[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-03-20

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Mar 21 07:00:01 GMT 2010

distrib/ramdisk                         sbin/disklabel
sbin/newfs                              share/man
sys/arch/sgi/pci                        sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.bin/newsyslog
usr.sbin/pkg_add                        usr.sbin/sysmerge

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

ramdisk

  ~ list

  > move arch(1) to the right directory on the ramdisks; while here,
  > put the link to sbin/sysctl in the right place to let entries being
  > alphabetically sorted again.
  > change reminded by deraadt@ (sobrado@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/06 ==

disklabel

  ~ editor.c

  > for big (>500G) partitions, move to bigger bocks and fragments in the
  > label. newfs wil pick that up, and create a filesystems for which you
  > actually have a chanche to run fsck successfuly and before your hair
  > falls out; ok krw@ beck@ deraadt@ (otto@)

newfs

  ~ newfs.8                               ~ newfs.c

  > Make FFS2 the default format for file systems larger than INT_MAX
  > 512-byte blocks. Better than just blowing up. Tweak man page to document
  > this and clarify various things.
  > Inspired by problems noted during an install by Harald Dunkel.
  > Suggestions and man page corrections from otto@ and jmc@
  > ok beck@ (krw@)

  ~ newfs.8

  > wee tweak; (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man4/otus.4

  > NEC Aterm WL300NU-G (damien@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > Document BROKEN-<arch> (espie@)

arch/sgi/pci

  ~ ioc.c

  > Add code to tell Origin 200 and Origin 2000 / Onyx 2 apart.
  > Use this to correctly handle the onboard IOC3 chip configuration on O2k
  > (two IOC3 chips to be able to provide four serial ports, and the other
  > subdevices are split accross the two IOC3 chips). (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ ip27.h                                ~ ip27_machdep.c

  > Add code to tell Origin 200 and Origin 2000 / Onyx 2 apart.
  > Use this to correctly handle the onboard IOC3 chip configuration on O2k
  > (two IOC3 chips to be able to provide four serial ports, and the other
  > subdevices are split accross the two IOC3 chips). (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > the NEC Aterm WL300NU-G is an otus(4). (damien@)

  ~ if_otus.c

  > NEC Aterm WL300NU-G (damien@)

  ~ files.usb

  > Allow kernels configurations with bluetooth but no USB to build.
  > Patch from Sylvestre Gallon. ok miod@, deraadt at . (matthieu@)

net

  ~ route.c

  > Don't leak memory when resizing routing table array
  > ok claudio@ (blambert@)

mandoc

  ~ term.c

  > When the length of a single words exceeds the maximum acceptable line
  > length, rather ignore the right margin than entering an endless loop.
  > Found the hard way in /usr/xenocara/app/fvwm/modules/FvwmM4/FvwmM4.1.
  > (schwarze@)

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.c

  > The newsyslog(8) utility used to keep one archived log file more than
  > requested; bug reported and patch sent by David Alten.
  > I resolved the problem in a different way, also fixing the following
  > additional issue:  When you reduced the "count" in newsyslog.conf(5),
  > the archived logs with higher numbers got orphaned and never deleted.
  > Nic fixed another off-by-one error in this patch, thanks!
  > "I like it; definitely cleaner"  DAlten at friedkin dot com
  > ok nicm@ (schwarze@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Handle.pm

  > if a package already contains an url marker (say, local stuff recreated),
  > don't override it. so that it can actually be installed. (espie@)

sysmerge

  ~ sysmerge.8