[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-08-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Aug 28 07:00:01 BST 2010

libexec/ftpd                            sbin/wpa-psk
sys/arch/arm/xscale                     sys/arch/beagle/dev
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/loongson/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/arch/vax/qbus
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/arch/zaurus/zaurus
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/sdmmc                           sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.sbin/ldpd

== libexec =========================================================== 01/04 ==

ftpd

  ~ ftpd.c

  > In revision 1.14 of ftpd.c the ident variable was removed from its only
  > meaningful usage when a snprintf call was removed, rendering ident useless.
  > Time to remove remaining code.
  > ok tobias@ (lum@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/04 ==

wpa-psk

  ~ wpa-psk.8

  > put .Os in the correct place; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ pxa27x_udc.c                          ~ pxa2x0_com.c
  ~ pxa2x0_lcd.c                          ~ pxa2x0_ohci.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

arch/beagle/dev

  ~ omap_com.c                            ~ omdisplay.c
  ~ omehci.c                              ~ ommmc.c
  ~ omohci.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ apm.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ apm.c

  > Run powerhooks with interrupts blocked.  This requires a bit of a song and
  > dance since some laptops unsuspend out of apm with interrupts enabled?!
  > That causes problems with shared interrupts... but also it would be best
  > if we treat powerhook functions (now backed by activate functions) the same
  > as
  > acpi treats them, and it means that the powerhook wrappers don't need to do
  > their own spl protection.
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ smfb.c                                ~ smfbreg.h
  ~ voyagerreg.h

  > screen blanking code for SM502, and some smfb code cleanup. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ tda.c

  > caught a small typo while reading the code: senor -> sensor (robert@)

arch/vax/qbus

  ~ if_de.c

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_audio.c                        ~ zaurus_scoop.c
  ~ zts.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/zaurus

  ~ zaurus_lcd.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpiasus.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > Make PCI Power Management optional, and only enable it when acpi(4)
  > attaches.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ if_fxp_cardbus.c

  > Since the pci-specific activate function does nothing, move it to fxp.c.
  > Then it is possible for fxp_powerhook to use it. (deraadt@)

  ~ if_pgt_cardbus.c

  > Massage the powerhook function into an activate function, and since we do
  > not neccessarily have a working filesystem for the firmware yet, use a
  > workq
  > to postpone resume.  Then make the powerhook function call the activate
  > function.  There remains some questions about the sc_power functions...
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ ath.c                                 ~ atw.c
  ~ pgt.c                                 ~ rt2560.c
  ~ rt2661.c                              ~ rt2860.c
  ~ rtw.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ mpi.c

  > get some format strings and variables right in debug output (dlg@)

  ~ gemvar.h

  > gem never had any powerhook support (deraadt@)

  ~ xl.c                                  ~ xlreg.h

  > Move the xl_pci_activate function into xl_activate so that it is in the
  > sub-driver, and then xl_powerhook can simply be a wrapper around it
  > ok kettenis; discussion about nested structure aliasing with miod
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ rt2560.c                              ~ rt2560var.h
  ~ rt2661.c                              ~ rt2661var.h
  ~ rt2860.c                              ~ rt2860var.h

  > Stop calling xxx_power() from xxx_resume(); instead do it the other way
  > around.
  > Get rid of the sc_power() callback, which isn't used anymore.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ acx.c                                 ~ an.c
  ~ ath.c                                 ~ athn.c
  ~ bwi.c                                 ~ malo.c
  ~ pgt.c                                 ~ re.c
  ~ rt2560.c                              ~ rt2661.c
  ~ rt2860.c

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

  ~ fxp.c                                 ~ fxpvar.h

  > Since the pci-specific activate function does nothing, move it to fxp.c.
  > Then it is possible for fxp_powerhook to use it. (deraadt@)

  ~ ath.c                                 ~ athvar.h

  > Get rid of the clumsy pci_activate function and do this job inside ath.c
  > so that the powerhook wrapper can get at it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ dc.c                                  ~ dcreg.h

  > Move the dc_pci_activate function to dc.c, and mangle it up with some of
  > the gunk in dc_powerhook.  Then make dc_powerhook just call it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ pgt.c                                 ~ pgtvar.h

  > Massage the powerhook function into an activate function, and since we do
  > not neccessarily have a working filesystem for the firmware yet, use a
  > workq
  > to postpone resume.  Then make the powerhook function call the activate
  > function.  There remains some questions about the sc_power functions...
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ rtl81x9.c                             ~ rtl81x9reg.h

  > Move the activate function from pci to the the main driver, so that the
  > powerhook can use it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ aps.c

  > Mutilate the powerhook function into an activate function, then create
  > a stub powerhook function to call it. (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ esa.c                                 ~ pccbb.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ auixp.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

  ~ if_ix.c                               ~ if_ix.h
  ~ if_ixgb.c                             ~ if_ixgb.h

  > These do not need powerhook functions.
  > ok jsg (deraadt@)

  ~ safevar.h

  > no need for a sc_suspended variable (deraadt@)

  ~ sdhc_pci.c

  > Improve sdhc_activate, and make sdhc_powerhook a simple wrapper around
  > it for now
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_xl_pci.c

  > Move the xl_pci_activate function into xl_activate so that it is in the
  > sub-driver, and then xl_powerhook can simply be a wrapper around it
  > ok kettenis; discussion about nested structure aliasing with miod
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > Have the em powerhook call the activate function, which does a way better
  > job of taking the chip up and down. (deraadt@)

  ~ auixp.c                               ~ auixpvar.h

  > Delete #if'd out powerhook code which is just unfinished scaffolding
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ if_age.c                              ~ if_alc.c
  ~ if_ale.c                              ~ if_bce.c
  ~ if_et.c                               ~ if_ipw.c
  ~ if_iwi.c                              ~ if_iwn.c
  ~ if_jme.c                              ~ if_lii.c
  ~ if_nfe.c                              ~ if_se.c
  ~ if_vge.c                              ~ if_wpi.c

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

  ~ if_fxp_pci.c

  > Since the pci-specific activate function does nothing, move it to fxp.c.
  > Then it is possible for fxp_powerhook to use it. (deraadt@)

  ~ if_wi_pci.c

  > Make the powerhook code simply call the activate function (it actually does
  > all the 7 steps we want done, instead of just 2) (deraadt@)

  ~ neo.c

  > Mangle neo_power's contents into a neo_activate function, then make
  > neo_power into a stub which calls it.  Tested on an ancient z505r; my
  > first laptop.... (deraadt@)

  ~ auacer.c                              ~ auglx.c
  ~ auich.c                               ~ autri.c
  ~ autrivar.h                            ~ cs4280.c
  ~ cs4281.c                              ~ esa.c
  ~ eso.c                                 ~ yds.c
  ~ maestro.c

  > Since the changes in neo(4) work, it is very likely that the exact same
  > mechnical changes work in these drivers too.  Testing can occur after
  > this commit. (deraadt@)

  ~ if_ath_pci.c

  > Get rid of the clumsy pci_activate function and do this job inside ath.c
  > so that the powerhook wrapper can get at it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > The powerhook only did stuff at resume; but suspend matters too!
  > Instead of fixing it, make it call the activate function which does
  > the full job
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_dc_pci.c

  > Move the dc_pci_activate function to dc.c, and mangle it up with some of
  > the gunk in dc_powerhook.  Then make dc_powerhook just call it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_nfe.c

  > Make the powerhook use the activate functions, which actually do the full
  > job. (deraadt@)

  ~ if_pgt_pci.c

  > Massage the powerhook function into an activate function, and since we do
  > not neccessarily have a working filesystem for the firmware yet, use a
  > workq
  > to postpone resume.  Then make the powerhook function call the activate
  > function.  There remains some questions about the sc_power functions...
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_iwi.c
  ~ if_iwn.c                              ~ if_wpi.c

  > Move the guts of the powerhook function into the activate function and make
  > it stop calling the powerhook function; then make the powerhook function
  > call activate.  This basically inverts the whole goop.
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ if_rl_pci.c

  > Move the activate function from pci to the the main driver, so that the
  > powerhook can use it
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

  ~ pci.c                                 ~ pcivar.h

  > Make PCI Power Management optional, and only enable it when acpi(4)
  > attaches.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ if_ray.c

  > More killing of PWR_STANDBY.  cvs skipped these files (deraadt@)

  ~ if_malo.c

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

dev/sdmmc

  ~ sdhc.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ sdhc.c                                ~ sdhcvar.h

  > Improve sdhc_activate, and make sdhc_powerhook a simple wrapper around
  > it for now
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehci.c                                ~ ohci.c
  ~ uhci.c

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

  ~ if_udav.c                             ~ if_url.c

  > Delete comments about these drivers needing powerhook support; they don't.
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ if_otus.c                             ~ if_ral.c
  ~ if_rum.c                              ~ if_run.c
  ~ if_uath.c                             ~ if_upgt.c
  ~ if_urtw.c                             ~ if_urtwreg.h
  ~ if_zyd.c                              ~ ueagle.c

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

net

  ~ if.c                                  ~ if.h

  > remove the unused if_init callback in struct ifnet
  > ok deraadt@ henning@ claudio@ (jsg@)

sys

  ~ systm.h

  > kill PWR_STANDBY (apm can use PWR_SUSPEND instead).  While here, renumber
  > PWR_{SUSPEND,RESUME} so that they match the values of
  > DAVCT_{SUSPEND,RESUME}
  > so that we can eventually (many more steps...) kill the powerhook garbage
  > and use the activate mechanism.
  > no objections (deraadt@)

ldpd

  ~ lde_lib.c