[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-07-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jul 28 07:00:01 BST 2010

bin/ed                                  distrib/sets
distrib/special                         etc/rc
etc/rc.conf                             lib/libc
lib/libpcap                             sbin/disklabel
share/locale                            sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/scsi                                usr.bin/xlint
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== bin =============================================================== 01/09 ==

ed

  ~ ed.1

  > properly escape some "!"; reported by kristaps (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/09 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

special

  ~ libstubs/Makefile                     + libstubs/mbrtowc_sb.c

  > Replace the single-byte placeholders for the multi-byte/wide-character
  > conversion interfaces of libc (mbrtowc(3) and friends) with new
  > implementations that internally call an API based on NetBSD's citrus.
  > This allows us to support locales with multi-byte character encodings.
  > Provide two implementations of the citrus-based API: one based on the old
  > single-byte placeholders for use with our existing single-byte character
  > locales (C, ISO8859-*, KOI8, CP1251, etc.), and one that provides support
  > for UTF-8 encoded characters (code based on FreeBSD's implementation).
  > Install the en_US.UTF-8 ctype locale support file, and allow the UTF-8
  > ctype locale to be enabled via setlocale(3) (export
  > LC_CTYPE='en_US.UTF-8').
  > A lot of programs, especially from ports, will now start using UTF-8 if the
  > UTF-8 locale is enabled. Use at your own risk, and please report any
  > breakage.
  > Note that ncurses-based programs cannot display UTF-8 right now, this is
  > being
  > worked on.
  > To prevent install media growth, add vfprintf(3) and mbrtowc(3) to
  > libstubs.
  > The mbrtowc stub was copied unchanged from its old single-byte placeholder.
  > vfprintf.c doesn't need to be copied, just put in .PATH (hint by fgsch@).
  > Testing by myself, naddy, sthen, nicm, espie, armani, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff.
  > ok matthieu espie millert sthen nicm deraadt (stsp@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/09 ==

rc

  ~ rc

  > Add ldapd to rc and rc.conf. Enable it at boot with ldapd_flags=.
  > ok deraadt@ gilles@ (martinh@)

rc.conf

  ~ rc.conf

  > Add ldapd to rc and rc.conf. Enable it at boot with ldapd_flags=.
  > ok deraadt@ gilles@ (martinh@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/09 ==

  ~ gen/getcap.3

  > fix some spacing issues; noted by kristaps (jmc@)

  - locale/mbrtowc_sb.c                   - locale/multibyte_sb.c
  ~ Makefile.inc                          ~ citrus/citrus_ctype.h
  ~ citrus/citrus_ctype_local.h           ~ locale/Makefile.inc
  ~ locale/runetable.c                    ~ locale/setrunelocale.c
  + citrus/Makefile.inc                   + citrus/citrus_ctype.c
  + citrus/citrus_none.c                  + citrus/citrus_none.h
  + citrus/citrus_utf8.c                  + citrus/citrus_utf8.h
  + locale/btowc.c                        + locale/mblen.c
  + locale/mbrlen.c                       + locale/mbstowcs.c
  + locale/mbtowc.c                       + locale/multibyte.h
  + locale/multibyte_citrus.c             + locale/wcscoll.c
  + locale/wcstombs.c                     + locale/wcsxfrm.c
  + locale/wctob.c                        + locale/wctomb.c

  > Replace the single-byte placeholders for the multi-byte/wide-character
  > conversion interfaces of libc (mbrtowc(3) and friends) with new
  > implementations that internally call an API based on NetBSD's citrus.
  > This allows us to support locales with multi-byte character encodings.
  > Provide two implementations of the citrus-based API: one based on the old
  > single-byte placeholders for use with our existing single-byte character
  > locales (C, ISO8859-*, KOI8, CP1251, etc.), and one that provides support
  > for UTF-8 encoded characters (code based on FreeBSD's implementation).
  > Install the en_US.UTF-8 ctype locale support file, and allow the UTF-8
  > ctype locale to be enabled via setlocale(3) (export
  > LC_CTYPE='en_US.UTF-8').
  > A lot of programs, especially from ports, will now start using UTF-8 if the
  > UTF-8 locale is enabled. Use at your own risk, and please report any
  > breakage.
  > Note that ncurses-based programs cannot display UTF-8 right now, this is
  > being
  > worked on.
  > To prevent install media growth, add vfprintf(3) and mbrtowc(3) to
  > libstubs.
  > The mbrtowc stub was copied unchanged from its old single-byte placeholder.
  > vfprintf.c doesn't need to be copied, just put in .PATH (hint by fgsch@).
  > Testing by myself, naddy, sthen, nicm, espie, armani, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff.
  > ok matthieu espie millert sthen nicm deraadt (stsp@)

  ~ gen/daemon.c

  > Remove a stray space.  No binary change. (marco@)

libpcap

  ~ gencode.c

  > Properly handle the size field in pflog link header
  > when generating the filter. This will allow the pflog
  > header to be extended without adding a new link type.
  > No change to generated code for other link types.
  > ok henning@ (canacar@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > Nuke 'sectoffset'. A stub variable no longer used except to supply
  > the value 0 to one function call. Use 0 there, eliminate the
  > variable and the pointless verbose verbiage that always displayed
  > the same value.
  > ok deraadt@ matthew@ (krw@)

  ~ editor.c

  > Align FFS filesystem start and end sectors so the start is on a
  > bsize boundary and the end fills up the last bsize chunk.
  > Don't change the start sector if it is the first sector of the
  > OpenBSD portion of the disk.
  > Don't attempt to align on SUN_CYLCHECK architectures. They are
  > attempting a different alignment.
  > This is an attempt to ensure that FFS i/o's are aligned for optimal
  > performance on newer disks that lie about their sector size. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

locale

  ~ ctype/Makefile

  > Replace the single-byte placeholders for the multi-byte/wide-character
  > conversion interfaces of libc (mbrtowc(3) and friends) with new
  > implementations that internally call an API based on NetBSD's citrus.
  > This allows us to support locales with multi-byte character encodings.
  > Provide two implementations of the citrus-based API: one based on the old
  > single-byte placeholders for use with our existing single-byte character
  > locales (C, ISO8859-*, KOI8, CP1251, etc.), and one that provides support
  > for UTF-8 encoded characters (code based on FreeBSD's implementation).
  > Install the en_US.UTF-8 ctype locale support file, and allow the UTF-8
  > ctype locale to be enabled via setlocale(3) (export
  > LC_CTYPE='en_US.UTF-8').
  > A lot of programs, especially from ports, will now start using UTF-8 if the
  > UTF-8 locale is enabled. Use at your own risk, and please report any
  > breakage.
  > Note that ncurses-based programs cannot display UTF-8 right now, this is
  > being
  > worked on.
  > To prevent install media growth, add vfprintf(3) and mbrtowc(3) to
  > libstubs.
  > The mbrtowc stub was copied unchanged from its old single-byte placeholder.
  > vfprintf.c doesn't need to be copied, just put in .PATH (hint by fgsch@).
  > Testing by myself, naddy, sthen, nicm, espie, armani, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff.
  > ok matthieu espie millert sthen nicm deraadt (stsp@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

  ~ acpi_machdep.c

  > delete a #if 0 chunk which was used for early development and will never
  > be reused
  > ok jordan (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > acpiasus for amd64 too, Henri Kemppainen (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ acpi_machdep.c

  > delete a #if 0 chunk which was used for early development and will never
  > be reused
  > ok jordan (deraadt@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpidock.c                            ~ acpidev.h

  > Add additional Notify handler for dock devices, according to ACPI spec
  > ok marco (jordan@)

  ~ dsdt.c

  > Fix #ifdef DDB/#ifdef SMALL_KERNEL uses so all four combinations
  > (DDB/SMALL_KERNEL, DDB/!SMALL_KERNEL, !DDB/!SMALL_KERNEL,
  > !DDB/SMALL_KERNEL) can compile. A DDB bsd.rd is thus possible again.
  > Correction to my original diff from miod@
  > "If it compiles, commit" deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ acpitz.c

  > replace acpitz_getreading goo with proper aml_evalinteger.
  > From jordan. (marco@)

  ~ acpi.c                                ~ acpiec.c

  > Early initialization of acpiec if ECDT table exists
  > Fixes hang when booting thinkpads while docked
  > ok deraadt (jordan@)

  ~ acpiec.c                              ~ acpisony.c
  ~ acpivideo.c

  > annoying spaces getting in the way (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > Set the sleeping indicator light on machines that support it, in case SMI
  > doesn't do it for us. Shows the 'moon' LED on older Thinkpads when
  > sleeping.
  > Tested on T43p, W500, T510 by me and on X61s by deraadt at .
  > ok deraadt@ (mlarkin@)

  ~ acpiec.c

  > Revert 1.34 certain systems need the parent ec pointer initialized earlier.
  > This fixes acpi interrupts on the latitude e6500.
  > Tested on e6500 and x61.
  > debugged with, and ok jordan (marco@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > horrific indentation that nearly made me puke (deraadt@)

  ~ acpiec.c

  > Spaces vs tab (marco@)

  ~ acpiec.c

  > do not match a 2nd EC if something horrible happens; ok marco (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > XXX annotate a block in acpi_enter_sleep_state() that is pretty worrying
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > more brackets feels good (deraadt@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > remove XXX; EC can now be attached early when needed; ok jordan (deraadt@)

  ~ dsdt.c

  > remove an ancient XXX (deraadt@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.c

  > Add scsi_cmd_rw_decode() for decoding any SCSI READ or WRITE command,
  > and update atascsi(4) to make use of it.  (Other HBAs will be updated
  > post-release.)  Should allow for use of SATA drives with >2^32 LBAs.
  > ok deraadt@, dlg@, krw@ (matthew@)

dev/ic

  ~ re.c                                  ~ revar.h

  > Make sure we stop DMA before we suspend.  Remove unused argument to
  > re_stop()
  > to avoid the dilemma what meaningless value to pass.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ale.c

  > ca_activate function brings eeepc 1000HE back after resume.
  > tested by krw (deraadt@)

  ~ vga_pci.c

  > Repost ATI Radeon HD4500 on HP Pavilion dv7-3160us using the emulator,
  > in the same style we have done for all other ATI Radeon devices found so
  > far. Fixes video on said machine on resume. (mlarkin@)

  ~ if_rl_pci.c

  > ca_activate function for suspend/resume
  > tested by mlarkin (deraadt@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Make sure we stop DMA before we suspend.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ if_re_pci.c

  > Make sure we stop DMA before we suspend.  Remove unused argument to
  > re_stop()
  > to avoid the dilemma what meaningless value to pass.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ if_bce.c

  > add bce_activate(), suspends and resumes on my laptop
  > ok deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ if_bce.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ agp_i810.c                            ~ if_bge.c
  ~ if_re_pci.c                           ~ itherm.c

  > spacing; ok deraadt@ (todd@)

  ~ if_alc.c

  > ca_activate handler for suspend/resume.  untested -- if someone tests
  > this let me know. (deraadt@)

scsi

  ~ scsiconf.h                            ~ scsi_base.c

  > the queue entry and state variables in the xsh and ioh structs are part
  > of a separate struct which the ioh struct includes for no good reason
  > anymore. just put the vars directly in the ioh.
  > this removes this useless abstraction.
  > ok krw@ matthew@ (dlg@)

  ~ scsiconf.h                            ~ scsi_base.c

  > Add scsi_cmd_rw_decode() for decoding any SCSI READ or WRITE command,
  > and update atascsi(4) to make use of it.  (Other HBAs will be updated
  > post-release.)  Should allow for use of SATA drives with >2^32 LBAs.
  > ok deraadt@, dlg@, krw@ (matthew@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/decl.c                          ~ lint2/chk.c

  > Fix compilation on gcc2 platforms, where _Bool and _Complex aren't
  > built into the compiler and instead have to be gotten from stdbool.h
  > and complex.h
  > Problem noted by miod@, fix by deraadt@ (guenther@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackageRepository.pm