[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-07-28

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jul 29 07:00:01 BST 2010

distrib/special                         lib/libc
sbin/iked                               sys/arch/loongson/loongson
sys/dev/acpi                            sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/net80211                            sys/scsi
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/compress
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin/ldapd
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

special

  ~ libstubs/Makefile

  > Fix fallout from the utf-8 commit (segfaults in disklabel on install
  > media).
  > Sorry about that.
  > ok sthen deraadt (stsp@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ stdlib/hcreate.3

  > Sync hcreate(3) with NetBSD, adding some caveats.
  > OK jmc (ray@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

iked

  ~ ikev2_pld.c

  > Change back to the pre rev 1.11 behaviour of not treating unexpected
  > id payloads as errors.  Lets interop with strongSwan which sends
  > both IDi and IDr work again. (jsg@)

arch/loongson/loongson

  ~ conf.c

  > Add a dummy kqueue filter similar to seltrue and use it for anything
  > using seltrue for poll. Based on code from NetBSD.
  > Also remove a stray duplicate lpt entry from loongson, from deraadt.
  > ok tedu deraadt (nicm@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c

  > Delay a little longer on suspend before giving up. Fixes machines that
  > sometimes don't suspend because the sleep transition takes too long
  > (symptoms like failing to sleep but the backlight stays on).
  > ok deraadt@ (mlarkin@)

  ~ acpi.c

  > Make all gasio failures look and behave the same. (marco@)

  ~ dsdt.c

  > remove stub code for rw locks we will never need; ok kettenis marco
  > (deraadt@)

dev/pci

  ~ pciide.c

  > suspend save/restore for SIS3112; tested by mlarkin (deraadt@)

  ~ pciide.c

  > the default pciide chip needs no additional register restores; tested by
  > jcs on one model (deraadt@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_ipwvar.h
  ~ if_iwi.c                              ~ if_iwivar.h
  ~ if_iwn.c                              ~ if_wpi.c

  > Make legacy xxpower() functions call xxstop() on suspend, and simplify
  > their
  > resume paths.  For new-style suspend/resume, add a ca_activate function
  > where
  > it is missing, and use a workq to resume because these drivers like to
  > sleep.
  > ok damien (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ kern_xxx.c

  > It's pretty pointless to peg ourselves to the primary CPU if that's the
  > only one we have.
  > ok krw@, deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ kern_xxx.c

  > more #ifdef needed for the case of not pegging on a non-MP kernel
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ kern_event.c

  > Add a dummy kqueue filter similar to seltrue and use it for anything
  > using seltrue for poll. Based on code from NetBSD.
  > Also remove a stray duplicate lpt entry from loongson, from deraadt.
  > ok tedu deraadt (nicm@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  > pfsync_bulk_fail was mucking around with pfsync_softc and sending packets
  > without holding splsoftnet. this adds the necessary protection.
  > reported by patrick coleman (dlg@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_proto.c

  > Suspending drivers need to do as little as possible in here, so when the
  > transition is to INIT, try to not generate management frames if we can
  > avoid it.
  > ok damien (deraadt@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_base.c

  > No need to bzero() malloc'd memory if we used M_ZERO.
  > ok matthew@ (krw@)

  ~ cd.c

  > DVD_INVALIDATE_AGID is a 'no payload' operation, so don't set
  > xs->datalen and reset xs->data to NULL. This prevents a spurious
  > attempt to setup (dma map, etc) and possibly attempt data tranfser.
  > In line with what Linux and FreeBSD do as far as I can tell.
  > Reduces the delay before my DVD starts playing its movie.
  > Idea to also set xs->data to NULL from matthew at .
  > "No objection" matthew@ (krw@)

sys

  ~ conf.h                                ~ event.h

  > Add a dummy kqueue filter similar to seltrue and use it for anything
  > using seltrue for poll. Based on code from NetBSD.
  > Also remove a stray duplicate lpt entry from loongson, from deraadt.
  > ok tedu deraadt (nicm@)

compress

  ~ main.c

  > Truncate output file when compressing.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

cvs

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diff_internals.c

  > Support -U and -C to specify the context length for "cvs diff".
  > This doesn't alter cvs rdiff, where -U and -C are not support by GNU
  > cvs.
  > ok sthen zinovik (nicm@)

rcs

  ~ buf.c                                 ~ buf.h
  ~ ci.c                                  ~ co.c
  ~ diff3.c                               ~ ident.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcsclean.c
  ~ rcsdiff.c                             ~ rcsutil.c

  > Make BUFs autoextend by default.  This was already done in OpenCVS
  > a while ago.
  > OK zinovik nicm (ray@)

tmux

  ~ server-client.c

  > dup() the stdin fd so it isn't closed twice (once for stdin, once for tty).
  > (nicm@)

ldapd

  ~ modify.c

  > Revert parts of previous change leading to assertion failure for
  > certain modify operations. Also fix logic error when replacing an attribute
  > with the empty set. (martinh@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_merge                             ~ pkg_mklocatedb
  ~ OpenBSD/ArcCheck.pm                   ~ OpenBSD/PackageLocation.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCreate.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/Ustar.pm
  ~ pod/OpenBSD::Ustar.pod

  > pass state to Ustar objects, use it to display those pesky error and
  > fatal messages.
  > zap $opt_x from pkg_mklocated, do things like other commands do. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Replace.pm

  > more explicit message (espie@)