[odc] Daily src changes for 2011-03-12

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Mar 13 07:00:02 GMT 2011

bin/ps                                  distrib/sets
gnu/usr.bin/groff                       include/kvm.h
lib/libarch                             lib/libc
lib/libkvm                              libexec/ld.so
regress/sys                             sbin/fsck_ext2fs
sbin/newfs_ext2fs                       sbin/sysctl
share/man                               share/mk
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/m68k/include
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/arch/sh/include
sys/arch/sparc/stand/installboot        sys/arch/vax/include
sys/compat/common                       sys/kern
sys/lib/libkern                         sys/sys
usr.sbin/ldpd                           usr.sbin/relayd

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

ps

  ~ keyword.c                             ~ print.c

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/11 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.armish                  ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.loongson                ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.palm
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus                  ~ lists/base/mi
  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

usr.bin/groff

  - BUG-REPORT                            - COPYING
  - ChangeLog                             - INSTALL
  - INSTALL.gen                           - Makefile.bsd-wrapper
  - Makefile.ccpg                         - Makefile.comm
  - Makefile.cpg                          - Makefile.dev
  - Makefile.in                           - Makefile.init
  - Makefile.lib                          - Makefile.man
  - Makefile.sub                          - NEWS
  - PROBLEMS                              - PROJECTS
  - README                                - TODO
  - VERSION                               - aclocal.m4
  - configure                             - configure.in
  - gendef.sh                             - install-sh
  - mdate.sh                              - test-groff
  - addftinfo/Makefile.dep                - addftinfo/Makefile.sub
  - addftinfo/addftinfo.1_in              - addftinfo/addftinfo.cc
  - addftinfo/guess.cc                    - addftinfo/guess.h
  - afmtodit/Makefile.sub                 - afmtodit/afmtodit.1_in
  - afmtodit/afmtodit.pl                  - devX100/CB
  - devX100/CBI                           - devX100/CI
  - devX100/CR                            - devX100/DESC
  - devX100/HB                            - devX100/HBI
  - devX100/HI                            - devX100/HR
  - devX100/Makefile.sub                  - devX100/NB
  - devX100/NBI                           - devX100/NI
  - devX100/NR                            - devX100/S
  - devX100/TB                            - devX100/TBI
  - devX100/TI                            - devX100/TR
  - devX100-12/CB                         - devX100-12/CBI
  - devX100-12/CI                         - devX100-12/CR
  - devX100-12/DESC                       - devX100-12/HB
  - devX100-12/HBI                        - devX100-12/HI
  - devX100-12/HR                         - devX100-12/Makefile.sub
  - devX100-12/NB                         - devX100-12/NBI
  - devX100-12/NI                         - devX100-12/NR
  - devX100-12/S                          - devX100-12/TB
  - devX100-12/TBI                        - devX100-12/TI
  - devX100-12/TR                         - devX75/CB
  - devX75/CBI                            - devX75/CI
  - devX75/CR                             - devX75/DESC
  - devX75/HB                             - devX75/HBI
  - devX75/HI                             - devX75/HR
  - devX75/Makefile.sub                   - devX75/NB
  - devX75/NBI                            - devX75/NI
  - devX75/NR                             - devX75/S
  - devX75/TB                             - devX75/TBI
  - devX75/TI                             - devX75/TR
  - devX75-12/CB                          - devX75-12/CBI
  - devX75-12/CI                          - devX75-12/CR
  - devX75-12/DESC                        - devX75-12/HB
  - devX75-12/HBI                         - devX75-12/HI
  - devX75-12/HR                          - devX75-12/Makefile.sub
  - devX75-12/NB                          - devX75-12/NBI
  - devX75-12/NI                          - devX75-12/NR
  - devX75-12/S                           - devX75-12/TB
  - devX75-12/TBI                         - devX75-12/TI
  - devX75-12/TR                          - devascii/DESC.proto
  - devascii/Makefile.sub                 - devascii/R.proto
  - devdvi/B                              - devdvi/BI
  - devdvi/CW                             - devdvi/DESC.in
  - devdvi/EX                             - devdvi/H
  - devdvi/HB                             - devdvi/HI
  - devdvi/I                              - devdvi/MI
  - devdvi/Makefile.sub                   - devdvi/R
  - devdvi/S                              - devdvi/SA
  - devdvi/SB                             - devdvi/generate/CompileFonts
  - devdvi/generate/Makefile              - devdvi/generate/cork.map
  - devdvi/generate/msam.map              - devdvi/generate/msbm.map
  - devdvi/generate/texb.map              - devdvi/generate/texex.map
  - devdvi/generate/texi.map              - devdvi/generate/texmi.map
  - devdvi/generate/texr.map              - devdvi/generate/texsy.map
  - devdvi/generate/textt.map             - devhtml/CB
  - devhtml/CBI                           - devhtml/CI
  - devhtml/CR                            - devhtml/DESC
  - devhtml/HB                            - devhtml/HBI
  - devhtml/HI                            - devhtml/HR
  - devhtml/Makefile.sub                  - devhtml/NB
  - devhtml/NBI                           - devhtml/NI
  - devhtml/NR                            - devhtml/S
  - devhtml/TB                            - devhtml/TBI
  - devhtml/TI                            - devhtml/TR
  - devlatin1/DESC.proto                  - devlatin1/Makefile.sub
  - devlatin1/R.proto                     - devlj4/ALBB
  - devlj4/ALBR                           - devlj4/AOB
  - devlj4/AOI                            - devlj4/AOR
  - devlj4/CB                             - devlj4/CBI
  - devlj4/CI                             - devlj4/CLARENDON
  - devlj4/CORONET                        - devlj4/CR
  - devlj4/DESC.in                        - devlj4/GB
  - devlj4/GBI                            - devlj4/GI
  - devlj4/GR                             - devlj4/LGB
  - devlj4/LGI                            - devlj4/LGR
  - devlj4/MARIGOLD                       - devlj4/Makefile.sub
  - devlj4/OB                             - devlj4/OBI
  - devlj4/OI                             - devlj4/OR
  - devlj4/S                              - devlj4/TB
  - devlj4/TBI                            - devlj4/TI
  - devlj4/TR                             - devlj4/UB
  - devlj4/UBI                            - devlj4/UCB
  - devlj4/UCBI                           - devlj4/UCI
  - devlj4/UCR                            - devlj4/UI
  - devlj4/UR                             - devlj4/generate/Makefile
  - devlj4/generate/special.map           - devlj4/generate/text.map
  - devps/AB                              - devps/ABI
  - devps/AI                              - devps/AR
  - devps/BMB                             - devps/BMBI
  - devps/BMI                             - devps/BMR
  - devps/CB                              - devps/CBI
  - devps/CI                              - devps/CR
  - devps/DESC.in                         - devps/HB
  - devps/HBI                             - devps/HI
  - devps/HNB                             - devps/HNBI
  - devps/HNI                             - devps/HNR
  - devps/HR                              - devps/Makefile.sub
  - devps/NB                              - devps/NBI
  - devps/NI                              - devps/NR
  - devps/PB                              - devps/PBI
  - devps/PI                              - devps/PR
  - devps/S                               - devps/SS
  - devps/TB                              - devps/TBI
  - devps/TI                              - devps/TR
  - devps/ZCMI                            - devps/ZD
  - devps/ZDR                             - devps/download
  - devps/prologue.ps                     - devps/psstrip.sed
  - devps/symbol.afm                      - devps/symbolmap
  - devps/symbolsl.ps                     - devps/text.enc
  - devps/zapfdr.afm                      - devps/zapfdr.ps
  - devps/generate/Makefile               - devps/generate/afmname
  - devps/generate/dingbatsmap            - devps/generate/dingbatsrmap
  - devps/generate/lgreekmap              - devps/generate/symbol.sed
  - devps/generate/symbolchars            - devps/generate/symbolsl.afm
  - devps/generate/textmap                - doc/Makefile
  - doc/groff.texinfo                     - doc/meintro.me
  - doc/meref.me                          - doc/pic.ms
  - eqn/Makefile.dep                      - eqn/Makefile.sub
  - eqn/TODO                              - eqn/box.cc
  - eqn/box.h                             - eqn/delim.cc
  - eqn/eqn.1_in                          - eqn/eqn.h
  - eqn/eqn.y                             - eqn/lex.cc
  - eqn/limit.cc                          - eqn/list.cc
  - eqn/main.cc                           - eqn/mark.cc
  - eqn/neqn.sh                           - eqn/other.cc
  - eqn/over.cc                           - eqn/pbox.h
  - eqn/pile.cc                           - eqn/script.cc
  - eqn/special.cc                        - eqn/sqrt.cc
  - eqn/text.cc                           - grodvi/Makefile.dep
  - grodvi/Makefile.sub                   - grodvi/dvi.cc
  - grodvi/grodvi.1_in                    - groff/Makefile.dep
  - groff/Makefile.sub                    - groff/groff.1_in
  - groff/groff.cc                        - groff/pipeline.c
  - groff/pipeline.h                      - grog/Makefile.sub
  - grog/grog.1_in                        - grog/grog.pl
  - grog/grog.sh                          - grohtml/ChangeLog
  - grohtml/Makefile.dep                  - grohtml/Makefile.sub
  - grohtml/design.ms                     - grohtml/grohtml.1_in
  - grohtml/html.cc                       - grohtml/html.h
  - grohtml/ordered_list.h                - grolj4/Makefile.dep
  - grolj4/Makefile.sub                   - grolj4/grolj4.1_in
  - grolj4/lj4.cc                         - grops/Makefile.dep
  - grops/Makefile.sub                    - grops/TODO
  - grops/grops.1_in                      - grops/ps.cc
  - grops/ps.h                            - grops/psfig.diff
  - grops/psrm.cc                         - grotty/Makefile.dep
  - grotty/Makefile.sub                   - grotty/TODO
  - grotty/grotty.1_in                    - grotty/tty.cc
  - hpftodit/Makefile.dep                 - hpftodit/Makefile.sub
  - hpftodit/hpftodit.1_in                - hpftodit/hpftodit.cc
  - include/Makefile.sub                  - include/assert.h
  - include/cmap.h                        - include/cset.h
  - include/device.h                      - include/driver.h
  - include/errarg.h                      - include/error.h
  - include/font.h                        - include/index.h
  - include/lib.h                         - include/macropath.h
  - include/posix.h                       - include/printer.h
  - include/ptable.h                      - include/refid.h
  - include/search.h                      - include/searchpath.h
  - include/stringclass.h                 - include/unix.h
  - indxbib/Makefile.dep                  - indxbib/Makefile.sub
  - indxbib/dirnamemax.c                  - indxbib/eign
  - indxbib/indxbib.1_in                  - indxbib/indxbib.cc
  - indxbib/signal.c                      - libbib/Makefile.dep
  - libbib/Makefile.sub                   - libbib/common.cc
  - libbib/index.cc                       - libbib/linear.cc
  - libbib/map.c                          - libbib/search.cc
  - libdriver/Makefile.dep                - libdriver/Makefile.sub
  - libdriver/input.cc                    - libdriver/printer.cc
  - libgroff/Makefile.dep                 - libgroff/Makefile.sub
  - libgroff/assert.cc                    - libgroff/change_lf.cc
  - libgroff/cmap.cc                      - libgroff/cset.cc
  - libgroff/device.cc                    - libgroff/errarg.cc
  - libgroff/error.cc                     - libgroff/fatal.cc
  - libgroff/filename.cc                  - libgroff/fmod.c
  - libgroff/font.cc                      - libgroff/fontfile.cc
  - libgroff/getcwd.c                     - libgroff/iftoa.c
  - libgroff/illegal.cc                   - libgroff/itoa.c
  - libgroff/lf.cc                        - libgroff/lineno.cc
  - libgroff/macropath.cc                 - libgroff/matherr.c
  - libgroff/nametoindex.cc               - libgroff/new.cc
  - libgroff/prime.cc                     - libgroff/progname.cc
  - libgroff/ptable.cc                    - libgroff/putenv.c
  - libgroff/searchpath.cc                - libgroff/strerror.c
  - libgroff/string.cc                    - libgroff/strsave.cc
  - libgroff/strtol.c                     - libgroff/tmpfile.cc
  - lkbib/Makefile.dep                    - lkbib/Makefile.sub
  - lkbib/lkbib.1_in                      - lkbib/lkbib.cc
  - lookbib/Makefile.dep                  - lookbib/Makefile.sub
  - lookbib/lookbib.1_in                  - lookbib/lookbib.cc
  - man/Makefile.sub                      - man/groff_char.7_in
  - man/groff_font.5_in                   - man/groff_out.5_in
  - mm/ChangeLog                          - mm/Makefile.sub
  - mm/NOTES                              - mm/README
  - mm/groff_mm.7_in                      - mm/groff_mmse.7_in
  - mm/tmac.m                             - mm/tmac.mse
  - mm/mm/0.MT                            - mm/mm/4.MT
  - mm/mm/5.MT                            - mm/mm/ms.cov
  - mm/mm/se_ms.cov                       - nroff/Makefile.sub
  - nroff/nroff.1_in                      - nroff/nroff.sh
  - pfbtops/Makefile.dep                  - pfbtops/Makefile.sub
  - pfbtops/pfbtops.1_in                  - pfbtops/pfbtops.c
  - pic/Makefile.dep                      - pic/Makefile.sub
  - pic/TODO                              - pic/common.cc
  - pic/common.h                          - pic/depend
  - pic/lex.cc                            - pic/main.cc
  - pic/object.cc                         - pic/object.h
  - pic/output.h                          - pic/pic.1_in
  - pic/pic.h                             - pic/pic.y
  - pic/position.h                        - pic/tex.cc
  - pic/text.h                            - pic/troff.cc
  - psbb/Makefile.dep                     - psbb/Makefile.sub
  - psbb/psbb.1_in                        - psbb/psbb.c
  - refer/Makefile.dep                    - refer/Makefile.sub
  - refer/TODO                            - refer/command.cc
  - refer/command.h                       - refer/label.y
  - refer/ref.cc                          - refer/ref.h
  - refer/refer.1_in                      - refer/refer.cc
  - refer/refer.h                         - refer/token.cc
  - refer/token.h                         - soelim/Makefile.dep
  - soelim/Makefile.sub                   - soelim/TODO
  - soelim/soelim.1_in                    - soelim/soelim.cc
  - tbl/Makefile.dep                      - tbl/Makefile.sub
  - tbl/main.cc                           - tbl/table.cc
  - tbl/table.h                           - tbl/tbl.1
  - tbl/tbl.1_in                          - tfmtodit/Makefile.dep
  - tfmtodit/Makefile.sub                 - tfmtodit/tfmtodit.1_in
  - tfmtodit/tfmtodit.cc                  - tmac/Makefile.sub
  - tmac/TODO                             - tmac/doc-common
  - tmac/doc-ditroff                      - tmac/doc-nroff
  - tmac/doc-syms                         - tmac/eqnrc
  - tmac/fixmacros.sed                    - tmac/groff_man.7_in
  - tmac/groff_mdoc.7_in                  - tmac/groff_mdoc.samples.7_in
  - tmac/groff_me.7_in                    - tmac/groff_ms.7_in
  - tmac/groff_msafer.7_in                - tmac/man.local
  - tmac/man.ultrix                       - tmac/mm.diff
  - tmac/strip.sed                        - tmac/tmac.X
  - tmac/tmac.Xps                         - tmac/tmac.a4
  - tmac/tmac.an                          - tmac/tmac.andoc
  - tmac/tmac.arkup                       - tmac/tmac.doc
  - tmac/tmac.doc.old                     - tmac/tmac.dvi
  - tmac/tmac.e                           - tmac/tmac.html
  - tmac/tmac.latin1                      - tmac/tmac.lj4
  - tmac/tmac.pic                         - tmac/tmac.ps
  - tmac/tmac.psatk                       - tmac/tmac.psfig
  - tmac/tmac.psnew                       - tmac/tmac.psold
  - tmac/tmac.pspic                       - tmac/tmac.s
  - tmac/tmac.safer                       - tmac/tmac.trace
  - tmac/tmac.tty                         - tmac/tmac.tty-char
  - tmac/troffrc                          - troff/Makefile.dep
  - troff/Makefile.sub                    - troff/TODO
  - troff/charinfo.h                      - troff/column.cc
  - troff/dictionary.cc                   - troff/dictionary.h
  - troff/div.cc                          - troff/div.h
  - troff/env.cc                          - troff/env.h
  - troff/hvunits.h                       - troff/hyphen.us
  - troff/input.cc                        - troff/node.cc
  - troff/node.h                          - troff/number.cc
  - troff/reg.cc                          - troff/reg.h
  - troff/request.h                       - troff/symbol.cc
  - troff/symbol.h                        - troff/token.h
  - troff/troff.1_in                      - troff/troff.h
  - xditview/ChangeLog                    - xditview/DESC
  - xditview/Dvi.c                        - xditview/Dvi.h
  - xditview/DviChar.c                    - xditview/DviChar.h
  - xditview/DviP.h                       - xditview/FontMap
  - xditview/GXditview-ad.h               - xditview/GXditview.ad
  - xditview/INSTALL                      - xditview/Imakefile
  - xditview/Menu.h                       - xditview/README
  - xditview/TODO                         - xditview/XFontName.c
  - xditview/XFontName.h                  - xditview/ad2c
  - xditview/device.c                     - xditview/device.h
  - xditview/draw.c                       - xditview/font.c
  - xditview/gray1.bm                     - xditview/gray2.bm
  - xditview/gray3.bm                     - xditview/gray4.bm
  - xditview/gray5.bm                     - xditview/gray6.bm
  - xditview/gray7.bm                     - xditview/gray8.bm
  - xditview/gxditview.man                - xditview/lex.c
  - xditview/page.c                       - xditview/parse.c
  - xditview/xdit.bm                      - xditview/xdit_mask.bm
  - xditview/xditview.c                   - xditview/xtotroff.c

  > Replaced by mandoc(1) for base and xenocara purposes,
  > and comes with 4.9 ports.
  > ok deraadt@ (schwarze@)

== include =========================================================== 04/11 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

kvm.h

  ~ kvm.h

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/11 ==

libarch

  ~ i386/Makefile                         + i386/i386_get_fsbase.2
  + i386/i386_get_fsbase.c                + i386/i386_get_gsbase.2
  + i386/i386_get_gsbase.c                + i386/i386_set_fsbase.c
  + i386/i386_set_gsbase.c

  > Provide wrappers for the new I386_{GET,SET}_{FS,GS}BASE sysarch() calls.
  > In some sense, these are mainly to give names to hang manpages from.
  > (guenther@)

libc

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

  ~ arch/sparc/gen/divrem.m4              ~ arch/sparc64/gen/divrem.m4

  > In the original sparc V7 book (and in the v8 book), the divrem leaf code
  > used
  > local registers for a few temporaries.  This was changed to use two global
  > registers.	Maybe to permit use in-kernel without conflicting with the
  > register V7 register window handlers.  (Was this done by Chris Torek? Is
  > this
  > related to Gordon Irlam's work?  Or was it in NetBSD?  Hard to tell because
  > NetBSD removed their original cvs tree.)
  > In V8 the ABI was tightened; more global registers became offlimits in
  > different ways. We started supporting sun4m, and did not consider this.
  > As a result, the global registers chosen are the wrong choice. In
  > particular, %g7 is a poor choice for upcoming TLS work.  It looks like
  > it is safer to use %g5 and %g6 since these functions are "system software".
  > All re-entrant parts of the system save it.
  > On sparc64 these functions are in libc per ABI requirement, but are unused.
  > On sparc, they occur in bootblocks (no reentrancy), kernel (reentrancy
  > saves
  > globals; kernel is not ABI compliant), userland libc (signal handlers save
  > globals), and ld.so (symbol binding is not re-entrant on its own).
  > Discussed rather extensively with guenther, kettenis, miod and drahn.
  > (deraadt@)

libkvm

  ~ kvm.c                                 ~ kvm_getprocs.3
  ~ kvm_private.h                         ~ kvm_proc.c
  ~ kvm_proc2.c                           ~ shlib_version

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

  ~ kvm_getprocs.3

  > missing word; (jmc@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/11 ==

ld.so

  ~ arm/Makefile.inc                      ~ sparc/Makefile.inc

  > excessive / at the end of a .PATH; ok guenther drahn (deraadt@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/11 ==

  ~ kern/splice/funcs.pl                  + kern/splice/args-max-time.pl
  + kern/splice/args-relay-read-blocking.pl
  + kern/splice/args-relay-read-forked.pl
  + kern/splice/args-relay-write-forked.pl

  > Add more regression tests for socket splicing.  These find the
  > kernel bugs that have slipped through. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/11 ==

fsck_ext2fs

  ~ dir.c                                 ~ extern.h
  ~ fsck.h                                ~ inode.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ pass1.c
  ~ pass1b.c                              ~ pass4.c
  ~ pass5.c                               ~ setup.c
  ~ utilities.c

  > These utilities can currently only operate with a 32-bit block number
  > range,
  > so use daddr32_t
  > ok jasper (deraadt@)

newfs_ext2fs

  ~ mke2fs.c

  > These utilities can currently only operate with a 32-bit block number
  > range,
  > so use daddr32_t
  > ok jasper (deraadt@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.c

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

== share ============================================================= 09/11 ==

  ~ man9/sosplice.9

  > There existed a race when a process was trying to read from a spliced
  > socket.  soreceive() releases splsoftnet for uiomove().  In that
  > moment, somove() could pull the mbuf from the receive buffer.  After
  > that, soreceive removed the mbuf again.  The corrupted length
  > accounting resulted in a panic.
  > The fix is to block read calls in soreceive() until splicing has
  > been finished.
  > just commit deraadt@ (bluhm@)

  ~ man4/st.4

  > mtop uses int, not daddr_t, for count.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

mk

  - bsd.doc.mk                            ~ Makefile
  ~ bsd.README

  > bsd.doc.mk is dead.  long live bsd.doc.mk
  > discussed with ingo (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 10/11 ==

arch/amd64/include

  ~ endian.h

  > Implement swap64 with the bswapq instruction.  (Commit stolen from mikeb@)
  > Add missing __statement modifiers and correct %1 to %0 in the asm.
  > ok mikeb@, pirofti@, drahn@ (guenther@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ locore.s                              ~ machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ sys_machdep.c

  > Provide distinct segments for the %fs and %gs selectors to use by
  > default, with per-rthread base offsets and with sysarch() functions,
  > I386_{GET,SET}_{FS,GS}BASE, for fetching and setting those base
  > offsets.  This is necessary for both rthread and Linux compat support.
  > suggestions from kettenis@, prodding from pirofti@ and deraadt@ (guenther@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ pcb.h                                 ~ segments.h
  ~ sysarch.h

  > Provide distinct segments for the %fs and %gs selectors to use by
  > default, with per-rthread base offsets and with sysarch() functions,
  > I386_{GET,SET}_{FS,GS}BASE, for fetching and setting those base
  > offsets.  This is necessary for both rthread and Linux compat support.
  > suggestions from kettenis@, prodding from pirofti@ and deraadt@ (guenther@)

  ~ endian.h

  > Add missing __statement modifiers in various endian.h files and correct
  > %0 to %1 in the i386 asm.
  > asm correction ok drahn@ (guenther@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ endian.h

  > Add missing __statement modifiers in various endian.h files and correct
  > %0 to %1 in the i386 asm.
  > asm correction ok drahn@ (guenther@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ l1.c

  > Be more paranoid when attempting to parse an IA record, and make sure we
  > won't try to read past the end of the record, no matter what kind of
  > garbage
  > it may contain.
  > No functional change on IP35 systems with valid IA records. (miod@)

arch/sh/include

  ~ endian.h

  > Add missing __statement modifiers in various endian.h files and correct
  > %0 to %1 in the i386 asm.
  > asm correction ok drahn@ (guenther@)

arch/sparc/stand/installboot

  ~ installboot.c

  > incorrect parameters to warn() (deraadt@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ endian.h

  > Add missing __statement modifiers in various endian.h files and correct
  > %0 to %1 in the i386 asm.
  > asm correction ok drahn@ (guenther@)

compat/common

  ~ kern_info_43.c

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

  ~ uipc_socket.c

  > There existed a race when a process was trying to read from a spliced
  > socket.  soreceive() releases splsoftnet for uiomove().  In that
  > moment, somove() could pull the mbuf from the receive buffer.  After
  > that, soreceive removed the mbuf again.  The corrupted length
  > accounting resulted in a panic.
  > The fix is to block read calls in soreceive() until splicing has
  > been finished.
  > just commit deraadt@ (bluhm@)

lib/libkern

  ~ arch/sparc/divrem.m4

  > In the original sparc V7 book (and in the v8 book), the divrem leaf code
  > used
  > local registers for a few temporaries.  This was changed to use two global
  > registers.	Maybe to permit use in-kernel without conflicting with the
  > register V7 register window handlers.  (Was this done by Chris Torek? Is
  > this
  > related to Gordon Irlam's work?  Or was it in NetBSD?  Hard to tell because
  > NetBSD removed their original cvs tree.)
  > In V8 the ABI was tightened; more global registers became offlimits in
  > different ways. We started supporting sun4m, and did not consider this.
  > As a result, the global registers chosen are the wrong choice. In
  > particular, %g7 is a poor choice for upcoming TLS work.  It looks like
  > it is safer to use %g5 and %g6 since these functions are "system software".
  > All re-entrant parts of the system save it.
  > On sparc64 these functions are in libc per ABI requirement, but are unused.
  > On sparc, they occur in bootblocks (no reentrancy), kernel (reentrancy
  > saves
  > globals; kernel is not ABI compliant), userland libc (signal handlers save
  > globals), and ld.so (symbol binding is not re-entrant on its own).
  > Discussed rather extensively with guenther, kettenis, miod and drahn.
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ arch/sparc/rem.S                      ~ arch/sparc/sdiv.S
  ~ arch/sparc/udiv.S                     ~ arch/sparc/urem.S

  ~ sysctl.h

  > Replace the old, broken KERN_PROC ABI and its matching functions
  > in libkvm with the stable-ABI versions that are currently named
  > KERN_PROC2, kvm_get{proc,argv,envv}2().  The latter names and symbols
  > will continue to be supported for a few releases.
  > Committing now that they ports people have had a couple releases
  > to update pkgs that usd the old functions (guenther@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

ldpd

  ~ packet.c

  > Log the fact that a session was not accepted because of missing HELLOs.
  > (claudio@)

  ~ hello.c                               ~ ldpe.h
  ~ neighbor.c

  > Bad bad Claudio. Fix an evil bug that caused nbr addr_tree corruption.
  > Do not insert neighbors first to the address tree and then assign the
  > address to the struct. Instead pass the address to nbr_new() so all
  > keys for the various RB trees are available when setting the neighbor up.
  > (claudio@)

relayd

  ~ relay.c

  > A connection that is constantly sending data uni-directionaly from
  > the client to the server did always trigger the session timeout.
  > The reason for this behavior was that any read event reset the
  > client side timeout.  A read event on one side must reset the timeout
  > for the other side instead.
  > ok deraadt@ (bluhm@)

  ~ relay.c