[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-03-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Mar 25 07:00:01 GMT 2010

bin/ksh                                 lib/libc
regress/bin                             sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/sys                                 sys/uvm
usr.bin/top                             usr.sbin/ldpd
usr.sbin/ospfd                          usr.sbin/relayd

== bin =============================================================== 01/06 ==

ksh

  ~ eval.c

  > fix the cases where ${name#pat} and ${name%pat} will generate an empty word
  > when they shouldn't. originally from mksh but modified to handle the case
  > when the expr is quoted as noticed by halex at .
  > input from guenther@ and halex@, millert@ ok (fgsch@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

  ~ string/strdup.3

  > Modify example not to use an assignment in the if statement.  We shouldn't
  > teach people bad habits!
  > ok krw@, jmc@, dlg@, thib@ (kettenis@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/06 ==

bin

  ~ ksh/Makefile                          + ksh/eval.sh

  > tests for ${name#pat} and ${name%pat} issue.
  > millert@ ok'd a previous version. (fgsch@)

  > Bring back PHYSLOAD_DEVICE for uvm_page_physload.
  > ok kettenis@ beck@ (tentatively) and ariane at . deraadt asked for it to be
  > commited now.
  > original commit message:
  > extend uvm_page_physload to have the ability to add "device" pages to
  > the system.
  > This is needed in the case where you need managed pages so you can
  > handle faulting and pmap_page_protect() on said pages when you manage
  > memory in such regions (i'm looking at you, graphics cards).
  > these pages are flagged PG_DEV, and shall never be on the freelists,
  > assert this. behaviour remains unchanged in the non-device case,
  > specifically for all archs currently in the tree we panic if called
  > after bootstrap.
  > ok art@ kettenis@, beck@ (oga@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ vdsk.c

  > vdsk_scsi_cmd doesnt need to return now, so fix some of its scsi command
  > emulation to not return values either.
  > i think this is right, but cant test just yet.
  > found by deraadt@ (dlg@)

dev/pci

  ~ pcidevs                               ~ pcidevs.h

  > correct ID (deraadt@)

  > snc (deraadt@)

  > be even more exact about the TI pcie switches (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ kern_descrip.c                        ~ kern_exit.c
  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_proc.c
  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Add a rwlock around the filehead and allproc lists, mainly to protect
  > list walkers in sysctl that can block.  As a reward, no more vslock.
  > With some feedback from art, guenther, phessler.  ok guenther. (tedu@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_4_7
  > Sync with head as prompted by deraadt@,
  > Original commit message: "Fix a crash in pfsync when running IPSEC." (pyr@)

sys

  ~ file.h                                ~ proc.h

  > Add a rwlock around the filehead and allproc lists, mainly to protect
  > list walkers in sysctl that can block.  As a reward, no more vslock.
  > With some feedback from art, guenther, phessler.  ok guenther. (tedu@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_extern.h                          ~ uvm_page.c
  ~ uvm_page.h

  > Bring back PHYSLOAD_DEVICE for uvm_page_physload.
  > ok kettenis@ beck@ (tentatively) and ariane at . deraadt asked for it to be
  > commited now.
  > original commit message:
  > extend uvm_page_physload to have the ability to add "device" pages to
  > the system.
  > This is needed in the case where you need managed pages so you can
  > handle faulting and pmap_page_protect() on said pages when you manage
  > memory in such regions (i'm looking at you, graphics cards).
  > these pages are flagged PG_DEV, and shall never be on the freelists,
  > assert this. behaviour remains unchanged in the non-device case,
  > specifically for all archs currently in the tree we panic if called
  > after bootstrap.
  > ok art@ kettenis@, beck@ (oga@)

top

  ~ display.c                             ~ top.1

  > Document updating the display using the space-bar.
  > ok jmc@ otto@ (lum@)

ldpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > We need to set the rtm_priority when changing a route so that we do not
  > modify a possible better route instead. A bit more is still needed.
  > OK michele@ (claudio@)

ospfd

  ~ parse.y

  > options must be sorted.