[odc] Daily src changes for 2010-09-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Sep 24 07:00:01 BST 2010

Makefile.cross                          bin/csh
distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail                   sbin/disklabel
sbin/iked                               sbin/ipsecctl
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/arm/arm                        sys/arch/armish/conf
sys/arch/aviion/aviion                  sys/arch/gumstix/conf
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/conf
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/hppa64/hppa64
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/landisk/conf
sys/arch/landisk/landisk                sys/arch/loongson/conf
sys/arch/loongson/dev                   sys/arch/loongson/loongson
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc                sys/arch/octeon/octeon
sys/arch/palm/conf                      sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/socppc/conf                    sys/arch/socppc/socppc
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/arch/zaurus/conf                    sys/dev
sys/dev/ata                             sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/raidframe                       sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/miscfs/procfs
sys/msdosfs                             sys/net
sys/netatalk                            sys/netinet
sys/netinet6                            sys/nnpfs
sys/scsi                                sys/sys
sys/ufs/ext2fs                          sys/ufs/ufs
usr.bin                                 usr.bin/calendar
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/mandoc
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/tn3270
usr.sbin/npppd                          usr.sbin/snmpd

== Makefile.cross ==================================================== 01/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/Makefile.cross

Makefile.cross

  > Remove tn3270 reference. (pirofti@)

== bin =============================================================== 02/09 ==

csh

  ~ USD.doc/csh.2

  > remove reference to msgs(1) (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 03/09 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Teach the installer how to process the new hw.disknames output.
  > ok krw@ (jsing@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/etc/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (pirofti@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/09 ==

usr.sbin/sendmail

  ~ sendmail/mailq.8                      ~ sendmail/newaliases.8
  ~ sendmail/sendmail.8

  > use an EXIT STATUS section for these pages; (jmc@)

  ~ mailstats/mailstats.8                 ~ praliases/praliases.1

  > add EXIT STATUS here too; (jmc@)

  ~ sendmail/sendmail.8

  > since msgs no longer exists, replace the example msgs alias with the one
  > from vacation(8);
  > ok millert (jmc@)

  ~ sendmail/sendmail.8

  > NOTES->CAVEATS; ok millert (jmc@)

  ~ editmap/editmap.8                     ~ mailstats/mailstats.8
  ~ makemap/makemap.8                     ~ praliases/praliases.1
  ~ sendmail/mailq.8                      ~ sendmail/newaliases.8
  ~ sendmail/sendmail.8                   ~ smrsh/smrsh.8

  > add RCSID and Mdocdate to these pages; ok millert (jmc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c                           ~ editor.c
  ~ extern.h

  > Print disklabel UIDs using printf/fprintf instead of using the hand rolled
  > uid_print() function.
  > ok krw@ (jsing@)

  ~ disklabel.c

  > Correctly identify mount points when they are specified in /etc/fstab using
  > a disklabel UID. Based on a diff from josh at elsasser.org. Resolves PR6471.
  > ok krw@ (jsing@)

  ~ disklabel.8

  > tweak the disklabel uid stuff; ok jsing (jmc@)

iked

  ~ iked.conf.5                           ~ parse.y
  ~ pfkey.c

  > support for aes-gcm
  > OK reyk (mikeb@)

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > change description for AES-GMAC a bit.
  > prompted by reyk (mikeb@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man4/tun.4

  > Eliminate mention of EPERM error condition from tun(4) man page.  We
  > just use the filesystem permissions now.
  > Pointed out by stsp at . (matthew@)

  ~ man9/disk.9

  > update struct disk; ok jsing (jmc@)

  - man4/uyurex.4                         ~ man4/Makefile
  + man4/utwitch.4

  > rename uyurex(4) to utwitch(4).
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

  ~ man4/utwitch.4

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > document FSTAB_RQ; ok deraadt thib (jmc@)

  ~ man5/port-modules.5

  > - first stab at documenting the haskell module
  > feedback/ok kili@ (jasper@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/armish/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/aviion/aviion

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/gumstix/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/hppa64/hppa64

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/landisk/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/landisk/landisk

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/loongson/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/loongson/dev

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Move clock attachment later in the game. This is needed for cpu scaling.
  > Okay miod at . (pirofti@)

arch/loongson/loongson

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/octeon/octeon

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/palm/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/socppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Introduce a DKF_NOLABELREAD flag, which is used by a device to prevent
  > automatic reading of disklabel on attach.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > Introduce a DKF_NOLABELREAD flag, which is used by a device to prevent
  > automatic reading of disklabel on attach.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ conf.c

  > Add pppx(4) to the cdevs of the remaining archs.
  > OK dlg@ (claudio@)

arch/zaurus/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable utwitch(4) (formely uyurex(4)) by default
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

dev

  ~ softraid.c                            ~ softraid_crypto.c

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

dev/ata

  ~ atascsi.h

  > commands and bits for data set management. (dlg@)

  ~ atascsi.c

  > translate WRITE SAME 16 into DSM TRIM. (dlg@)

dev/isa

  ~ fd.c

  > Introduce a DKF_NOLABELREAD flag, which is used by a device to prevent
  > automatic reading of disklabel on attach.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

dev/raidframe

  ~ rf_disks.c                            ~ rf_openbsdkintf.c

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

dev/usb

  ~ usb.c

  > rename usb_discover to usb_explore for consistency.
  > OK krw (jakemsr@)

  ~ uhub.c                                ~ usb.c
  ~ usbdi.c                               ~ usbdivar.h

  > instead of running usb_explore() from individual kthreads for each
  > USB bus, make usb_explore() a usb_task.  reduces races during normal
  > USB device detach, since now usb_tasks and detach happen in the same
  > process.
  > ok yuo@, matthew@ helped with the task thread loop (jakemsr@)

  ~ usb.c

  > instead of waiting the full power-up-to-power-steady time for root
  > hubs before their first port explore, check how long it's actually
  > been since power up and only wait as necessary.  saves a little time
  > on boot, especially now that explore tasks are serialized.
  > ok yuo@ (jakemsr@)

  ~ uhub.c                                ~ usb.c
  ~ usbdi.c                               ~ usbdivar.h

  > add a 'dying' flag to struct usbd_bus.  use this to signify the bus
  > is dying, instead of setting a flag in struct usb_softc.  as
  > usbd_device_handle has a pointer to the usbd_bus it's attached to,
  > usb devices, and functions they run or functions run on their behalf,
  > can now easily check if their bus is dying.  use this to stop
  > usbd_do_request* from running and the usb task thread from adding
  > new tasks when a device's bus is dying. (jakemsr@)

  ~ usb.c                                 ~ usbdi.h

  > add two members to struct usb_task
  > * usbd_device_handle dev - the device responsible for the task.  use
  > this to not run the task if the device's hub is dying.
  > * int running - a flag to be set when the task is running.
  > add usb_rem_wait_task(), a wrapper for usb_rem_task() that waits for
  > the task to complete if the task is already running.
  > s/usb_rem_task/usb_rem_wait_task/ in usb_detach().	probably most
  > drivers using usb_tasks should do this as well.  although device
  > attach/detach is serialized in normal cases, in the special case
  > where the usb bus is hotpluggable (like cardbus/pcmcia), devices
  > are not detached in the task thread. (jakemsr@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > returning here can cause the usb task thread to go to sleep forever,
  > becaue it skips a wakeup() later on.  this is the only error condition
  > that returns before the wakeup.  not sure why this particular case is
  > handled differently, and not certain what the error code should be, but
  > this is better than breaking all of usb because of a problem on one port.
  > dicussed with deraadt (jakemsr@)

  - uyurex.c                              ~ files.usb
  + utwitch.c

  > rename uyurex(4) to utwitch(4)
  > ok deraadt@ (yuo@)

  ~ if_axe.c

  > remove dying flag in the detach() function.
  > the device driver which has DEACTIVATE processing seems to no need to
  > set dying flag in the detach() function because the flag will be set
  > in the DEACTIVATE process before detach().
  > ok jsg@, ok for experiment deraadt@ (yuo@)

kern

  ~ uipc_mbuf.c

  > tweak the mclgeti algorithm to behave better under load.
  > instead of letting hardware rings grow on every interrupt, restrict
  > it so it can only grow once per softclock tick. we can only punish
  > the rings on softclock ticks, so it make sense to only grow on
  > softclock tick boundaries too.
  > the rings are now punished after >1 lost softclock tick rather than
  > >2. mclgeti is now more aggressive at detecting livelock.
  > the rings get punished by an 8th, rather than by half.
  > we now allow the rings to be punished again even if the system is
  > already considered in livelock.
  > without this diff a livelocked system will have its rx ring sizes
  > scale up and down very rapidly, while holding the rings low for too
  > long. this affected throughput significantly.
  > discussed and tested heavily at j2k10. there are still some games
  > with softnet we can play, but this is a good first step.
  > "put it in" and ok deraadt@
  > ok claudio@ krw@ henning@ mcbride@
  > if we find out that it sucks we can pull it out again later. till then
  > we'll run with it and see how it goes. (dlg@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Include the disklabel UID in hw.disknames.
  > ok deraadt@ krw@ (jsing@)

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > When a disk is attached create a workq task to read the disklabel,
  > providing the DKF_NOLABELREAD flag is not set. This provides the kernel
  > with the actual disklabel which includes the disklabel UID.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

miscfs/procfs

  ~ procfs_vfsops.c

  > In procfs_root(), while the vn_lock on a newly-allocated vnode can not
  > fail it is still good practise to either check the return value or to
  > provide a flag that won't (to avoid copy pasted code that gets it
  > wrong).
  > So change LK_EXCLUSIVE to LK_EXCLUSIVE | LK_RETRY, removing the one
  > caller of vn_lock in the tree that doesn't either pass LK_RETRY or check
  > the return value.
  > ok thib@, jsing@ as part of a larger diff. (oga@)

msdosfs

  ~ msdosfs_vfsops.c

  > Change:
  > /* something */
  > if (error) {
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > return;
  > }
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > to the clearer and shorter:
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > if (error)
  > return;
  > ok thib@, jsing@ as part of a larger diff. (oga@)

net

  ~ if_tun.c

  > If tunread() fails, we should increment if_oerrors, not if_ierrors.
  > "yup" deraadt@ (matthew@)

  ~ if.h

  > tweak the mclgeti algorithm to behave better under load.
  > instead of letting hardware rings grow on every interrupt, restrict
  > it so it can only grow once per softclock tick. we can only punish
  > the rings on softclock ticks, so it make sense to only grow on
  > softclock tick boundaries too.
  > the rings are now punished after >1 lost softclock tick rather than
  > >2. mclgeti is now more aggressive at detecting livelock.
  > the rings get punished by an 8th, rather than by half.
  > we now allow the rings to be punished again even if the system is
  > already considered in livelock.
  > without this diff a livelocked system will have its rx ring sizes
  > scale up and down very rapidly, while holding the rings low for too
  > long. this affected throughput significantly.
  > discussed and tested heavily at j2k10. there are still some games
  > with softnet we can play, but this is a good first step.
  > "put it in" and ok deraadt@
  > ok claudio@ krw@ henning@ mcbride@
  > if we find out that it sucks we can pull it out again later. till then
  > we'll run with it and see how it goes. (dlg@)

  ~ if_gre.c

  > fix indentation to not confusingly align with an unassociated while()
  > statement
  > ok claudio@ (blambert@)

  ~ pf.c

  > Break out rule counter update code into a separate function, makes the
  > behaviour consistent between IPv4 and IPv6.
  > From martin.pelikan at gmail.com (mcbride@)

netatalk

  ~ at.h                                  ~ at_proto.c

  > Do not declare the domain and protosw structures in at.h fixes build with
  > netatalk enabled. (claudio@)

netinet

  ~ in.h                                  ~ in_pcb.h
  ~ ip_output.c

  > add a new IP level socket option IP_PIPEX.	This option is used for L2TP
  > support by pipex.
  > OK henning@, "Carry on" blambert@ (yasuoka@)

  ~ ip_esp.c

  > remove m_pad in favor of m_inject as it's equivalent to m_inject
  > with an offset equal to the actual data length.
  > ok henning blambert (mikeb@)

  ~ ip_ipsp.h

  > remove m_pad in favor of m_inject as it's equivalent to m_inject
  > with an offset equal to the actual data length.
  > ok henning blambert (mikeb@)

netinet6

  ~ in6.h                                 ~ ip6_output.c

  > add a new IP level socket option IP_PIPEX.	This option is used for L2TP
  > support by pipex.
  > OK henning@, "Carry on" blambert@ (yasuoka@)

nnpfs

  ~ nnpfs_vnodeops.h

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_disk.h

  > descripe a few bits of the write same commands. (dlg@)

  ~ cd.c

  > Introduce a DKF_NOLABELREAD flag, which is used by a device to prevent
  > automatic reading of disklabel on attach.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

sys

  ~ disk.h

  > Introduce a DKF_NOLABELREAD flag, which is used by a device to prevent
  > automatic reading of disklabel on attach.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ krw@ (jsing@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_vfsops.c

  > Change:
  > /* something */
  > if (error) {
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > return;
  > }
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > to the clearer and shorter:
  > VOP_UNLOCK();
  > if (error)
  > return;
  > ok thib@, jsing@ as part of a larger diff. (oga@)

  ~ ext2fs_lookup.c                       ~ ext2fs_vnops.c

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_lookup.c                          ~ ufs_vnops.c

  > The only sensible argument for VOP_* calls that take a struct proc pointer
  > is
  > curproc. A bunch of callers were passing in 0 (not even NULL, 0) as this
  > pointer, which was fine until the called vnode function tried to do
  > something with it. Typically, this code was then copy/pasted to various
  > parts of the tree.
  > Accept the facts of life and switch all of these over to passing curproc
  > for now until the argument can be removed.
  > Discovered by stsp trying to create a softraid on top of a vnd, which
  > crashed with a NULL deref in vndioctl.
  > softraid bits tested by mikeb and jsing. raidframe bits tested by pea,
  > matthieu and naddy. The rest tested by at least thib, jsing and myself.
  > ok thib@, jsing at . (oga@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

usr.bin

  ~ Makefile

  > Unlink tn3270 from the build.
  > Okay deraadt@, millert@ and all around general approval. (pirofti@)

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.history

  > "British defeat the French at the Plains of Abraham" was 1759, not 1788;
  > from Douglas Berry, freebsd pr misc/150504 (jmc@)

cvs

  ~ import.c                              ~ util.c
  ~ util.h

  > Add cvs_mkdir() for recursive directory creation on import, based on a
  > diff from Michael W Bombardieri in PR 6398.
  > tested by & ok jasper (nicm@)

mandoc

  ~ term.c

  > Count trailing escaped blanks correctly;
  > those ruined the alignment of columns.
  > Tested by jmc@, and kristaps@ agrees with the direction. (schwarze@)

  ~ mdoc_term.c

  > When the HEAD of an .Nm block in the SYNOPSIS might be wider
  > than the column containing it, the TERMP_HANG flag is required,
  > but avoid the flag when we know that the HEAD is shorter,
  > because in that case, the flag might ruin the alignment.
  > Problem originally reported by jmc@, who also spotted a regression
  > in an earlier version of this patch.
  > "feel free to commit" kristaps@ (schwarze@)

rcs

  ~ rcs.c

  > Plug memory leak in rcs_getrev, from zinovik.
  > ok me stsp (nicm@)

ssh

  ~ sftp.c

  > add [-l limit] to usage(); (jmc@)

  ~ scp.1                                 ~ sftp.1

  > add KexAlgorithms to the -o list; (jmc@)

systat

  ~ mbufs.c

  > tweak the mclgeti algorithm to behave better under load.
  > instead of letting hardware rings grow on every interrupt, restrict
  > it so it can only grow once per softclock tick. we can only punish
  > the rings on softclock ticks, so it make sense to only grow on
  > softclock tick boundaries too.
  > the rings are now punished after >1 lost softclock tick rather than
  > >2. mclgeti is now more aggressive at detecting livelock.
  > the rings get punished by an 8th, rather than by half.
  > we now allow the rings to be punished again even if the system is
  > already considered in livelock.
  > without this diff a livelocked system will have its rx ring sizes
  > scale up and down very rapidly, while holding the rings low for too
  > long. this affected throughput significantly.
  > discussed and tested heavily at j2k10. there are still some games
  > with softnet we can play, but this is a good first step.
  > "put it in" and ok deraadt@
  > ok claudio@ krw@ henning@ mcbride@
  > if we find out that it sucks we can pull it out again later. till then
  > we'll run with it and see how it goes. (dlg@)

tn3270

  - Makefile                              - Makefile.inc
  - api/api.order                         - api/api_bsd.c
  - api/api_exch.c                        - api/api_exch.h
  - api/apilib.c                          - api/apilib.h
  - api/asc_ebc.c                         - api/asc_ebc.h
  - api/astosc.c                          - api/astosc.h
  - api/dctype.c                          - api/dctype.h
  - api/disp_asc.c                        - api/disp_asc.h
  - api/ebc_disp.c                        - api/ebc_disp.h
  - ascii/ascii.order                     - ascii/default.map
  - ascii/map3270.c                       - ascii/map3270.h
  - ascii/mset.c                          - ascii/state.h
  - ascii/termin.c                        - ctlr/3180.kbd
  - ctlr/3270pc.kbd                       - ctlr/api.c
  - ctlr/api.h                            - ctlr/ctlr.order
  - ctlr/declare.h                        - ctlr/externs.h
  - ctlr/function.c                       - ctlr/function.h
  - ctlr/hostctlr.h                       - ctlr/inbound.c
  - ctlr/oia.c                            - ctlr/oia.h
  - ctlr/options.c                        - ctlr/options.h
  - ctlr/outbound.c                       - ctlr/screen.h
  - ctlr/scrnctlr.h                       - ctlr/unix.kbd
  - general/genbsubs.c                    - general/general.h
  - general/general.order                 - general/globals.c
  - general/globals.h                     - general/vaxbsubs.s
  - mset/Makefile                         - mset/map3270.5
  - mset/mset.1                           - sys_curses/system.c
  - sys_curses/telextrn.h                 - sys_curses/terminal.h
  - sys_curses/termout.c                  - tn3270/Makefile
  - tn3270/tn3270.1                       - tools/Makefile
  - tools/Makefile.inc                    - tools/mkmake.y
  - tools/prt3270.c                       - tools/mkastods/Makefile
  - tools/mkastods/mkastods.c             - tools/mkastosc/Makefile
  - tools/mkastosc/mkastosc.c             - tools/mkdctype/Makefile
  - tools/mkdctype/ectype.c               - tools/mkdctype/ectype.h
  - tools/mkdctype/mkdctype.c             - tools/mkdstoas/Makefile
  - tools/mkdstoas/mkdstoas.c             - tools/mkhits/Makefile
  - tools/mkhits/dohits.c                 - tools/mkhits/dohits.h
  - tools/mkhits/mkhits.c

  > Kill tn3270.
  > Okay deraadt@, millert@ and all around general approval. (pirofti@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

npppd

  - common/rt_zebra.c                     - common/rt_zebra.h
  - common/rt_zebra_local.h               ~ npppd/Makefile
  ~ npppd/npppd.c                         ~ npppd/npppd_subr.c

  > remove support for talking to the zebra routing socket which
  > was not enabled, we use a kernel routing socket for such things.
  > ok yasuoka@ claudio@ (jsg@)

  ~ common/ipsec_util.c                   ~ common/ipsec_util_local.h
  ~ common/time_utils.c                   ~ common/time_utils.h
  ~ npppdctl/npppdctl.8

  > Add the same license text to these files as the rest of npppd.
  > ok yasuoka@ (jsg@)

snmpd

  ~ mib.c