[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-03-07

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Mar 8 07:00:02 GMT 2011

share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/bc
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.bin/pkg-config
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.bin/usbhidaction
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ospf6ctl
usr.sbin/ospf6d                         usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/snmpd

== share ============================================================= 01/04 ==

  ~ man7/man.7                            ~ man7/mdoc.7

  > Clean up date handling,
  > as a first step to get rid of the frequent petty warnings in this area:
  > - always store dates as strings, not as seconds since the Epoch
  > - for input, try the three most common formats everywhere
  > - for unrecognized format, just pass the date though verbatim
  > - when there is no date at all, still use the current date
  > Originally triggered by a one-line patch from Tim van der Molen,
  > <tbvdm at xs4all dot nl>, which is included here.
  > Feedback and OK on manual parts from jmc at .
  > "please check this in" kristaps@ (schwarze@)

  ~ man4/envy.4

  > List Dynex DX-SC51 as supported card. ok jakemsr (stsp@)

  ~ man4/envy.4

  > hardware lists are sorted; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > noone will ever use NTFS on alpha (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_clock.c
  ~ kern_proc.c                           ~ kern_resource.c
  ~ kern_sig.c                            ~ sched_bsd.c

  > The scheduling 'nice' value is per-process, not per-thread, so move it
  > into struct process.
  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (guenther@)

net

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pfvar.h

  > Declare the inline function pf_addr_compare() non-static in pfvar.h
  > to make it reusable by pf fragment reassembly.  No functional change.
  > discussed with henning@, claudio@, deraadt@, kettenis@
  > ok guenther@ (bluhm@)

sys

  ~ proc.h                                ~ sysctl.h

  > The scheduling 'nice' value is per-process, not per-thread, so move it
  > into struct process.
  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (guenther@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

bc

  ~ Makefile                              ~ bc.1
  ~ bc.y                                  ~ extern.h
  ~ scan.l

  > add editline support; from freebsd. ok deraadt@ (otto@)

  ~ bc.1

  > no Pp before/after Sh; (jmc@)

mandoc

  ~ libmandoc.h                           ~ main.c
  ~ man.c                                 ~ man.h
  ~ man_html.c                            ~ man_term.c
  ~ man_validate.c                        ~ mandoc.c
  ~ mandoc.h                              ~ mdoc.c
  ~ mdoc.h                                ~ mdoc_html.c
  ~ mdoc_term.c                           ~ mdoc_validate.c
  ~ out.h

  > Clean up date handling,
  > as a first step to get rid of the frequent petty warnings in this area:
  > - always store dates as strings, not as seconds since the Epoch
  > - for input, try the three most common formats everywhere
  > - for unrecognized format, just pass the date though verbatim
  > - when there is no date at all, still use the current date
  > Originally triggered by a one-line patch from Tim van der Molen,
  > <tbvdm at xs4all dot nl>, which is included here.
  > Feedback and OK on manual parts from jmc at .
  > "please check this in" kristaps@ (schwarze@)

  ~ term_ps.c

  > Do not leak information about the software used
  > into PostScript and PDF documents behind the user's back.
  > Joerg Sonnenberger pointed out that almost all software
  > creating PostScript and PDF documents does so, even on OpenBSD,
  > but that doesn't make the leakage much better in my book.
  > According to all standards i could find, this information is optional.
  > Issue originally reported by deraadt@; "commit!" kristaps at . (schwarze@)

pkg-config

  ~ pkg-config

  > - style consistency
  > ok ckuethe@ (jasper@)

tmux

  ~ input.c                               ~ screen-write.c
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ tty.c

  > Support passing through escape sequences to the underlying terminal by
  > using DCS with a "tmux;" prefix. Escape characters in the sequences must
  > be doubled. For example:
  > $ printf '\033Ptmux;\033\033]12;red\007\033\\'
  > Will pass \033]12;red\007 to the terminal (and change the cursor colour
  > in xterm). From Kevin Goodsell. (nicm@)

  ~ layout-set.c

  > Prevent tiled producing a corrupt layout when only one column is needed,
  > from Karl Ferdinand Ebert. (nicm@)

usbhidaction

  ~ usbhidaction.1                        ~ usbhidaction.c

  > - use fork(2)/exec(3) instead of system(3) to execute the specified action,
  > as the launched command used to be terminated when usbhidaction terminates.
  > using fork here prevents that.
  > from vadim zhukov
  > ok otto@ (jasper@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

  ~ kroute.c

  > continguous -> contiguous
  > From: "Anthony J. Bentley" <anthonyjbentley at gmail dot com> (henning@)

ospf6ctl

  ~ parser.c

  > continguous -> contiguous
  > From: "Anthony J. Bentley" <anthonyjbentley at gmail dot com> (henning@)

ospf6d

  ~ kroute.c

  > continguous -> contiguous
  > From: "Anthony J. Bentley" <anthonyjbentley at gmail dot com> (henning@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/AddCreateDelete.pm            ~ OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PkgCreate.pm                  ~ OpenBSD/Temp.pm

  > run makewhatis during pkg_create in verbose mode.
  > tweak temp manpage generation a bit, so that it has correct names in its
  > own directory, because makewhatis will be really pissed off otherwise.
  > (espie@)

snmpd

  ~ kroute.c