[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-03-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Mar 11 07:00:01 GMT 2011

etc/rc.d/rc.subr                        share/man
sys/dev/i2c                             usr.bin/pkg-config
usr.bin/ssh

== etc =============================================================== 01/04 ==

rc.d/rc.subr

  ~ rc.d/rc.subr

  > Add a small comment at the top to explain what this file does.
  > Use $() constructs as it's safer than ``.
  > Both req. by deraadt@
  > Use pkill instead of pgrep in rc_check so that we don't need to fiddle
  > with redirections in reload.
  > prodded by schwarze@
  > ok robert@ (ajacoutot@)

== share ============================================================= 02/04 ==

  ~ man8/rc.subr.8

  > Extend the documentation of the actions argument and bring this up to date
  > after the recent changes.
  > ok sthen@ robert@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man8/rc.subr.8

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

  ~ man8/rc.d.8

  > Changing daemon_flags on already running processes can make any kind of
  > action fail, not just reload and stop.
  > ok sthen@ (ajacoutot@)

  ~ man4/admtemp.4

  > Add support for detecting the NXP SA56004X (we have not actually
  > seen it in the wild yet, but the detection seems easy).  Few bugs spotted
  > by kettenis.
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

dev/i2c

  ~ adm1021.c                             ~ i2c_scan.c

  > Add support for detecting the NXP SA56004X (we have not actually
  > seen it in the wild yet, but the detection seems easy).  Few bugs spotted
  > by kettenis.
  > ok kettenis (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 04/04 ==

pkg-config

  ~ pkg-config

  > honor PKG_CONFIG_DEBUG_SPEW, which is like our --debug option
  > ok ckuethe@ (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config.1

  > - document all the environment variables that pkg-config honors
  > ok ckuethe@ jmc@ (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config                            ~ pkg-config.1

  > - implement several more options that will be needed to bump to 0.24
  > (--print-provides, --print-requires and --print-requires-private)
  > ok ckuethe@ (jasper@)

  ~ pkg-config

  > - make this easier to read (jasper@)

ssh

  ~ auth2-gss.c                           ~ auth2.c

  > allow GSSAPI authentication to detect when a server-side failure causes
  > authentication failure and don't count such failures against MaxAuthTries;
  > bz#1244 from simon AT sxw.org.uk; ok markus@ before lock (djm@)

  ~ auth.h