[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-12-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Dec 25 07:00:02 GMT 2010

etc/rc.d/rc.subr                        gnu
lib/csu                                 regress/usr.sbin
share/man                               sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod           sys/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pckbc
sys/net                                 sys/scsi
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== etc =============================================================== 01/08 ==

rc.d/rc.subr

  ~ rc.d/rc.subr

  > Fix a flaw in the rc.subr framework reported by stephan@ where
  > local_rcconf would get overwritten by flags from the rc script itself.
  > Based on an original idea and diff from robert@, create an rc_conf
  > function that we add in the rc_script after the defaults daemon*
  > variables.
  > This way we can use defaults variables names in other part of the script
  > (when defining a specific pexp for instance).
  > While here, simplify setting up the default daemon variables so that we
  > don't need to do any substitution in rc_start.
  > rc scripts must include daemon variables before calling rc_conf. All
  > other locally modified variables (pexp, rc_reload, local additions...)
  > must come after.
  > feedback from and works for sthen@
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/08 ==

gnu

  ~ gcc/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/exception_defines.h

  > define __throw_exception_again to something, so that g++ -fno-exceptions
  > does not throw warnings for stuff like
  > if ()
  > __throw_exception_again;
  > which does happen in its own fucking headers.
  > builds of qt3 should no longer warn...
  > okay millert@, no objection kettenis@ (espie@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

csu

  ~ sparc/Makefile

  > crtbeginS.o needs to be buit with -fPIC; with -fpic the relocations for the
  > gcc3/4 exception handling related symbols will be truncated causing linker
  > failures when building shared libraries.
  > ok drahn@, deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/08 ==

usr.sbin

  ~ pkg_add/Makefile

  > now that pkg_create checks more stuff, we have to ask for it to create
  > more bogus packages so that we can get errors out of pkg_add... (espie@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man9/uvm.9

  > Sync uvm_km_alloc1() prototype with reality.
  > ok miod@ (grange@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/i386/include

  ~ segments.h

  > the bsdi ldt entry is no longer interesting. from valdimir kirillov (tedu@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zbsdmod

  ~ zbsdmod.c

  > Add missing argument to printk(). Spotted while porting on linux 2.6.
  > ok miod@ (grange@)

  ~ compat_linux.h

  > Advertise printk() as a printf-like function.
  > Diff from miod@, thanks. (grange@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c

  > try to update the monster comment at the top of this file to explain
  > what it is we are doing
  > ok djm (deraadt@)

  > Add info for Intel (Core Host), ATI (Radeon HD 5670)
  > ok krw@ (shadchin@)

  > regen (shadchin@)

dev/pckbc

  ~ pms.c

  > fix crash:
  > after boot and before the first activation (wsmoused or X),
  > sc->protocol is not initialized, and any call ioctl lead to crash
  > (example 'wsconsctl -a')
  > thanks and ok krw@ (shadchin@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > in pf_src_connlimit, the indices to sk->addr were swapped.
  > tracked down and diff sent by Robert B Mills <rbmills at sdf.lonestar.org>
  > thanks, very good work! ok claudio (henning@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_all.h                            ~ scsi_tape.h
  ~ scsiconf.h                            ~ sd.c
  ~ st.c

  > Have sd(4) devices check for and respect read-only information the
  > way st(4) does. Have both decline to open read-only devices for
  > anything but read-only access.
  > Suggestion to fail opens rather than individual i/o's from deraadt at .
  > Problem USB device found and donated by chefren, who also tested
  > diffs. Thanks!
  > ok dlg@ marco@ (krw@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_map.c                             ~ uvm_map.h
  ~ uvm_mmap.c

  > add a param to uvm_map_hint to not skip over the heap, and use it as a last
  > resort if mmap fails otherwise to enable more complete address space
  > utilization.  tested for a while with no ill effects. (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ auth-options.c

  > don't send the actual forced command in a debug message; ok markus deraadt
  > (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/AddCreateDelete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/ArcCheck.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/CollisionReport.pm            ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Dependencies.pm               ~ OpenBSD/Error.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/ForwardDependencies.pm        ~ OpenBSD/Getopt.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Handle.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/IdCache.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Interactive.pm                ~ OpenBSD/LibSpec.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Log.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/Mtree.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/OldLibs.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/PackageInfo.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocation.pm            ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocator.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageName.pm                ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepository.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepositoryList.pm      ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm                ~ OpenBSD/Paths.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgAdd.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/PkgCfl.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCheck.pm                   ~ OpenBSD/PkgConfig.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCreate.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/PkgDelete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgInfo.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/PkgSpec.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/ProgressMeter.pm              ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/RequiredBy.pm                 ~ OpenBSD/Search.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/SharedItems.pm                ~ OpenBSD/SharedLibs.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Signature.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/State.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Subst.pm                      ~ OpenBSD/Temp.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Tracker.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/UpdateSet.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/Ustar.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Vstat.pm                      ~ OpenBSD/md5.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/x509.pm

  > handle failures from ports tree with more care.
  > this does avoid infinite loops in case of wrong plists.
  > necessary since print-plist-with-depends CAN fail... (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm                     ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/SharedLibs.pm

  > move the handling of ldconfig to AddDelete::State
  > actually simplifies code a great deal. It's not as if trying to avoid

  ~ OpenBSD/OldLibs.pm                    ~ OpenBSD/PkgAdd.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCheck.pm                   ~ OpenBSD/SharedLibs.pm