[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-02-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Feb 17 07:00:01 GMT 2010

distrib/loongson                        distrib/notes
etc/etc.i386/INSTALL.linux              etc/etc.loongson/disktab
sbin/newfs_ext2fs                       share/man
sys/arch/loongson/dev                   sys/arch/loongson/include
sys/arch/loongson/loongson              sys/arch/loongson/stand/boot
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/mii                             sys/ufs/ext2fs
usr.sbin/ldpd                           usr.sbin/ospfctl
usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

loongson

  + miniroot/Makefile

  > build an image of an ext2 fs that can be dd'ed to an usb stick (otto@)

notes

  ~ loongson/hardware                     ~ loongson/install

  > Mention bootloader setup, and related PMON caveats. (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/06 ==

etc.i386/INSTALL.linux

  ~ etc.i386/INSTALL.linux

  > Add instructions to dual-boot OpenBSD with Grub2
  > "I think that's ok" sthen@, "sure" miod@ (giovanni@)

etc.loongson/disktab

  ~ etc.loongson/disktab

  > disktab entry for miniroot (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

newfs_ext2fs

  + Makefile                              + extern.h
  + mke2fs.c                              + newfs_ext2fs.c

  > Port of newfs_ext2fs from NetBSD. not hooked to the build yet.
  > ok miod@ (otto@)

  + newfs_ext2fs.8

  > man page with tweaks from miod; ok miod@ (otto@)

  ~ newfs_ext2fs.c

  > default verbosity to 4 (otto@)

  ~ extern.h                              ~ mke2fs.c
  ~ newfs_ext2fs.c

  > fix OpenBSD rcs tags, prompted by Tim van der Molen (otto@)

  ~ newfs_ext2fs.8

  > clean this page up; (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 04/06 ==

  ~ man4/brgphy.4

  > Sync the list of interfaces with the driver.
  > Mention BCM5708S specifically as a Gigabit/2500 PHY. (sthen@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Display the system type on the mainbus0 line as well. (miod@)

arch/loongson/include

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Move part of the device_register() logic into platform-specific code. Add
  > correct root device identification for Gdium (assuming it is booted from
  > the
  > G-Key), although it will not attach as sd0 if there is anything connected
  > the usb port next to the Ethernet port. (miod@)

arch/loongson/loongson

  ~ pmon.c

  > Use printf() in there, not pmon_printf(). (miod@)

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ gdium_machdep.c
  ~ yeeloong_machdep.c

  > Move part of the device_register() logic into platform-specific code. Add
  > correct root device identification for Gdium (assuming it is booted from
  > the
  > G-Key), although it will not attach as sd0 if there is anything connected
  > the usb port next to the Ethernet port. (miod@)

arch/loongson/stand/boot

  ~ conf.c                                ~ cons.c
  ~ dev.c                                 ~ libsa.h
  ~ machdep.c

  > Actually, both the Gdium and the Lemote PMON reset the USB controllers
  > before transferring control to any binary, so trying to boot anything
  > on the Gdium without bringing half the kernel code is a no-go.
  > So, only keep `wd' as a possible boot device, for the Lemote systems,
  > and complain loudly if run on a Gdium. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ athn.c

  > fix AR_DTIM_PERIOD (damien@)

dev/isa

  ~ gscsio.c

  > Use i2c_addr_t as the type for the init_xfer function because this
  > is what the function pointer type uses.
  > ok grange (mk@)

dev/mii

  ~ miidevs.h

  > sync (sthen@)

  ~ miidevs

  > Add BCM57780, from Brad. ok jsg@ kettenis@ (sthen@)

  ~ brgphy.c

  > Recognize the BCM57780 PHY, tested by bruce on tech at .
  > From Brad, ok jsg@ kettenis@ (sthen@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs.h                              ~ ext2fs_dinode.h

  > add some defines needed for the upcoming newfs_ext2fs; ok miod@ (otto@)

ldpd

  ~ parse.y

  > Plug a memory leak in pushfile().
  > ok claudio@ (michele@)

  ~ hello.c

  > Make ldpd less verbose.
  > ok claudio@ (michele@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > allow spf-delay and spf-holdtime to be specified in msec so ospfd can
  > better respond to rapid topology changes.
  > developed while working with joshua atterbury
  > ok claudio@ as part of a larger diff. (dlg@)

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > implement support for fast hello packets.
  > if route-dead-time is set to "minimal" (rather than a number of
  > seconds), the dead time is set to 1 second and hellos are sent at
  > the interval specified by fast-hello-interval in msecs. this is non
  > standard wrt to the ospf rfc, but it does interoperate with at least
  > one other router vendor.
  > this allows much better responsiveness to l3 topology changes than
  > the standard intervals allow. if i yank a cable to one of my
  > upstreams, the routes adjust in a second rather than the default
  > of 40 i was running with before. the users dont even notice something
  > changed.
  > developed while working with joshua atterbury.
  > ok claudio@ as part of a larger diff.
  > dedicated to zan rowe who thinks she is a bigger nerd than me. (dlg@)

ospfd

  ~ ospf.h                                ~ ospfd.conf.5
  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c
  ~ rde_spf.c

  > allow spf-delay and spf-holdtime to be specified in msec so ospfd can
  > better respond to rapid topology changes.
  > developed while working with joshua atterbury
  > ok claudio@ as part of a larger diff. (dlg@)

  ~ ospfd.conf.5

  > the minimal spf-holdtime and spf-delay is 10 msec, not 50.
  > pointed out by claudio@ before, somehow it snuck back in. (dlg@)

  ~ interface.c                           ~ ospf.h
  ~ ospfd.conf.5                          ~ ospfd.h
  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c

  > implement support for fast hello packets.
  > if route-dead-time is set to "minimal" (rather than a number of
  > seconds), the dead time is set to 1 second and hellos are sent at
  > the interval specified by fast-hello-interval in msecs. this is non
  > standard wrt to the ospf rfc, but it does interoperate with at least
  > one other router vendor.
  > this allows much better responsiveness to l3 topology changes than
  > the standard intervals allow. if i yank a cable to one of my
  > upstreams, the routes adjust in a second rather than the default
  > of 40 i was running with before. the users dont even notice something
  > changed.
  > developed while working with joshua atterbury.
  > ok claudio@ as part of a larger diff.
  > dedicated to zan rowe who thinks she is a bigger nerd than me. (dlg@)

  ~ packet.c

  > Don't log the same thing twice. From a much bigger diff.
  > OK dlg@, sthen@ (claudio@)

  ~ hello.c

  > Lets violate the RFC once more. Change the way we map hello packets to
  > neighbors from using the source IP on broadcast interfaces to using the
  > router-id all the time. The interface lookup will already check for
  > matching subnets so there is no conflict possible. This makes ospfd finally
  > grok router-id changes without freaking out. Additionally whinge when an
  > other router is using the same router-id instead of failing in a very
  > horrible way.
  > OK sthen@, dlg@ (claudio@)

  ~ neighbor.c

  > Clear the DR and BDR addresses in nbr_act_delete(), makes the election
  > process more reliable after interface flaps. Especially when the router-id
  > changed at the same time.
  > OK dlg@, sthen@ (claudio@)

  ~ ospfd.c

  > Only merge interfaces that have the same address and netmask. Fixes a bug
  > with reloads when running ospfd on multiple aliases on the same interface.
  > Is also needed to handle interface address changes in a much better way.
  > OK dlg@, sthen@ (claudio@)

  ~ interface.c

  > When taking an interface down just try to do the cleanup. In cases where
  > the interface was removed or when the address changed leaving the multicast
  > groups will fail because that already happend. Fix if_leave_group() to
  > remove the refcount before doing the ioctl() so that the reference is
  > correctly removed. OK dlg@, sthen@ (claudio@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ ospfd.h
  ~ ospfe.c