[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-12-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 31 07:00:01 GMT 2010

distrib/notes                           etc/etc.hppa/Makefile.inc
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/armish/conf
sys/arch/aviion/conf                    sys/arch/beagle/conf
sys/arch/gumstix/conf                   sys/arch/hp300/conf
sys/arch/hppa/conf                      sys/arch/hppa/dev
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/hppa64/conf                    sys/arch/hppa64/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/landisk/conf                   sys/arch/loongson/conf
sys/arch/luna88k/conf                   sys/arch/mac68k/conf
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/mvme68k/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/conf                   sys/arch/mvmeppc/conf
sys/arch/octeon/conf                    sys/arch/palm/conf
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/socppc/conf
sys/arch/solbourne/conf                 sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/arch/zaurus/conf
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             usr.bin/tmux
usr.bin/xlint

== distrib =========================================================== 01/05 ==

  ~ hppa/features

  > hppa can do SMP now; ok miod (deraadt@)

  ~ hppa/contents

  > bsd.mp here too (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/05 ==

etc.hppa/Makefile.inc

  ~ etc.hppa/Makefile.inc

  > Start shipping bsd.mp for hppa; ok miod (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 03/05 ==

  ~ man7/packages-specs.7

  > document how version work.
  > okay jmc@
  > landry has some examples to polish. (espie@)

== sys =============================================================== 04/05 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ Makefile.alpha

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ Makefile.amd64

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ Makefile.armish

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/aviion/conf

  ~ Makefile.aviion

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/beagle/conf

  ~ Makefile.beagle

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/gumstix/conf

  ~ Makefile.gumstix

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/conf

  ~ Makefile.hp300

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ Makefile.hppa

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/dev

  ~ cpu.c

  > Implement cpu_unidle() for MP kernels.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ machdep.c

  > Turn signotify() into a function that also calls cpu_unidle().
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ locore.S

  > Prior to loading the FPU context onto the current CPU, check to see if the
  > FPU context is still present on another CPU. If so, perform an FPU
  > shootdown and wait for the FPU context to be saved before continuing.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

  ~ locore.S

  > Since we save the interrupt mask in the trapframe when we get a trap, we
  > might restore the wrong mask when we switch CPUs.  Since we should be
  > running with the proper mask when we enter $syscall_return, simply save
  > the proper mask into the trapframe such that we restore the right interrupt
  > mask later on.
  > tested by jsing@ (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Implement cpu_unidle() for MP kernels.
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

  ~ cpu.h

  > Turn signotify() into a function that also calls cpu_unidle().
  > ok kettenis@ (jsing@)

arch/hppa64/conf

  ~ Makefile.hppa64

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ Makefile.i386

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

arch/landisk/conf

  ~ Makefile.landisk

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/loongson/conf

  ~ Makefile.loongson

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.luna88k

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/mac68k/conf

  ~ Makefile.mac68k

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ Makefile.macppc

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/mvme68k/conf

  ~ Makefile.mvme68k

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.mvme88k

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/conf

  ~ Makefile.mvmeppc

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/octeon/conf

  ~ Makefile.octeon

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/palm/conf

  ~ Makefile.palm

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ Makefile.sgi

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/socppc/conf

  ~ Makefile.socppc

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/solbourne/conf

  ~ Makefile.solbourne

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ Makefile.sparc

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ Makefile.sparc64

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ stdarg.h

  > add a simple __va_copy inside ifdef lint, from tim van der molen.
  > ok guenther (tedu@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ Makefile.vax

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/conf

  ~ Makefile.zaurus

  > If genassym fails, sort on the pipeline will indicate no error resulting
  > in some grief.  Split this out.
  > From Vladimir Kirillov (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c

  > be more cynical about boot-time entropy, and fold time and entropy data in.
  > ok djm (deraadt@)

dev/ata

  ~ wd.c

  > The NVIDIA MCP89 SATA controller found on the 2010 Apple 13" MacBook Pro
  > can't address block 0xffffffff in LBA mode, at least in combination with
  > the Hitachi HTS545032B9SA02 and HTS545050B9SA02 drives that Apple ships.
  > So use LBA48 mode from that block onwards.
  > ok marco@, deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ mfi.c                                 ~ mfivar.h

  > cut mfi over to using iopools.
  > this gets rid of NO_CCB, provides better scheduling of io between busy
  > logical volumes on the same controller, and makes the ioctl and sensor
  > paths more reliable.
  > this is the least intrusive version of this change i could come up with. it
  > only took 4 or 5 goes...
  > ok marco@
  > deraadt@ says this is a good time for this change. (dlg@)

dev/pci

  ~ pci.c                                 ~ ppb.c

  > Only disable I/O and memory space and bus mastering if we're actually going
  > to put the device into D3.	Fixes PCI power management issues that
  > prevented
  > acpi (and perhaps apm) suspend on some machines.
  > tested by & ok mlarkin@ (kettenis@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_cdcef.c

  > backout previous.  this is not a regular usb device driver, and thus
  > has no usbd_device.
  > found the hard way by deraadt (jakemsr@)

  ~ usbdi.c                               ~ usbdi.h
  ~ usbdivar.h

  > * add a process reference counting variable to struct usbd_device
  > * add functions to increment and decrement the reference count, and a
  > function to wait until the reference count is zero
  > ok martynas@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ if_run.c                              ~ if_rum.c
  ~ if_urtw.c                             ~ if_ral.c

  > * do not add timeouts if the driver is dying
  > * use usbd_ref_{incr,decr,wait} to not detach while another process/thread
  > is using the driver
  > * s/usb_rem_task/usb_rem_wait_task/ in detach functions because detach
  > doesn't always happen in the task thread; otherwise a task could be
  > running while the driver detaches
  > * in detach functions, first delete pending timeouts, then wait for
  > processes to be done with the driver before freeing resources
  > ok martynas@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ umsm.c                                ~ usbdevs

  > Add the Novatel EU870D HSDPA modem found in (at least) Dell XT.
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

  > Regen. (ajacoutot@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 05/05 ==

tmux

  ~ cmd-choose-window.c                   ~ status.c
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ window.c

  > Add a function to create window flags rather than doing the same thing
  > in two places. From Thomas Adam. (nicm@)

  - cmd-copy-buffer.c                     ~ Makefile
  ~ cmd-capture-pane.c                    ~ cmd-choose-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-delete-buffer.c                   ~ cmd-generic.c
  ~ cmd-list-buffers.c                    ~ cmd-load-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-paste-buffer.c                    ~ cmd-save-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-set-buffer.c                      ~ cmd-set-option.c
  ~ cmd-show-buffer.c                     ~ cmd.c
  ~ paste.c                               ~ server.c
  ~ session.c                             ~ status.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.c
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ window-copy.c

  > Change from a per-session stack of buffers to one global stack which is
  > much more convenient and also simplifies lot of code. This renders
  > copy-buffer useless and makes buffer-limit now a server option.
  > By Tiago Cunha. (nicm@)

  ~ tmux.1

  > Fix BUFFERS section now they are global. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-capture-pane.c                    ~ tmux.h

  > Remove some unused defines. (nicm@)

xlint

  ~ llib/llib-lposix