  - aml/aml_amlmem.h                      - aml/aml_common.h
  - aml/aml_evalobj.c                     - aml/aml_memman.c
  - aml/aml_name.c                        - aml/aml_obj.c
  - aml/aml_parse.c                       - aml/aml_region.h
  - aml/aml_store.c                       - aml/aml_amlmem.c
  - aml/aml_common.c                      - aml/aml_env.h
  - aml/aml_evalobj.h                     - aml/aml_memman.h
  - aml/aml_name.h                        - aml/aml_obj.h
  - aml/aml_parse.h                       - aml/aml_status.h
  - aml/aml_store.h